Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstools the different models

Dunc · 212 · 106856

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Re: Swisstools the different models
Reply #150 on: February 21, 2011, 11:58:41 AM
May I ask LightFR & SLT.AMBEMC do you guys know if the French armies Swisstools have any markings on them to signify military issue  :think: :think:.

The Australian Defense forces have used Swisstools for some time & they have a NATO marking on them (Australia is not part of NATO  ??? ??? ??? :D)

Some pics of the Aussie issue Swisstool markings/military ID

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #151 on: February 21, 2011, 12:43:42 PM
Good question Matthe   :tu: , I did a little digging (  ;) ) lastnight and I can confirm fifth and sixth numbers ( 25 ) are to signifey Norway was the first country to register this tool as Military/Nato issue .

http://stampedout.net/odds-007-ncb.html

What this means is that any country which adopts the tool from then on it will still carry the number of the original country .Hence the codes on the Australian Swisstool . While Australia isn't part of NATO it is a supporting country and has its own code which is 66.

But the new French ones have a Cap Crimper plier head  :think: does that mean if it has got a number stamped on it will it be that same as the other Swisstoolls ?

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #152 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:47 PM
Thanks for that Dunc  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. Great investigative work mate , I did some digging but just got the NATO thing.

It did bother me that I thought the Diggers had been branded for NATO & not Oz  :ahhh :D :D :D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #153 on: February 21, 2011, 01:29:15 PM
From what I know some years back the Australian Military were looking for a Multitool and held trials , Vic submitted the Std Swisstool and I know LM put up the Supertool 200 but I don't know what other ( if any ) were also in the trial .The Swisstool was choosen  :D It does seem a very popular choice among Armies . They must of read my review  :rofl:

fr Offline LightFR

Reply #154 on: February 21, 2011, 08:08:18 PM
Hello MultiMat,
We just know that the order was placed by the French Army, I haven't saw one yet.
As france is part of the NATO It is highly possible that they will get an number. It is also highly possible that they get "Armée Française" on it !
Daily Victorinox SwissTool user

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #155 on: February 22, 2011, 03:17:36 AM
From what I know some years back the Australian Military were looking for a Multitool and held trials , Vic submitted the Std Swisstool and I know LM put up the Supertool 200 but I don't know what other ( if any ) were also in the trial .The Swisstool was choosen  :D It does seem a very popular choice among Armies . They must of read my review  :rofl:

::) ::) ::) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #156 on: February 22, 2011, 08:53:27 AM
Hello MultiMat,
We just know that the order was placed by the French Army, I haven't saw one yet.
As france is part of the NATO It is highly possible that they will get an number. It is also highly possible that they get "Armée Française" on it !

Thanks mate  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

Time to get friendly with some one in the Army mate  :pok: :pok: :P :D :D :D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #157 on: February 23, 2011, 02:45:28 PM
I've just asked on the Vic Facebook page if the Norwegian issue St carraries the same numbers as the Aussie one .

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #158 on: February 23, 2011, 02:46:09 PM
I would very much like a cap crimper model  :drool:

spam Offline SLT.AMBEMC

Reply #159 on: February 23, 2011, 10:45:45 PM
Re military markings, based on the equipment I was issued with during my service, it is likely the Swisstool will have some specific code/marking, an inventory number at the very least (to avoid them bein nicked) and probably no brand. I think I have a pic of the Swisstool in a French knife mag and that it had the Felin logo stamped on it (a kind of tiger or puma). I'll have a look.
LM Kick, Swisstool, Paul Chen Multitasker, and many unbranded ones

spam Offline SLT.AMBEMC

Reply #160 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:31 AM
I managed to find this: jackgers.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-000-swiss-tool-for-french-army.html
The picture is not very good but you can guess that there is actually the Victorinox markings (stamped) on one handle and on the other handle the Felin logo. Cannot see a C4 punch but the plier head is shaped as a crimper.
LM Kick, Swisstool, Paul Chen Multitasker, and many unbranded ones

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #161 on: February 24, 2011, 01:46:24 PM
I managed to find this: jackgers.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-000-swiss-tool-for-french-army.html
The picture is not very good but you can guess that there is actually the Victorinox markings (stamped) on one handle and on the other handle the Felin logo. Cannot see a C4 punch but the plier head is shaped as a crimper.

30 000 Swisstools  :o  thats more then Chako has  :D

I don't think it has a dedicated C4 punch . It looks like a Standard Swisstool but with a Cap Crimper plier head .

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #162 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38:40 AM
HI

I have some information on the Black oxide what it is, and yes from  :)Victorinox, i have a few tools now and the latest was a used SwissTool Black Oxide 3.0323.3. (standard functions)

B.oxide:

Bluing (black oxide or blackening) is a passivation process and is named after the blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish. It is used to add mild corrosion resistance and for appearance. One of its advantages over other coatings is its minimal buildup. Bluing, being a chemical conversion coating, is not as robust against wear as plated coatings, and is typically no thicker than 2.5 micrometres (0.0001 inches). The Victorinox blackening process is appropriate for stainless and high alloy steel.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:40:59 AM by North Man »
Get more tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #163 on: April 17, 2011, 06:11:01 PM
NM, Nice, but there is not much mystery in the BO finish;  However; can you get them to spill the beans (or give just a little more info) on the coating/plating/material-transform used on the Spirit RT?

