Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I found my first SAK!

us Offline turbov21

I found my first SAK!
on: October 17, 2009, 09:27:38 AM
Insomnia pays off!

I was digging through a drawer tonight, and at the bottom I saw something red and knife-shaped.  A pocket knife.  I pulled it out, and was immediately excited.  My old knife...which wasn't a SAK.  A pretty nifty knife, but there was no Swiss cross.  "No, I know my first knife was a SAK," I thought.  So I kept digging.

AND I FOUND IT!

I thought my first knife was a Tinker or a Spartan, but it looks like I have a Viking:

Oh, man, I am so happy.  I thought I'd thrown this out.  After I crash for the night, this baby's getting an oiling and love.  :tool:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Re: I found my first SAK!
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:55:20 AM
Nice find,  :tu: I still root around at my parents house when I visit them trying to find my first SAK, given to me by my grandfather but nothings come to light so far  :(
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 10:12:02 AM
Nice one :tu:

You never forget your first one do you :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:05:08 PM
Good on ya mate  :tu:

I have been searching for my first SAK "for weeks now" I got back in 90's no luck for me tho I'm convinced now! I threw it out  :ahhh

I'll put the search to rest tomorrow with one last attempt,I'm sure wasting time tho :bnghd: as even my dog can't find it  :D

us Offline bren10man

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:07:52 PM
Mine was stolen.....a Champion. >:(
MOLON LABE!

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:29 PM
Great that you found your first.  Mine is on it's way to Ibach to be refurbished.  It is a Vic Modeler.  I sent it to Connecticut and they didn't do a very good job.  I went to Vic's Swiss web site and emailed them.  A couple days later a get a call from Connecticut apologizing and they send me a UPS delivery label via email.  They are sending it to Ibach along with someone's 1947 Soldier  :drool:  Who knows how long it will take.
[

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:08:17 PM
My first was a Camper that I gave to a friend after I got a Champ (who knew you could own more then one SAK at a time) :bnghd:

Carried that Camper for years, his boys lost it for him. :ahhh

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 04:04:49 PM
No idea what happened to my first SAK.  I know my first pocket knife was lost on Walesby camp site in the early eighties :(
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 06:40:54 PM
Nice. :D

I have no idea what my first SAK was. XD

I still have the first SAK I bought, however.
Got those frog legs.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 07:46:36 PM
That awesome!  My first knife has been lost to time and wherever it ended up and it wasn't a SAK.   That's a great feeling isn't it??
:)  :tu:
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 08:14:19 PM
Always nice to find your first. Mine's lost/stolen, a motorist.  :( And my rotten luck, my first pocket knife is stolen too, a gerber chameleon. Both are long discontinued so I can't replace them.

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:00 AM
My first pocket kinife was a chinese knock off that i got in uraguay when i was about 9. i remember it had the 4 pointd star with the intelceleron type -circle  It was the during the height of the macgyver series.

a few years later we moved from brazil to sydney and i had a neighbour with a us boyscout history (i now have his sak... somewhere... its old) and i spent months droolsing over the sak catalogues and shop displays. i eventually persuaded my mum to buy me a ranger. it wasn't nearly as decked out as a swiss champ but it had a woodsaw and a metal saw which made it so much cooler than the huntsman (i seem to remeber fishscales as well but when i looked up sakwiki it was missing... and i definately had a ranger cause well i used to always choose that in AD&D) so thats my first SAK.. i lost that some years later... then bought an explorer when i wast 15-16 ishs. it had a phillips and i never used the saws and after all the magnifier could be handy right? like if i get trapped somewhere and need fire ( :rofl:)  i still have it somewhere but its spent the last decade in several drawers.  :oops:

Just recently i have picked up several lots of saks on ebay and been very pleased with the junker-rambler i have pieced together from various parts (missing scales put an led-scale from one and a tweezer scale from the over its the sort of beater i like, dependable and if i break it toss it make another  :angel:)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

Offline Ben X

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 11:29:09 AM
First SAK? Do Wengers really count though? *ducks for cover*
"

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 01:55:10 PM
I'd like to apologise for my extremely bad spelling and gramma in the above post. i would edit it but i can't see how.
I should really proof read these things but hey i have the excuse that english is my second language... so i do alright
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 02:32:05 PM
I'd like to apologise for my extremely bad spelling and gramma in the above post. i would edit it but i can't see how.
I should really proof read these things but hey i have the excuse that english is my second language... so i do alright

Reads OK to me, I wouldn't fret :)
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:14:01 PM
You should just be pleased that you actually have something decent to contribute in there.  Take Mikes posts for example, completely random, off topic and usually no interest whatsoever.  :D
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD