Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Piranha

Nikos · 69 · 10227

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Piranha
Reply #60 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:06 PM
Originally I had little to no interest about this tool, but with everyone going back and forth on them they are starting to pique my curiosity.  Of course I'm not going to wait in line for one.  If/when they become readily available I'll consider getting one, or if anyone here wants rid of theirs I'll look at it.  I don't like paying for something I may see in 4-6 weeks.

Def

Grant, let me see how I like mine first come next weekend, and then I'll contact you; it's one of the original S30V versions, not the current 154CM stocks; err, do you want SAE or Metric, though? :/

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 11:50:28 PM
I'm not picky.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:29 AM
I can check and see if it will fit a leather charge sheath if you folks want, it's definitely bigger than a Funnybone. So far the wrench has let me down (and it's the only thing to let me down so far), not having such a large assortment of sizes like the Funnybone it tends to give me frustration. I was at the mall with Christina in Albany, GA for her doctors appointment and I notices the brake lever is stiff and I wanted to loosen it up some. None of the 5 wrench sizes fit, come to find out it was a metric sized nut. I get home and break out the Funnybone and viola perfect fit, why oh why could they not include a vast array of sizes in this thing. Grant, wait time is not as much as they say, I got mine at a moments notice so to speak  ;)

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:26 AM
I can check and see if it will fit a leather charge sheath if you folks want, it's definitely bigger than a Funnybone. So far the wrench has let me down (and it's the only thing to let me down so far), not having such a large assortment of sizes like the Funnybone it tends to give me frustration. I was at the mall with Christina in Albany, GA for her doctors appointment and I notices the brake lever is stiff and I wanted to loosen it up some. None of the 5 wrench sizes fit, come to find out it was a metric sized nut. I get home and break out the Funnybone and viola perfect fit, why oh why could they not include a vast array of sizes in this thing. Grant, wait time is not as much as they say, I got mine at a moments notice so to speak  ;)

[youtube] [/youtube]
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 02:45:27 PM
Hmmm same but different, he reminds me of the Jerky Boys....sort of, but really weird.

Offline ratslash7

Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 04:24:20 PM
I like that it's a nice big tool. Big enough to really do some work.

I wonder how it would fit in the back (or front if nylon) pocket of a Surge or Charge sheath? It seems like it would make a good partner to a pliers base multi.

Considering that would mean a duplication of drivers, an Atwood FunnyBone may be a better option.  :tu:

The drivers don't bother me so much as I'd imagine there are plenty of 1/4" drive bits I could fill the slot with.

Wrenching and prying are 2 things that this tool can do and the Surge/Charge can't (not very well anyhow).

I'm disapointed to hear that it only fits standard hex nuts though. I deal with metric about as much as standard.

A cool tool just the same.

A

Offline Precise

• I can haz multitoolz nowz?
Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 03:01:27 PM
I just got an email response back from them. I had asked about them making a piranha that has both sae and metric wrenches.

Hi Precise,

Thanks for your inquiry and kind words -- we actually do have a Piranha that will be combo coming out later this month that will be called the PiranhaX.  It will be combo and have some sort of DLC type coating. 

Best Regards,
Justin
PocketToolX

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 12:36:17 AM
Sweet, I stand corrected.....Way to go MK7, I look forward to it.  :D

Offline bquinlan

Reply #68 on: March 13, 2010, 08:06:08 AM
Thanks for your inquiry and kind words -- we actually do have a Piranha that will be combo coming out later this month that will be called the PiranhaX.  It will be combo and have some sort of DLC type coating. 

That is great news!  I saw the picture of their new releases and thought the dual-standard Piranha must have been dropped.

--Bob Q

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD