Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Latest toy.....new wrist watch!

2xTap · 32 · 4254

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Latest toy.....new wrist watch!
on: December 05, 2009, 06:18:40 PM
Watches have never really been my thing. For decades I have just got inexpensive Timex pieces, they work and last. It's all I needed. But in the past few years I have been wanting nicer watches and have picked up a bit of a itch for diver style time pieces. I did some hunting around but not being in anyway informed or knowledgeable on such I stuck to what I did know and got another Timex. A nicer and more expensive one with a Chronograph and all that......

Not long after this one I came across a deal on a real nice Maratac AQC that I really wanted and snagged it up.....

These two have been part of my EDC since, I usually rotate them every other day. Both have been reliable timepieces thus far. But I wanted something bigger and nicer. And my urge to get a Diver grabbed hold once again. I spent sometime on a few watch forums, did alot of shopping around, read tons of reviews, really tried to educate myself before I took the plunge into a more expensive timepiece. And when I say more expensive timepiece I mean one costing a bit more than what I currently own but still relatively inexpensive. And one that is of a style I like and of good quality. There will never be a Rolex, Omega, or Sinn on my wrist......no watch is worth that kind of coin in my view. But I did look at Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Alpha, Invicta, Android, Fossil, Swiss Legend, Wenger, Victorinox, and many others. I didn't want to spend $180.00 to $200.00 on a watch I might end up not wearing and was looking for a Diver I liked that was a bit more inexpensive........I wanted to get a cheaper version to try out and wear before I stepped up to something a bit pricier.

A sale on a few Invicta's came my way, one looked real good and was the style I had been wanting.....and the price was right. So I ordered it. And it came in a few days ago and thus far I am impressed.......

It's a Invicta 6335 Series Pro Diver. All stainless construction sporting a green dial, unidirectional bezel, swiss quartz movement, GMT feature and date display, luminous hands and markers, all the good stuff. It's case is 47mm in diameter with a 15mm thickness and a 22mm band width. It's pretty much what I have been looing for and at a price I couldn't beat.

So far I am impressed with it, quality seems real good and the fit and finish of the watch appears impeccable. Even the packaging of the watch is first rate.......

And the watch is a bit bigger and much heavier than I thought it would be......which I really like. It's a tank. Although even with the micro-adjustment of the clasp set all the way back the band is still a bit too loose for me. And as I don't have the tools to adjust the band I have to take it to a jeweler to get a link taken out for a better fit. As soon as I get it fitted to my wrist it will be a daily companion.

Now I've read alot on Invicta and have heard both good and bad about them, only time and wear will tell which I have but I gotta say that initially I am impressed with this one. And now even more I am really wanting a nice automatic.......and I feel another addiction taking hold!  :ahhh

2xTap  :2tu:

Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Latest toy.....new wrist watch!
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:20:47 PM
Nice line up.  :tu:

I too hope to get a nice auto at some point (have one but sadly it's unreliable), but the issue I have is my exceptionally skinny wrists.
I'm back!!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:51:55 PM
Nice  :drool: believe it or not,I don't care!  :P but my first nice watch was a Rolex oyster date adjust,it came with a scratch  :ahhh I exchanged it for a tag heuer 6000 series in SS,anyway that failed  >:( it must be me so I don't wear a watch any more,all of  that said I'm really looking again at a orange monster WHY? I cant answer that  :think:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:05:54 PM
Monsters good, that's why.
You NEED a Monster, everyone does  :D

Nice watches 2xT - you can't go too far wrong with solid low cost models like those  :tu:

I've just been looking at the new Seiko 5 Sports models which have a "monster" look about the bezel but are in different colours. I think I'm falling for this one:

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:33 PM
 :o

Freakishly I have 2 links on my tool bar with those on as I was checking out the same thing.  :D  Good price too.
I'm back!!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:01 PM
They sat idiots seldom differ  ;)

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:13:32 PM
Ben freak out geez! buy what you like,I do   :D

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:42:26 PM
I have a few watches a Wenger and Hamilton both are Swiss made. I'll put up pics later.
(

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 03:07:31 AM
Benner,

Thanks. Funny thing is that in my case it has been at times just the opposite of yours. I don't think my wrists are all that big but I have come across watches that had bands that would not fit my wrists. Luckily most companies now supply their watches with bands that fit up to wrist sizes of 9.5" which gives me a little room to work with.

John,

I'm wanting a Orange Monster as well. I have heard nothing but good things about this watch and it's movement.

nuphoria,

I have looked at some of the Seiko 5 models but have not seen the one you posted, good looking piece.

american lockpicker,

Would enjoy seeing them. Several models from Wenger have caught my eye but they all have been out of my price range.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 03:36:01 AM
Speaking of automatics, looks like I'll be getting that want fixed soon. Just came across another deal on a Invicta. This one is also from their Pro Diver Series but a Auto with a Japanese movement.

eWatches.com has these currently running on their "OneHourWatch" deal section for $68.23 with free shipping, couldn't help myself and snagged me one............

Invicta 9110 Pro Diver:

2xTap  :2tu:

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:20 AM

american lockpicker,

Would enjoy seeing them. Several models from Wenger have caught my eye but they all have been out of my price range.

2xTap

If you look at TJ Maxx or Sams Club they are quite affordable at $45.99-199.99.
(

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 10:08:29 AM
If I ever get by one of those places I'll have to take a look.