Thanks for getting us info and comments from Victorinox, on all sorts of topics.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #164 on: May 07, 2011, 06:07:50 PM
Something a little different; a Black Bit-Kit.  Included with a BMW Motorcycles branded SwissTool - X kit.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #165 on: May 07, 2011, 07:11:21 PM
Speaking of black Swisstools and motorcycles, another variation is this Aprilia Black Iron 23 tool 8)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #166 on: October 13, 2011, 07:17:17 AM
I wish Vic would make a version of the Spirit with a plain edge pen knife blade, wood saw, scissors and the belt cutter from the SwissTool.  Basically the Spirit X with the metal file replaced with the belt cutter. :tu:  I own a SwissTool and a SwissTool RS.  I like the RS much better.
[

ua Offline Gott

Reply #167 on: February 02, 2012, 07:26:58 PM
I really like the tools in black finish casing! SwissTool especially looks good in black. :tu:
But I think that in every multitools must be present scissors. This is a very important option, in my opinion.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #168 on: February 02, 2012, 08:26:18 PM
Yes the black ones are very cool. The black bit holder looks better than the red one too!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #169 on: May 18, 2012, 02:40:20 PM
What is the different models of the spirit ??

us Offline applevalleyjoe

Reply #170 on: July 01, 2012, 08:16:13 AM
So how about the black swiss tool?    Did it come in all those configurations or just one??

I would also like to know?

us Offline applevalleyjoe

Reply #171 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:19 AM
Whats a good price for a "Standard" and where can I get one...not a fan of scissors.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #172 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:50 AM
So how about the black swiss tool?    Did it come in all those configurations or just one??

I would also like to know?

I've only ever seen the Std models in BO and the std with cap crimper , I wonder if they done any others

Offline ByNa

• New User
Reply #173 on: August 11, 2012, 01:47:41 AM
I have got my first SwissTool (4.0883.L). I am very happy with it. But two things are bugging me. First, it‘s plier head has no markings on it, so it is not similar to any of these examples. I almost started thinking that I have a fake. But then I found that one member has the same looking one (so either we both have fakes, or we both don’t). Second, ruler numbers on one side look bold, and on another side look normal. I took a few images, I hope you can see the difference.
So two questions: is it fake and is it normal to have a different type of numbers used on the ruler?
1.jpg
* 1.jpg (Filesize: 165.87 KB)
2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 172.49 KB)
3.jpg
* 3.jpg (Filesize: 273.71 KB)

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #174 on: August 11, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Its not a Fake , Vic have recently moved the logos about on the Spirit model and stopped putting their shield on the plier head so looks like they've done the same on the Swisstool.

while its not on every model  I have seen it on more then one occasion to have fainter numbers on one handle then the other. As long as you can read them ok then you'll be fine  :tu: 

us Offline Grail Knight

• Who Dares Wins!
Reply #175 on: September 02, 2012, 01:13:06 AM
......Vic have recently moved the logos about on the Spirit model and stopped putting their shield on the plier head so looks like they've done the same on the Swisstool.....

I just received a new SwissTool Spirit X today and the plier head does not have any emblem stamping.
The handles do have an excellent name stamp and Vic symbol on both handles.

Offline kore

Reply #176 on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:57 AM
Omg! The truth was as simple as that!
Thanks for sharing this info...
Now i'm thinking of getting a standard  :facepalm:

Offline Wilson_88

Reply #177 on: April 19, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
Didn't think it would warrant its own thread so i'm bumping this one :

I just got my first Swisstool (CS Plus with ratchet & leather sheath) and I have a few questions...

- I bought it brand new last week, but the box says 2011 (no date on the tool itself though). I'm pretty sure it means it's been on the store shelf since then, but I was just wondering if some of you have 2012 or 2013 boxes?

- With that in mind, are there any changes made to the 2012/2013 models? Since i've just bought it, it'd be a shame to miss out on new stuff.

- I was suprised to see that it doesn't have the red and white "Victorinox" stamp on it, but after a quick search it seems the newer ones are all like this. Does anyone know when they lost the logo?

Any help much appreciated :)

id Offline Melvin Sjardinal

Reply #178 on: June 28, 2013, 11:56:21 AM
Swiss Tool with Blasting Cap Crimper
ST Black MTO.jpg
* ST Black MTO.jpg (Filesize: 53.91 KB)

us Offline tgbrendaj

• Retired, but not tired
Reply #179 on: September 26, 2013, 08:58:18 AM
Does anyone have a Victorinox catalog pic of the 1998 Victorinox SwissTool X set which also included screwdriver bits, the "L" shaped bit drive bar, and nylon case that holds all?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%