Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keeping Inventory Help?

00 Offline 1jump2many

Keeping Inventory Help?
on: October 28, 2009, 02:12:58 PM
I've got almost 80 SAK's and have been using MS OneNote to keep track of them.  I can't imagine what those of you who have a lot  more do without something to keep an inventory with do.  I could make a table in MS Word but thought an MS Excel spreadsheet would be the best option.  The problem is, I'm not very good at creating anything more than a rudimentary spreadsheet.  I should take an online course to brush up on Excel.  I was wondering if anyone knows or has made a nice Excel spreadsheet to keep a good detailed inventory of their SAK collection?  Or maybe someone who excels in Excel,  :pok: , could make one and post it on SOSAK or someplace.  If one hasn't already been designed we could use the forum to help design it by suggesting column titles like, brand, model, size, layers, scales, color, etc.  I could be way behind the curve here and someone has already done this.  If so could someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks. 
[

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Keeping Inventory Help?
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:16:04 PM
I just take a photograph, number them using Photoshop, and then make a list under. Works for me so far.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:10:51 PM
Try this. http://www.e-webtechnologies.com/sak/Swiss_Army_Knife_Records_Blank_Template.xls

Perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for.  Nice background picture too.   :cheers:  Thanks, I appreciate it. :tu:
[

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:39 PM
I just take a photograph, number them using Photoshop, and then make a list under. Works for me so far.

You must have a hard drive full of pics Chako,  :D  That is a good idea too.  I may eventually end up doing that in the future but starting from scratch it could end up being pretty time consuming even for a collection of my size.  Did you do that from the start?  Also do you pose the SAK's so all their tools are exposed?  That would even add a lot more time.  Not to mention, I'm not even in the same league as you when it comes to photography.  It seems as if it is another one of your passions.  Thanks for the tip.
[

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:13 PM
Yes, I do have a HD full of photographs. Well I was using this web site as a sort of online catalogue. That didn't work out so well in the end. I was nearing my maxed capacity on Photobucket. I just cleaned it all out to make more room.

EDIT: And found out that it made a giant mess. Fixing that right now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:39:45 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:07:26 AM
Yes, I do have a HD full of photographs. Well I was using this web site as a sort of online catalogue. That didn't work out so well in the end. I was nearing my maxed capacity on Photobucket. I just cleaned it all out to make more room.

EDIT: And found out that it made a giant mess. Fixing that right now.

I know what you mean.  I'm leary of posting pics because if I ever decide to clean out my Image Shack account it will screw up some posts.  And you never know when a thread will comeback from the dead, so to speak.  I don't even though what my max allowed space is on Image Shack.  I know there are pictures I'd love to delete but I'm not so sure it would be a good thing.   :think:

[

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 02:30:17 AM
It may take a bit longer, but why not use tinypic?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%