Well, I managed to get myself another automatic. Came across a coupon code for 50% off and free shipping at Orient Watch USA, so I ordered a Blue Mako......

I really need to stop!  :D

2xTap

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 05:07:57 PM
Nice new ones you have there... quite fancied a Mako myself. What I really want is something along the Monster lines in red - can't afford a red monster of course - but having trouble finding something.

It is horribly addictive, my problem is mostly under control these days though  :ahhh
I am going to have to sell a couple which I'm just not wearing any more.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 06:20:32 PM
What I really want is something along the Monster lines in red - can't afford a red monster of course - but having trouble finding something.

Maybe something like this is what you are looking for..........

2xTap

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 08:35:04 PM
Oh cr*p, you just cost me some money :D

Anyone wanna buy a Seiko SKX007J with Z22, Jubilee and a nice new black/orange leather strap which I will now have to sell?  :pok:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:04:29 PM
Yes I want to buy, just don't have the funds.  Does that count at all?  :D
I'm back!!

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:16 AM
 I like that white Watch !!!!
 Years ago I had a seiko Tuna ! that was my BEST watch....other than that I only can buy
 cheap casio watchs....I wish I could get my tuna back....
 I've been looking on Ebay for a used one but is too much $$$$ for me ...
 I would be ok If I could get a citizen windsurfing ( that model from the 80's )
 I guess I will stop by at wallmart and get another casio....life sucks

Congrats on you collection !
M.TEX

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 01:35:06 AM
nuphoria,

That watch I posted for you is a Invicta 4663, and they ain't expensive at all. A few places here Stateside have them in the $60.00 to $80.00 range. And they are actually a bit bigger than the Seiko Monster......I was eyeing one of these myself before I snagged the Invicta Pro Diver. I like red dials as well.  :tu:

M.TEX,

Them Tuna's are a beast of a watch, that's another I wouldn't mind having myself.

2xTap

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 03:47:09 AM
 :climber:looks like I'm not the only one with an itch for a newer nicer watch... sanata is delivering a suunto core extreme red edition tomorrow but I have to wait till friggin christmas to open it!!!!
'

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 03:03:10 PM
nuphoria,

That watch I posted for you is a Invicta 4663, and they ain't expensive at all. A few places here Stateside have them in the $60.00 to $80.00 range. And they are actually a bit bigger than the Seiko Monster......I was eyeing one of these myself before I snagged the Invicta Pro Diver. I like red dials as well.  :tu:

M.TEX,

Them Tuna's are a beast of a watch, that's another I wouldn't mind having myself.

2xTap

I managed to find it with my google fu thanks, but it's actually a little too big for my girly wrists! I think I have about a 42mm limits before I am unable to lift my arm :D

It's a shame as it's a really nice looking watch  :-\

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 12:50:05 AM
ecfiffer,

I am familiar with the brand but not the specific watch you mentioned, I had to go look it up. That's not a watch......it's a wrist-computer!  :D

Nuphoria,

I've come across a ton of red dial watches in all kinds of configurations and sizes, you'll find one your size.

2xTap

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 03:29:58 AM
You have no idea just how nice that green faceplated watch looks; I literally went wow when I saw it, which is an accomplishment when it comes to me and watches; with that said, I'm trying to find a picture of a watch I think I saw on here, but have no idea what it was called. XD

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 11:00:43 AM
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 04:25:07 PM
You have no idea just how nice that green faceplated watch looks; I literally went wow when I saw it, which is an accomplishment when it comes to me and watches; with that said, I'm trying to find a picture of a watch I think I saw on here, but have no idea what it was called. XD

Sazabi,

Currently eWatches.com has them for $84.99 if you are interested in one. Look here: http://www.ewatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=74745

I finally got mine sized to fit my wrist, it wears good. They are a real nice watch for the money. I've been eyeing another one of these to get, not sure if I want the red or orange dial version.

Whoey,

There are a few Wengers I really want, but everyone that has caught my eye has been a bit too rich for my blood. Though one of them I have seen pop up occassionally in a price range I could afford, this is one I really want......

2xTap

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 04:11:09 AM
well santa let me open it early...  all i have to say is  :drool: :drool:  that is the sweetest huck of digital love ever!!!  i'm ganna get the black/orange core next yeat...  got to have a couple  ::)
'

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 04:57:09 AM
Looks like I am getting a Victorinox Infantry in the coming week.  Just need to replace the leather band...nothing wrong with it...I just don't like leather bands.  Might get a zulu band from countycomm.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:30 PM
ecfiffer,

Alright bud, let's see it. Where's the eye-candy?  :pok:  :D

Zack,

I hear ya, I can live with them but I am not a big fan of leather bands either. My Timex Expedition Chrono came with leather.....I recently switched it out with a black 2-ring Zulu.

2xTap

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 10:38:42 PM
Thanks for the link, 2xTap, but the last thing I need right now is another watch. :(  I don't wear them, as is (for various reasons, though I need to start again *sigh*), and yeah, thank you though. :)

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:10 PM
Sazabi,

Of course you need another watch. Watches are like Guns, Knives, and Flashlights.......you can never have too many!  ;)

2xTap  :D

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 10:54:42 PM
Haha, I can only think of /maybe/ two additional watches I "need," especially considering all of my other gifted watches are in the $300+ range. @_@

I never did find the picture of that one titanium watch that caught my eye. XD

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD