Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How much is to much for the LM bit driver?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
How much is to much for the LM bit driver?
on: May 25, 2007, 12:08:00 AM
There has been allot of talk lately about the bit driver.  I know that one forum member as had his break while using it.  I was just wondering how much power you guys put into yours when using it? Are you afraid of snapping it at all?
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: How much is to much for the LM bit driver?
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:49:05 AM
You talking about the flattened bit driver, like on the Charge and New Wave and Surge? I must admit that I've never really cranked on a tight screw with mine.

(Not that I will avoid using it on one when the opportunity presents itself though.)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:44:09 AM
Yea sorry thats the bit driver I'm talking about. I too have never really tried to use it very hard.  Scary thoughts about it splitting.

* new.jpg (Filesize: 8.22 KB)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:49:32 AM by prime77 »
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:59:52 AM
I won't intentionally seek out a tough screw in order to conduct a destruction test. But neither will I avoid using the bit driver on such a screw when one comes along. If it breaks, it breaks, and the whole tool goes back for a warranty repair.

But I am curious too...has anybody else besides Spoonrobot fragged their bit holder?

(spoonrobot pic)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 11:41:14 AM
 :o That picture really does scare me.

I would really be pleased to find out that either the tool was used improperly (maybe as a wedge) or it was faulty to begin with, or that superman was using it and forgot his own strength.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:09:40 PM
I like the bit holder and I use it all the time.  I haven't had any issues with any of the ones I have, and especially the one on the Surge has seen some serious action without a problem.  My guess would be that SpoonRobot got a defective one, which does happen.  That's what the warranty is for, not for folks using them as hammers because they figure they can get them repaired!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%