Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Classic SD Alox Colors?

00 Offline 1jump2many

Classic SD Alox Colors?
on: November 07, 2009, 10:33:27 PM
I could be wrong, but it seems the Vic Classic SD is the model with the most colors in alox.  I've got several and have seen many more.  I was wondering how many colors the Classic SD were made in alox.  I've got silver, red, orange and black.  There are several others I will eventually pickup, blue, green, pink to name a few.  I saw one on eBay and was going to buy it but waited too long.  It was Sage Green.  What other colors have other members seen or have?  I'm just curious to see how many colors the Classic SD came in alox.  Thanks
[

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Re: Classic SD Alox Colors?
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:39:46 PM
Try Tim.  I know he has a bunch of the Euro colors.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:40 PM
Try Tim.  I know he has a bunch of the Euro colors.

I was looking at his site the other day.  I always check his site out.  He has several Classic SD's but only a few in alox.  I'm also curious to see what rare colors are out there or were out there.  But specifically alox.  What made me think of it was the Sage Green alox Classic SD I saw.  I figure there has to be some cool alox colors from the past members have.  Pictures would be nice.
[

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 11:50:14 PM
Try Tim.  I know he has a bunch of the Euro colors.

I was looking at his site the other day.  I always check his site out.  He has several Classic SD's but only a few in alox.  I'm also curious to see what rare colors are out there or were out there.  But specifically alox.  What made me think of it was the Sage Green alox Classic SD I saw.  I figure there has to be some cool alox colors from the past members have.  Pictures would be nice.
I have Green, Silver, Black, Blue, Orange and Red. $16. each.
T

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:35:03 AM
I just know of the standard colors which are the same as these Companion Colors (more or less, the Green is Darker, a Hunter Green, and there 'may be' 2 blues (not including the Euro blue), and the 2007 Euro Colors that hit the US in 2008.  A sage would be very interesting never seen it in Alox; I've seen some pictures though of the Euro colors with the wrong tint that make them look like different colors.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 12:48:03 AM
I love that green.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 01:13:10 AM
OK I snapped a quick shot of Classic-SD Alox models before the Euro Colors.  I'm not sure if there were any other standard colors, but for advertising anything would be possible.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 01:28:15 AM
OK I snapped a quick shot of Classic-SD Alox models before the Euro Colors.  I'm not sure if there were any other standard colors, but for advertising anything would be possible.

(Image removed from quote.)
That be them.
T

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:42:55 AM
Notice the lighter green color in the vertical picture?  The other green is more of hunter green, that looks like a sage green.  Plus I see pink alox Classic SD's around too.  Are these older colors or are they colors sold outside the North American market?
[

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 05:04:53 AM
Notice the lighter green color in the vertical picture?  The other green is more of hunter green, that looks like a sage green.  Plus I see pink alox Classic SD's around too.  Are these older colors or are they colors sold outside the North American market?
The Lime Green, Orange and the Pink are all "Euro" Classics. They started in Europe but are available here now as well.
T

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 05:51:57 AM
Notice the lighter green color in the vertical picture?  The other green is more of hunter green, that looks like a sage green.  Plus I see pink alox Classic SD's around too.  Are these older colors or are they colors sold outside the North American market?
The Lime Green, Orange and the Pink are all "Euro" Classics. They started in Europe but are available here now as well.

Tim,

Is the Euro Blue different than the blue that ICanFixThat is showing?  It looks more of an aqua blue.  I notice you have a hunter green on your site.  Any idea when you will be getting any of the Euro Colors like Lime Green, Pink or Euro Blue in?  I want to buy the hunter green from you but would rather buy two or three than one at a time.  I know you probably think I'm crazy but I saw a Classic SD in alox that was a lighter green than the Euro Lime Green on eBay.  It might have been a bad picture but it seemed to be a stock photo.  It was a "Buy It Now" and was higher than you sell your Classic SD's for so I blew it off.  Now I don't see it.  That is the one I am referring to as Sage Green.  I think they described it as sage green too.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:57:18 AM by 1jump2many »
[

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 06:25:34 AM
I think you know this now, but the vertical strip of Classic-SD Alox colors in my first image post is what to refered to loosely as the 2007 Euro Colors.  They were a Limited Edition and are already getting a bit scarce. 

Yes the Euro Blue is quite a bit lighter than the older standard Blue.  My picture may not show the standard blue quite as deep as it really is. 

I got Fooled by an image that made the lime-green look different, so I'd be careful.  However if the knife has advertising then any color is possible.  Due to the texture of the Alox Classic-SD they were not as popular as advertising models as the Companion or the Classics.  For advertising on the larger Alox knives they made custom scales with a flat advertising/logo area, I'm not sure if I've seen any like this the the Alox Classics.

I'll have to do a Euro color shot when I'm able, that marketing image is kind of small. Maybe on a straight shot I could get all the colors in 1 shot.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 02:56:02 PM
ICanFixThat,

So there is really only 9 colors?  The five standard colors and the 4 Euro colors.  Obviously the silver in the Euro lineup is the same as the standard silver.  It might very well have been a bleached out Lime Green picture that I saw.  It was on eBay and it wasn't a corporate logo.  I was going from memory and it is gone now so I can't reference the picture.  But now knowing the 9 colors I'm sure you guys are right.  Thanks for the information.
[

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 04:03:29 AM
Don't know if it was just a special edition or what but I bought a Pink alox Classic for my little girl :)

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:24 AM
Don't know if it was just a special edition or what but I bought a Pink alox Classic for my little girl :)

Is is one of the Euro colors that ICanFixThat has listed above?  Come on, you can admit it, it wasn't for your daughter.   :pok:  Actually I think that Euro Pink looks somewhere between pink and purple.  I bought one of those translucent pink breast cancer Classic SD's and that SAK is PINK.  I could have sworn I've seen other colors than the nine mentioned above but I can't be for sure.
[

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 06:35:42 AM
I bought one of those translucent pink breast cancer Classic SD's and that SAK is PINK.

