Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Core in a Super Tool sheath

us Offline Deere Man

Core in a Super Tool sheath
on: November 14, 2009, 06:55:53 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if the Core will fit into a Super Tool sheath.  I just found a sheath online which is designed to hold the ST and the universal bit driver along with a holder for the bits.  I was thinking about picking one up for my dad as he carries a Core and the universal driver, but I want to be sure the Core will fit.  Thanks.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Re: Core in a Super Tool sheath
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:31:30 AM
The Core won't fit in the Super Tool or ST200 sheaths. I'm not sure about the ST300 sheaths.

I do know if you get the Core bit adapter (the one that goes on the Philips screwdriver), it comes with either the nylon or leather Surge sheath, which fits the Core, but has some side play.

Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:15:53 AM
Well I have a very well broken in SuperTool sheath and I tried it the other day and guess what the Core barely squeezed in there :o :D I would say with some water and some time I could probably get it to work fine :) But no go with any accessories :-\ I was thinking of putting my ST300 in it after I tried the water and stretched it with the Core :think: but I have an adapter as well and don't know if I want to part with it so easily :D

All in all it's possible but would be much harder for a new Supertool sheath I would imagine :)

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:52 AM
Well I have a very well broken in SuperTool sheath and I tried it the other day and guess what the Core barely squeezed in there :o :D I would say with some water and some time I could probably get it to work fine :) But no go with any accessories :-\ I was thinking of putting my ST300 in it after I tried the water and stretched it with the Core :think: but I have an adapter as well and don't know if I want to part with it so easily :D

All in all it's possible but would be much harder for a new Supertool sheath I would imagine :)

Ah brute force, the father of invention. :D

I would think that the S300 might be an easier fit. With trying to fit the Core into all of the sheaths that I have, I've found that what usually keeps it from fitting, in an otherwise proper length sheath, is that it does not taper at the pliers end of the tool. Since the ST300 has brought back the taper, it may well fit where no Core has dared to go.

With the Surge sheaths, there is already a bit pocket in the rear, and with the extra room on the sides, it allows for fitting all kinds of goodies in with it.  :)

There is also the Molle sheath which contains the rear bit pocket, but not the side pockets of the Surge sheath.
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD