Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

French Army Knife..?

AHB · 86 · 9119

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
French Army Knife..?
on: November 27, 2009, 08:12:51 PM
Anyone got one of these...?  :think:

:D

Offline Bowman1911

Re: French Army Knife..?
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:51:30 PM
That's funny! :rofl:
N

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 09:56:55 PM
That's funny! :rofl:

Why? :think:

Yep that's funny alright
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :D

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:58:39 PM by John »

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:08:58 PM
I heard of the real French army knife the cork screw isn't that well designed...
(

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 12:20:38 AM
*sigh*

Let it go guys.. ater 400 years of warfare and civil upheavel its quite understandable

(i'm not french)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 12:33:31 AM
*sigh*

Let it go guys.. ater 400 years of warfare and civil upheavel its quite understandable

(i'm not french)

Funny... I thought that was something they did, not us. :rofl:
Got those frog legs.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 01:47:31 AM
Like supply weapons so you could win your independence?  Exercise their own freedom by not agreeing with the US government?  Or by sacrificing their own countryside to provide intelligence and free prisoners from the Nazis?

I really am sick of the French bashing BS that goes on from time to time.  Learn your history folks.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 02:11:08 AM
Just for the record I wasn't meaning to be French bashing by my comment about the corkscrew I really did hear that from a reputable source.
(

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 05:11:30 AM

French Resistance fighters, Paris 1944

I don't think they received their French Army Knives...

Anyways I don't take it personally, but if you go past the stereotype "French surrendering" and put it in todays context...lots of Americans would surrender to an invading force, and lots would be those men and women in that photo.   

[

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 05:56:03 AM
Like supply weapons so you could win your independence?  Exercise their own freedom by not agreeing with the US government?  Or by sacrificing their own countryside to provide intelligence and free prisoners from the Nazis?

I really am sick of the French bashing BS that goes on from time to time.  Learn your history folks.

Def

Amen, i love the french

(specifically the young buxomy type)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline bren10man

Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 02:58:47 PM
...lots of Americans would surrender to an invading force, and lots would be those men and women in that photo.   

In the cities, maybe.  And Peoples Republik States (those states with massive gun control, to include but not limited to: Kalifornia, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, LA, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc.).

Now, down South and the country where I come from, where there is no gun control, to quote ADM Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy, who toured the USA and studied here and at Oxford prior to WW2, and who planned the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor: "...you cannot conquer the USA.  Behind every blade of grass is a [firearm]..."
MOLON LABE!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 03:09:08 PM
LOL it was just a funny picture it could just as well  been a British army knife,for me it would have had the same effect making me laugh  ::)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 05:08:22 PM
LOL it was just a funny picture it could just as well  been a British army knife,for me it would have had the same effect making me laugh  ::)
Exactly... Could be any flag really, I just thought it was a funny picture..  :D

Offline shadeone

Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 05:09:56 PM
go to google.... type "french army victories" and then click the "im feeling lucky" button...

shade

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 05:16:57 PM
LOL  :D

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 05:29:22 PM
...lots of Americans would surrender to an invading force, and lots would be those men and women in that photo.   

In the cities, maybe.  And Peoples Republik States (those states with massive gun control, to include but not limited to: Kalifornia, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, LA, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc.).

Now, down South and the country where I come from, where there is no gun control, to quote ADM Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy, who toured the USA and studied here and at Oxford prior to WW2, and who planned the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor: "...you cannot conquer the USA.  Behind every blade of grass is a [firearm]..."

+1 I know people around here that have stockpiles of weapons, ammo and, reloading supplies in case of invasion.
(

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 05:37:48 PM
In the event of any invading force it would be a dumb government or state not to rearm it's people that even goes for the UK as well  :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 06:22:25 PM
In the event of any invading force it would be a dumb government or state not to rearm it's people that even goes for the UK as well  :salute:

That reminds me...

(

us Offline bren10man

Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:34 PM

That reminds me...

(Image removed from quote.)

That is what happens when you do not have a Bill of Rights, with Amendment #2 included: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed..."  It is DEFINATELY not there for duck hunting!!!

Me, I have around 27 or so rifles, pistols, and shotguns awaiting my return next summer from gun-banned Korea.  They shall be getting a GOOD workout when I come home!!!
MOLON LABE!

england Offline jacknife

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 11:23:53 PM

I'd like to thank you for the .38S&W Victory model I used to own  :tu:

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 02:57:14 AM

+1 I know people around here that have stockpiles of weapons, ammo and, reloading supplies in case of invasion.

haha, most of those vigilanties would be killed within days :)
i come from rio, the daily negative effects of prolific small arms circuation far outweigh the benifits of having an armed civilan force.
Anyone who disagrees can go get a gun and live in a favela.

Dont get me wrong i still think guns have there place and licenses etc should be accesable... bren10man as much as you sulk about it, i am positive that your stay in korea hasn't been that bad.

(it a shame in a way that sem-automatic rifles are illegal in australia.. i would really like to invest in one to kill feral cats when crossing the nullabor)
- Terry Pratchett

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 05:47:39 AM
I disagree where I live theres on average 5 guns in each house and its a very low crime neighborhood only one murder this decade and it was a decapitalion.
(

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 06:48:26 AM
whats the population density?
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline bren10man

Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 07:26:42 AM

haha, most of those vigilanties would be killed within days :)
i come from rio, the daily negative effects of prolific small arms circuation far outweigh the benifits of having an armed civilan force.
Anyone who disagrees can go get a gun and live in a favela.

Dont get me wrong i still think guns have there place and licenses etc should be accesable... bren10man as much as you sulk about it, i am positive that your stay in korea hasn't been that bad.

(it a shame in a way that sem-automatic rifles are illegal in australia.. i would really like to invest in one to kill feral cats when crossing the nullabor)

No the stay is not that bad.  But, I miss doing things in the USA that I am not allowed to do here.

BTW: you can thank your bans in Australia to your .gov that banned practically everything after that lunatic went on the beach and murdered all those folks on the beach in 1996.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 07:28:57 AM
whats the population density?

Population density has nothing to do with it.

The big cities are full of thugs, and gun bans.  Translation: you cannot defend yourself.  Down South where I am from, no gun control.  Less crime.  Thuggie knows if he "home invades" a house, chances are, he is a dead thuggie.  In the UK, after the gun bans passed in response to Dunblane, Scotland massacre, violent crime went up over 50% the first year of the bans.  In fact, you cannot even defend yourself in the UK or YOU will be sued or charges brought upon you.

MOLON LABE!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:28 PM
OOooo a political discussion, this will be sure to end well I am sure.

As always, peoples opinions will vary hugely to such topics so keep it civil folks.
I'm back!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 12:26:16 PM
Ohhh.... Look at the dancing bananas:  :o :o

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 01:05:56 PM
Talking of politics and banana  :D

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 06:02:17 PM
I'm wearing a leopard print banana hammock...

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 12:03:14 AM
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56