For yourself, of course. :D
Got those frog legs.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 02:58:47 PM
I bought one of those translucent pink breast cancer Classic SD's and that SAK is PINK.

I am a breat man, that I can't deny.   :D 
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:43:24 PM

I am a breast man, that I can't deny.   :D 

You also get the solid pink cellidor that (I think) was part of the breast cancer campaign.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 04:14:40 PM
Here are my alox classics (and a couple of Brokers). Top row - regular colours, bottom - "euro-colours". Please excuse crappy lighting.

-------
Alexei

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 06:19:14 PM

You also get the solid pink cellidor that (I think) was part of the breast cancer campaign.

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=susan+g.+komen+for+the+cure%C2%AE+-+special+edition+knife&product=56209&
Actually Victorinox made 3 different types of Pink cellidor scales for the 58mm Before they produced the Breast Cancer Special. Hot Pink, Light Pink (what I call Powder Pink) and the Translucent Pink. The translucent scales were modified by adding the Breast Cancer awareness ribbon to make the special one. Back in 2007 Victorinox released another "Pink" colored one but called it "Rose" and it was limited to European markets only. Here is a photo showing the 3 models with this special color.

The Rose "Cadet" or what looks like a modified Recruit/Driver was later released for sale in the North American market. The 58mm model Rose knives are scarce and hard to find. The Signature Light model has the bright "White" LED and is very nice looking. I must admit, the special Rose color looks very close to the Translucent Pink when viewed side by side. Here is another look at the "Euro" colors of Alox Classic.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 06:33:37 PM

Right now I'm just trying to fill in the gaps of my alox Classic SD's.  If I get into cellidor that would take a looooong time.
[

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 06:35:42 PM
Here are my alox classics (and a couple of Brokers). Top row - regular colours, bottom - "euro-colours". Please excuse crappy lighting.

Nice picture, I thought I had the red but I have the silver, black and orange.  I ordered the classic green, classic blue, Euro blue, Euro lime green and Euro pink.  What are the two silver SD's on the right side of the picture with the different texture?
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 06:39:38 PM

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 06:43:41 PM
I think they're Brokers:  http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Broker

Speaking of Brokers, they're quite nice SAKs, I have one on my car key and will sometimes switch my Rambler with it on my other keys when I have a wedding or other formal occasion. :)

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 06:46:26 PM

Gareth,

Are there any other alox Classic SD's in any other colors besides, classic red, classic blue, classic green, black, silver, Euro blue, Euro lime green, Euro pink and Euro Orange?  Just in alox, I know the list of colors in cellidor is endless.  I have several colors in cellidor, mostly the translucent colors.  I'm trying to round off my alox SAK collection and filling some gaps.
[

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 06:49:34 PM

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=susan+g.+komen+for+the+cure%C2%AE+-+special+edition+knife&product=56209&
Actually Victorinox made 3 different types of Pink cellidor scales for the 58mm Before they produced the Breast Cancer Special. Hot Pink, Light Pink (what I call Powder Pink) and the Translucent Pink. The translucent scales were modified by adding the Breast Cancer awareness ribbon to make the special one. Back in 2007 Victorinox released another "Pink" colored one but called it "Rose" and it was limited to European markets only. Here is a photo showing the 3 models with this special color.
The Rose "Cadet" or what looks like a modified Recruit/Driver was later released for sale in the North American market. The 58mm model Rose knives are scarce and hard to find. The Signature Light model has the bright "White" LED and is very nice looking. I must admit, the special Rose color looks very close to the Translucent Pink when viewed side by side. Here is another look at the "Euro" colors of Alox Classic.(Image removed from quote.)

The translucent Breast Cancer SD with the ribbon is the one I have.  I've also seen the Rose colored SD recently.  I think it was actually in a Radio Shack.  I may have to go back and pick it up.
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 06:51:27 PM
I think they're Brokers:  http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Broker

Gareth,

Are there any other alox Classic SD's in any other colors besides, classic red, classic blue, classic green, black, silver, Euro blue, Euro lime green, Euro pink and Euro Orange?  Just in alox, I know the list of colors in cellidor is endless.  I have several colors in cellidor, mostly the translucent colors.  I'm trying to round off my alox SAK collection and filling some gaps.

None that I can think of, but I'm not a particular expert on them.  i believe there are more if you start looking at Companions though: http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Companion

but you really might not want to go there just yet. :)

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 08:18:25 PM
Yes, they are. I like their classy look, but I still carry cellidor Rambler most of the time.
-------
Alexei

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 08:57:53 PM
I think they're Brokers:  http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Broker

Gareth,

None that I can think of, but I'm not a particular expert on them.  i believe there are more if you start looking at Companions though: http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Companion

but you really might not want to go there just yet. :)

Yeah, I saw the picture ICanFixThat posted.  The Companion may be next on my list.
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 01:43:59 AM
They were selling those Breast Cancer pink monstrosities in Black's a while back. They were "reduced" to a tenner I think.

I left them there :D
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24