Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just got my Leatherman Core in today. Woooohooooo!

Offline colubrid

Just got my Leatherman Core in today. Woooohooooo!
on: September 23, 2006, 08:20:50 PM
I like this LM the best so far. This and the Kf4. Not impressed with the Charge at all.

I guess because I like big useful tools that are easy to open. This may not ride on my belt (my Vic Spirit has that honor) but if the unlikley happenes and I have to do some carpentry or remodeling this is the workhorse. It will be my around the house tool for sure.

I am happy with it. Only one that comes close is the SOG which is better quality but does not have the cool large tools.

Now I need the Swisstool to comapre the big boys.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Just got my Leatherman Core in today. Woooohooooo!
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:01:41 PM
I was looking at the Core today in a store... looks pretty cool.  I think when the time is right to get one I'll be ordering from one of our guys even though the store is closer.
It's also alot more expensive!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 12:48:09 AM
........I think when the time is right to get one I'll be ordering from one of our guys even though the store is closer........

When is the time NOT right to buy a new multi tool?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 01:57:18 AM
When I have gotten about ten tools in the past week and still waiting on a few more and the wife is watching me...  then it's not so good...
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 04:16:10 AM
I am telling you the Core is my favorite multitool right now. Not because of its many multi tools or asthetics. But because for me it has all the tools I need and THEY WORK. I can finally reach screw and cut things like the dickens. This thing has long files, knife, saw and especially the screwdrivers (which are also hollow ground) ..

I have been using the LM Charge and I can't even get to any of the screws around the house. Whether its fixing toys, installing a hand vac on the wall ect. Those short bit drivers are useless in my opinion. When I reach for big daddy (the Core) it has the ability to handle what I need a multitool for.

After using the screwdrivers on the KF4, Charge, SOG ect. I really like the Core. It just suits me better because I look for a tool that I can use and not just admire.

The handle is plenty comfortable to.  ;D

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 09:05:33 AM
The extra long screwdrivers are really good on the core.  I really like the the long saw blade when hiking in the woods .  The lenght of both of the blades really make the core on of the best tools out there.
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD