Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Getting excited

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Getting excited
on: May 20, 2007, 03:24:40 AM
My new Pocket PC, an iPAQ h2495x should be here this week.  My poor old Palm Tungsten E is still running strong but I decided to upgrade anyway.  I got a great deal on a slightly used iPAQ from a SOSAK member and I would have been an idiot to pass it up.  I had another PPC not too long ago, but it lasted just long enough for me to get used to Windows Mobile before dying on me.  I liked it because unlike my previous Palm units (M-125, IIIe, Sony CLIE and the Tungsten E) it had the full screen capability rather than giving over roughly 1/3 of the screen to the writing area.  I know the new Palms are doing that as well, but unfortunately Palm OS is dying a slow death.  Despite it being a better system, it's going the way of the dinosaur.

I'm really looking forward to this one!  I'll be taking it and my wireless keyboard with me on my trip next month so even though I won't be here, I'll be working on some great stuff for both Multitool.org, SOSAKOnline and maybe a few other places I'll be telling you about soon!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Getting excited
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 01:22:11 PM
Well another week has gone by and the PPC is held up somewhere.  I was sure it would have been here by yesterday at the latest, but it was a nice day and for some reason my little street gets omitted by the mail carriers on sunny Friday afternoons.  Ahem... I mean, it's an amazing coincidence how neither myself, nor any of my neighbors gets mail on a sunny Friday afternoon.

To add insult to injury, if it comes on Monday I won't be around to get it as I'll be out all day Monday.  The plot sickens...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 03:39:32 AM
You think they'd give it to you if you went to the post office?  It also gives you the opportunity to rat out the mail carrier who selectively carries mail.

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 05:09:32 AM
Nope.  I don't even know if it's made it this far, and I'd hate to rat out my mailman and end up with even worse service!  A neighbor of mine is a mailman and I mention it to him once in a while.  He's on my street and he knows who delivers around here.  This way no one's feathers get ruffled and no dead birds get sent to me via special delivery.

Def

Offline tstetz

Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 07:11:28 PM
That sucks Def.

My old Palm OS Zodiac has been gimpy for a while. I think the battery is just old. It doesn't hold a charge well and of course Tapwave ended up going out of business.

I've been debating on what to replace it with. I'd like a PDA phone but haven't wanted to spend the cash on one. They're pretty big too for just a phone.

I'd actually consider another basic Palm but options are slim right now. I don't mind teh basic Z22 even but I wish it wasn't white, and had an SD slot.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:18:21 PM
I won't get anything without an SD slot.  I have too much invested in SD cards to start fiddling with another type now.

Plus with SD cards up to 4gigs nowadays, why bother with anything else?

Def

Offline tstetz

Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 11:32:10 PM
The Z22 doesn't have any expansion slot at all!

To be honest, I dunno if I need one. I'd be happy with some basic games, and some books in addition to the usual Palm contacts and calender. Still, it seems dumb not to have an expansion slot these days just in case.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%