Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG PowerAssist EOD (Black Oxide)

Vadim · 33 · 7328

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Re: SOG PowerAssist EOD (Black Oxide)
Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 01:48:43 AM
OK,after so many reading I'm stop thinking about SOG,they behind other makers MultiTool,for example Paladin  PT-540,stupid idea,big handles but same size internal tools !Something wrong!!! May be they think good on paper but in real life.......NO. OK, thank you guys for replay. Have a good day! :salute:

us Offline STik

• Have tool, will travel...
Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 03:47:01 PM
OK, I know this is a little late to be responding, but I can't hold my peace on this one.  I have about four Gerbers, two Sogs (not including knives), at least five Leathermans (leathermen?), and no swiss multis.  I've found that my best EDC is my powerassist.  Yes, there are dull spots on both blades from contact, and yes it sacrifices some tool amount, but it has the compound leverage that I love/need, and it's the only tool that solves the much complained about outside opening issue with SOG.  I've found that quality is about the same between LM and SOG.  In point of fact, there's been NO rust on my PL 2.0 or my PA.  What works best for you is going to be different for each individual, but don't hate before holding.  There's a lot to be said for the smoothness, precision and power that SOG gets out of a plier head.  In fact, my EDC triad has gone through a lot of trial and error, but finally arrived at a PA BO, a SOG Trident Tanto, and a Surefire E2DL.  (and a LM Crunch as a third hand  :D)  So far, I'm thrilled with the setup.  If you want to try a PA for less than the $122.00 MSRP, try poorfish on eBay.  I managed to snag one for about $65. 
Okay, rant over.  Do with it what you will.  ;-)
STik
S

Offline Witmen

Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 03:52:36 PM
Very good points STik.

Like I said in one of my posts,  the PowerAssist just doesn't suit my use habits or needs. Which doesn't mean it won't for others. The best option is to always try several different tools. Especially when your talking about picking an EDC tool.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:55:32 PM by Witmen »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD