Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Want to Trade my Leather Leatherman Sheath for a Nylon one...

Offline Thargor

Hi everybody, basically I have one of these:

But I hate leather so I want one of these:

The leather one came with my Charge and it has been in a drawer since the day it arrived so brand new, never used, Im looking for a straight out trade, I pay the postage to the US or wherever and you pay the postage to Ireland, should be about 3 bucks going by past Ebay experience, anyone interested?

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Hmm, does that sheath have space for the bit kit that comes with the charge?

Offline Thargor

Yep, theres a big compartment for the Charge and a thin compartment behind that formed by a slightly elastic piece of nylon or something for the bit kit, holds everything nice and tight but accessible. Are you interested? How does the nylon sheath close? Is it Velcro or a snap fastener (mine snaps)?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
....How does the nylon sheath close? Is it Velcro or a snap fastener (mine snaps)?

The nylon one shown in your photo uses Velcro....and if I remember correctly, Raukodur has a "special" sheath for his.  :grin:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Thargor

Good, I want a velcro fastener aswell, not really a fan of those snap catches either.

By "special" you dont mean camouflaged do you? ;)

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Hehe, yes, its a camo sheath, looks quite nice. If it was a black one I would swap in an instant.

Even now, I prefer leather, but am not sure because of the special camo colouring.

Is the leather sheath dark brown or black? my computer screen doesnt always portray colours too accurately.

Offline Thargor

Yeah its a deep black, and Id only be interested in a camo sheath if I had a camo Charge, sorry, dont supose you want to swap that aswell do you? :D

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
hehe not really, paid quite a premium to get the camo charge.

I would have been interested in swapping the sheath, I prefer leather to nylon. But I can see your point about camo sheath and non camo charge.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Hmm, wonder if there is such a thing as a camo leather sheath...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I dunno- check with Esteban (mcniac) at sosaker@gmail.com becuse he does some really great things with leather.

I guess it would be possible to dye a camo pattern into it, but it would probably have to be done by hand.

By the way, great sig.  Lovecraft was a genius... a dark genius, but genius nonetheless!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Thanks for the info Def, I think I may jsut stick with my sheath since it does the job, and is out of the ordinary anyway. The only reason I was contemplating the leather one was because it was up for a straight trade. I dont think I would spend money on one when the one I have is perfect!

Yeah I really like Lovecraft's books, I havent read too many of them, seem to have trouble finding them, and atm have no time to look, but even of the stories of his I did read, they are genuinely creepy. He knows how to use the art of understatement very well, which is a vital ingredient in any truly good book or movie.
The stories are so well written they are a joy to read, quite short, and really delve into nightmarish stuff, often by not telling you exactly what the creature of darkness really is or does. Leaving stuff up to your imagination is best, that way the more creative we are, the more we can scare ourselves by imagining what could be.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Although I would be very interested in seeing what kind of weird and wonderful sheaths are available  :grin:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Leatherman did (does?) make a leather sheath with camo finish. This one came with a Bass Pro Shops camo XTi. I do not know if it is available seperately?
sheathes 003.JPG
* sheathes 003.JPG (Filesize: 74.94 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
That looks amazing  :o

But why didnt they put their leatherman badge on it in the same way as on the black leather sheath!?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I'm not certain, but possibly because it is a couple years old? The nylon-with-velcro sheaths from a couple years ago also did not have a Leatherman badge.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
No chance you have one of those you willing to part with Bob  :grin:

Thought not  :P

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
No chance you have one of those you willing to part with Bob  :grin:

Thought not  :P

You know me well, Obi-wan.   :grin:

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Thargor, I think I have the one your looking for PM sent.
"

Offline Thargor

Much appreciated Prime77, that'll be on its way tomorrow, thread closed.

Offline Rob

Re: Want to Trade my Leather Leatherman Sheath for a Nylon one...
Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 06:11:57 PM
Just to clear things up.  Leatherman still offers the leather camo Charge sheath shown in the pic in this thread.  It's part number 909300 and lists for $8.00 (although they have it shown as $10 on their site  ???).  The way I was reading the posts it sounds like some may have thought it's no longer available.

http://www.leatherman.com/shop/shop.aspx?category=36

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD