Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wheres the cheapest place on line to get a Micra?

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:55 PM
(

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Wheres the cheapest place on line to get a Micra?
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:50 PM
China.  :D

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:43:16 PM
LOL no a real one. Something costing around $10 would be nice.
(

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:30 PM
Felinevet at EDCSource..  :tu: :tu:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:04:05 PM by AHB »

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:29:36 PM
has to be new and not an auction site. I'm trying to gte Sears to price match...
(

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:40:15 PM
has to be new and not an auction site. I'm trying to gte Sears to price match...
There's a [Buy-out] option for 8$..  :)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:48 PM
eLeatherman?

Of course, if you just bought it from Tim you'd probably have it by now and save yourself a trip to the mall.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 11:39:36 PM
I don't know if you can still find any but K-Mart, if you have one near you, had them on sale for $9!  That was a few weeks ago but I don't think it was an ad sale.  I think if was a getting them out of stock type sale.  Smitty brought my attention to it.  BTW, K-Mart is owned by Sears or vice versa.

[

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 12:42:30 AM
Costco has a Kick and Mirca combo right now for 25.00
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:21:01 AM
I don't know if you can still find any but K-Mart, if you have one near you, had them on sale for $9!  That was a few weeks ago but I don't think it was an ad sale.  I think if was a getting them out of stock type sale.  Smitty brought my attention to it.  BTW, K-Mart is owned by Sears or vice versa.

I looked already. No Micras but I got a nice new Wenger S10.
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 03:10:16 AM

Have they dropped the prices of their Wenger SAK's too? 
[

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 03:14:18 AM

Yes but just temporarily. I got a S10 for $13.99. I missed the sale but management honored the price as they don't sell well...
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 03:22:13 AM

Yes but just temporarily. I got a S10 for $13.99. I missed the sale but management honored the price as they don't sell well...

I don't go into the only remaining K-Mart in my area very often because the place always seems to be on the verge of falling down.  I mean the HVAC system drowns out the Muzak.  But I noticed when I was in there buying the Micra's that they had a few Wenger models and they were marked down.  I only own 7 or 8 Wenger's but I may have to go in and check out their prices again.  It seems no one in my area realizes they sell any of this stuff so there is always a few in stock.
[

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 03:29:26 AM
If your in there and see any Schrade multis make sure they are the USA ones before buying. Some one made the mistake of getting a newer one and it was crap. You'll probably see an assortment of uncommon tools in there like Buck and others...
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 05:55:38 AM
If your in there and see any Schrade multis make sure they are the USA ones before buying. Some one made the mistake of getting a newer one and it was crap. You'll probably see an assortment of uncommon tools in there like Buck and others...

Yep, you are right.  I do remember seeing some Buck products too.  I may stop in there again tomorrow.  It's on my way home.
[

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 04:20:07 AM
I dropped by K-Mart on my way home today.  They didn't have any Shrade Multi-tools but they did have a few Buck knives and a couple Wenger SAK's.  I'm not interested in Bucks but I decided to pickup the Wenger S10, I liked the lock on it.  I didn't get if for $13.99 though.  It was $19.99.  I have a strange relationship with Wenger SAK's.  I usally don't like them but when I do break down and buy one the more I mess with it the more I realize how decent an SAK it is.  I really like the lock on the S10.
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 10:17:54 AM
I know where you're coming from 1jump; I'm a Victorinox man through-and-through, but every so often I put a Wenger in my pocket and it always surprises me how much I like them.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 03:03:57 PM
I know where you're coming from 1jump; I'm a Victorinox man through-and-through, but every so often I put a Wenger in my pocket and it always surprises me how much I like them.

Yeah, they look sort of cheap in the package but when you actually get them in your hand and look them over they are a decent knife.  Not as good as Vic IMO but still good quality.  I'm sort of intrigued by this locking main blade mechanism of this S10.   :)
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 03:19:01 PM

Yeah, they look sort of cheap in the package but when you actually get them in your hand and look them over they are a decent knife.  Not as good as Vic IMO but still good quality.  I'm sort of intrigued by this locking main blade mechanism of this S10.   :)

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the strength of that lock though, I've been shown a couple of examples where the corners have obviously rounded out and the lock simply doesn't 'bite' anymore and will let the blade fold anyway.  That could well just be part of the old QC issues Wenger went through though and things might be a lot better these days.  I don't think they would stand up to Cold Steel like testing though. :D

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 03:34:10 PM
I've had 3 locking ones(all new production) and never had a problem.
(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 04:07:07 PM
I've had 3 locking ones(all new production) and never had a problem.

Good to know. :)

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 11:49:01 PM

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the strength of that lock though, I've been shown a couple of examples where the corners have obviously rounded out and the lock simply doesn't 'bite' anymore and will let the blade fold anyway.  That could well just be part of the old QC issues Wenger went through though and things might be a lot better these days.  I don't think they would stand up to Cold Steel like testing though. :D

Yeah, I don't imagine that it is for heavy duty use but it is interesting.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD