Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstools the different models

Dunc · 212 · 106521

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: Swisstools the different models
Reply #210 on: February 07, 2018, 01:45:01 AM
Pic announced in previous post(Image removed from quote.)

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk
Wish I could find one of these horizontal sheaths.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Re: Swisstools the different models
Reply #211 on: May 30, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
Only just saw this reply, sorry. :-[

These sheaths appear to be very rare indeed, to the extent that Vic NA reportedly deny they ever existed :rofl:

I can think of one reason why they were discontinued relatively soon after introduction of the tools - there is no separate belt loop and your belt just passes through two vertical slits in the outer layer of leather at the back, which is not excessively thick. The tools are then just separated from the belt by an inner liner.

Whilst the belt slits are rounded off, I can imagine that any undue effort will simply let the belt cut into the leather and damage it, with possible loss of the tool as an extreme result. This applies in particular to the version with the added bit set, which sits just inside (towards the belt) from the tool proper and almost doubles total bulk. I tend to avoid carrying the sheaths on my belt too often, for that reason amongst others.

However, they do very occasionally pop up. One, with tool, is here: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Victorinox-Multitool-Swisstool-mit-Bits-und-Tasche-gebraucht/123160774907?hash=item1cacf448fb:g:z-sAAOSw48dbDOms (dispatch in Germany only; I have no association with this seller whatsoever).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:46:01 PM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24