Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bear & Son Comparison Pictures?

00 Offline 1jump2many

Re: Bear & Son Comparison Pictures?
Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 03:15:06 PM
It's not a full size tool but the Micra doesn't have a spring.   :think:  There may be nothing wrong with the Bear & Son Gardener or Shears but I just have this thing with those exposed springs.  They remind me of those cheap Chinese MT's you see for $10.  I saw one at Bass Pro Shops yesterday and they were calling it a Tackle Box Tool or Fishing Tool, something along those lines.  They are cheap junk.

I think I know the one you are talking about, and it is indeed crap. :P  But happily, the Bear models are anything but. If you need a big solid set of shears, they won't let you down. :tu:

Oh, and the Micra does indeed have springs. :) They are the cleverest ones ever, (little levers that push off the backsprings) but springs nonetheless. They're just not exposed like the Bear spring is.

Too bad there are no bigger models, like a Juice-sized scissor tool, that use the Micra style spring method. :( Wouldn't that be cool?

Yeah, I know the Micra technically has a spring but the spring type I have in mind are the type that look like a slinky.  I trust your opinion and will have to check out one of the Bear & Son models.  My next Bear & Son is going to be the Super Bear Jaws (156L). 

I have to lay low until after Christmas because my wife and I agreed to limit our gift spending on each other this year.  It would be in poor taste if while we are doing that, in the meantime I'm buying things I could have had her get me for Christmas.  The holidays are slowing down my MT fix.  :D

I think a pocket sized scissor tool with the backspring technology the Micra has would be a good idea.  I love the scissors on the Micra, they are strong, accurate and easy to use.

[

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 03:24:17 PM
Have you tried a squirt yet?
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 06:42:25 PM

I've got a P4 and an E4 but not an S4.  I like the Micra so why bother with the S4.  :think:
[

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 02:56:13 AM

I've got a P4 and an E4 but not an S4.  I like the Micra so why bother with the S4.  :think:

I actually like the Micra better than the S4.
(

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 03:46:58 PM

I actually like the Micra better than the S4.

Yeah, there is something about the stainless steel simplicity of the Micra that I like.  That is why I've never bought the S4.  I may eventually get around to buying an S4 one day just for collection purposes but I'm in no hurry.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 03:48:20 PM
The S4's biggest "improvement" over the Micra is the outside opening blades. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:52 PM
The S4's biggest "improvement" over the Micra is the outside opening blades. :)

I would say the scissors are as the outside opening tools aren't nearly as nice as the Micras(tweezers being a possible exception.)
(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD