Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK OUTRIDER CAMO MODEL 55731- Large screwdriver is non-locking?

Offline barry54

Hi guys    I just ordered a victorinox outrider camo version model 55731 from amazon  , now I don't know what I will get! I just noticed on youtube  that the red version with the corkscrew has some kind of button on the back. smartknives.com and other sites don't say  if this 111m  has a locking main screwdriver or not. I can not find a picture of the back of this model. I thought I was getting a trekker with and extra scissors  and small philips screwdriver . Maybe I should just cancel the order.Does anybody know about this knife?                 

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: SAK OUTRIDER CAMO MODEL 55731- Large screwdriver is non-locking?
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 03:09:32 AM
The Outrider, IIRC, is a sidelock 111mm, therefore the bottle opener won't lock.  With the linerlocks, such as the Trekker, both the main blade and bottle opener lock (and firmly, I might add <3).

With that said, you could always go with a Forester or a Trekker (OH or not for the big T), depending on if you want corkscrew or Phillips.  Either way, though, you could always get a Classic SD or Rambler to satisfy your scissor needs. :)

Offline barry54

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:40:26 AM
Thanks Sazabi.   If it is a sidelock I will cancel  the order. I'm still searching for that. The camo version is somewhat different model . It has a screwdriver instead of a corkscrew I may have to call amazon-if they even know!

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:54:46 AM
Thanks Sazabi.   If it is a sidelock I will cancel  the order. I'm still searching for that. The camo version is somewhat different model . It has a screwdriver instead of a corkscrew I may have to call amazon-if they even know!

You've noticed that, too, huh?  Yeah, I've seen conflicting pictures on the Outrider, myself. :/

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 05:07:46 AM
Yeah camo has phillips and red has corkscrew, even thou they have the same name.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 05:10:10 AM
The Outrider is worth having anyway. The scissors is a rare tool on a 111mm knife and the long reach Phillips Screwdriver is very useful.

Offline barry54

Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:00:12 AM
I Called amazon. The order was already sent to shipping and could not be canceled. So...... I ordered the trekker with a straight main blade, black, camo not available in that model . I may end up with two knives instead of one. I think that part of the victorinox marketing plan from the beginning. Oh well..... I like sak knives. I have a of couple of blue farmer models and they are very nice . The amazon rep said I could return them for the cost of shipping if not happy.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 01:02:48 AM
Updated Wiki. I didn't know there was an Outrider with a Phillips.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 01:49:28 AM
I Called amazon. The order was already sent to shipping and could not be canceled. So...... I ordered the trekker with a straight main blade, black, camo not available in that model . I may end up with two knives instead of one. I think that part of the victorinox marketing plan from the beginning. Oh well..... I like sak knives. I have a of couple of blue farmer models and they are very nice . The amazon rep said I could return them for the cost of shipping if not happy.

Don't worry about that.

I'm sure you'll want to keep both anyway.

And a few more later down the road. XD
Got those frog legs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24