Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

spyderco bob terzuola review

Offline heavy handed

spyderco bob terzuola review
on: October 22, 2009, 10:31:34 PM
this is my second go at trying to get the review on the site, the 1st ones file was to large and i lost all my typing so apologies is this review is not any good.

my long awaited bob t came yesterday :mail:. and i can sum up this knife in one very short word ,"WOW".........

when i first started collecting knives i always wanted a knife that folde down in to a thin frame and not to have to much blade showing, so i always over look spyderco because the spyde hole never fitted in to my plans. but i saw the native online( cant remember which model), and i knew i wanted a spyderco, but with the laws in the GB beign what they are i didnt want to buy any more lock knives, so the search began for a premium pocket knife. then at the early part of this year i saw the bob t pics from the shot show i knew then that was the knife for me, i dont think a day went bye without me looking for more specs and release dates for this knife.

1st impressions:

the knife was well packaged in the spyderco box of red and black, it came in foam and in bubble wrap, and also there was a note from spyderco about the knife and the designer bob t.
  the first thing i noticed about this knife was how slim and small it is no amount of looking at the specs could of prepaired me for that (it beign small is not  a bad thing IMO as that was what i was after. ( i could of also of brought the urban but IMO the leaf shape blade is to NKP unfriendly) so a slim design was paramount.

the knife is light but yet still feels beefy. after testing the blade on a few helpless scraps of paper , i went over this knife with eagle eyes as i wanted this knife to be perfect, and it is,the fit and fishish is superb, there are no scratches on the grippy carbon fiber the blade grind is superb and there is no blade play top marks to spyderco there.

the knife also fits in to the plastic slip pouch of the vix solo.
when i had read reviews of this knife one thing kept coming up, and that is the built in lanyard and lanyard eyelet, this is the only thing i was unsure of on this knife from 2-D pictures, i will admit that the leather lanyard does get in the way abit it sort of rubs againts your wrist, but i didnt wanna take it off so i twisted the lanyard 90 degrees( so it sticks out to the side of the knife) and i got to say i dont even know its ther now. the actual carbon fiber eyelit is not a problem at all IMO as it is quite small and is well rounded, it fits in to the contours of your hand when using the knife and it causes no discomfort. i used the knife quite a bit today and the deep finger choil gives you a good sense of security. i cant OHO the knife yet so im still using two hands. also the half stop works well gives good reassurance and piece of mind that your not gunna shut the blade on your finger.

overall this knife covers all of my knife needs and wants its slim and sexy, it has high end materials its uk legal and came super sharp from the box with no blemishes, i dont own a ukpk so i dont know whether is  much of the same and whether it would warrent bying another £100+ knife but if you are looking for a new knife that is uk legal i dont think you could go far wrong with the bob t, i think i will get many many years service out of this knife it is built to last.

p.s thanks for the kind words regarding my job :cheers:

Heavey handed

097.JPG
* 097.JPG (Filesize: 57.44 KB)
099.JPG
* 099.JPG (Filesize: 73.66 KB)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: spyderco bob terzuola review
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
Fine review mate :tu:

Do you think the mech will ease up, or is it just too tight for easy OHO ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline heavy handed

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:40:17 PM
the mech was quite stiff when i first got the knife, but after playing with it it has eased up slightly, i also think that is partly to do with me having never had a OHO knife before, ive tried the spyde drop and can only get the blade out about a quater of the way.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:43:51 PM
Might because of the stiff backspring needed for slip joint. Have you tried to oil or adjust the pivot?

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:45:17 PM
Might because of the stiff backspring needed for slip joint. Have you tried to oil or adjust the pivot?
Yeah that sound's plausible :)

The UKPK is considerably more difficult to OHO compared to a regular tac folder too.

Offline heavy handed

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:46:52 PM
i put some 3in 1 oil on the knife when i got it and worked it in and that seemed to help a little , but i havent adjusted the pivot yet as it quite a small torx secrw and mine are to big.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:51:43 PM
Adjusting the pivot will help I expect.

Certainly looks nice.  :drool:
I'm back!!

Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:48:43 PM
So is it better yet :pok: :pok: :D

Offline heavy handed

Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 02:55:17 PM
a little bit more playing and a bit more oil and i can open the knife OH now, its very smooth now :D

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 04:00:00 PM
a little bit more playing and a bit more oil and i can open the knife OH now, its very smooth now :D
Result :tu:

If you come to the next meet up, could you bring it with you please mate? :)

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 04:04:57 PM
Nice review, I agree with you - it's a quality piece  :tu:

Mine was stiff too and I haven't adjusted it as I'm not carrying it... still undecided if it's for me or not  ::)
I'd say it probably has a more powerful backspring than the UKPK for reference but that may of course change with use etc.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline heavy handed

Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 06:38:14 PM

if i can make the meet up next year i promise il bring it along :salute:, is there any new news on the where abouts and date of the meet?

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 06:39:45 PM

if i can make the meet up next year i promise il bring it along :salute:, is there any new news on the where abouts and date of the meet?
The whereabouts is a secret (we don't want the press finding out) but the meet will be in April/May probably :)

Offline heavy handed

Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 06:42:33 PM
happy days ,that should be good for me :)

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 06:57:15 PM
happy days ,that should be good for me :)

Fantastic!!!! the plan is set ( John stealthy enters the meet)  :D

you won't see me there I'll be wearing a black balaclava and ninja boots,oh and if you see a thread "containing a droplet of liquid"  hanging above you while you yawn don't worry you'll only sleep for about ten minutes  ;) :D

gota get me a  terzuola by April/may at the latest  >:D  :D

Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 09:50:52 PM

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:30 PM

Great review Heavy Handed,real impressed with the knife and the designer,and making it street legal in the UK and Germany is all the better,great metal and handle material,lighter and stronger.
 :cheers:& :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD