Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger PocketGrip or Wenger Swiss grip

Offline colubrid

Wenger PocketGrip or Wenger Swiss grip
on: May 19, 2007, 08:39:54 AM
I have an opportunity to buy one of these tools as i found two in a feed and supply store near me. I don't know if one is worth more than the other but the larger black one (swiss grip) is cheaper than the red pocketgrip.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh!.. and if neither is collectable which one will I get more use out of or has a higher cool factor?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Wenger PocketGrip or Wenger Swiss grip
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:39 PM
They aren't collectible in the traditional sense- they aren't discontinued or rare.  They are just hard to find in North America because they weren't officially imported here.  As for using, I doubt you will find a stronger set of pliers on any tool than the bigger SwissGrip.

I like them both, and if you are getting a good price, let me know- I might be interested in whichever one you don't want.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 01:26:49 PM
The big SwissGrip is the better of the two IMO, but you also must remember the Multitool.org motto: When in doubt, buy both!  8)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:04:04 PM
The big SwissGrip is the better of the two IMO, but you also must remember the Multitool.org motto: When in doubt, buy both!  8)

yep that sounds like a plan to me :grin:

I think you,ll be well served by either, certainly i,m looking to get one of the smaller models soon :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:01:57 PM
i bought the mini a couple of months ago and it doesnt get much pocket time. i am 2 meters tall with big hands and it feels quite clumsy. from time to time the bitholder falls out when using the pliers which i dont like so much. i should've gone for the bigger one which seems to be quite sturdy. but on the other hand what reason would i had to buy the new wenger with foldable pliers? i haven't touched it yet, but i hope it makes up for what the other one lacks. dont get me wrong, its a decent tool, but with big hands like mine, it just doesnt feel right. never had problems with a sak, but this one was kind of unnecessary in retrospecive. still wouldn't want to trade it though, so i guess i got used to its disadventages. it has the first serrated blade which really was put to work and served me well.

Offline colubrid

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:38:51 AM
I am going to check the exact prices and offer them to anyone here that would like them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%