Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How much (ugh) snow have you got?

J-sews · 265 · 13638

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: How much (ugh) snow have you got?
Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 05:42:12 PM
I never had a snow day in Manitoba either.  There were times when we had to dig out the house, but there was less than an inch of snow on the driveway because the wind drifted it all against the house and garage!  Made for great insulation!

Of course, the school was all of about 200 yards from my house, which probably had a lot to do with why I never had a snow day there!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 06:03:02 PM
Love it... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :D

I love the snow also!

I have had to walk to school my entire life... Never once had a snowday :o

Didn't matter if it was 2 feet of snow on the streets, or -50 before the windchill!!

Same here dude.

We have gotten very little snow this winter, snowed for a day and then it started to rain the next day and it all disappeared. It has now started snowing again and the weather people are saying that it will continue to do so for a while, I just love the snow.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 06:40:36 PM
Still no snow here yet :cry:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 06:55:13 AM
Seeing as I am no longer in beautiful British Columbia... and now in WinterPeg... It is - 30 something stupid C and there is almost no snow :ahhh
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:59 AM
-30 C?!?  :o That is cold man! I like snow when I'm skiing for a week or so but then I'm done with it.

That global warming thing everybody is talking about does not seem to effect where I'm living. No palm trees here yet  :cry: But I'll do my best to produce as much Co2 as I can, I want my palm trees  :D

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:39 PM
No snow here but 35*C+ sure is...
[

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 05:08:36 PM
Friday night I get to fly up to LOVELY northern Manitoba (Thompson, in case anyone is wondering ;)) And hang out in the awesome -50C weather they have been having this week. And I still think that that is warmer than the -30 we can get down to in BC.

-30 C?!?  :o That is cold man! I like snow when I'm skiing for a week or so but then I'm done with it.

That global warming thing everybody is talking about does not seem to effect where I'm living. No palm trees here yet  :cry: But I'll do my best to produce as much Co2 as I can, I want my palm trees  :D
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 05:16:56 PM
s n o w? :think:
A

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 05:25:45 PM
Friday night I get to fly up to LOVELY northern Manitoba (Thompson, in case anyone is wondering ;)) And hang out in the awesome -50C weather they have been having this week. And I still think that that is warmer than the -30 we can get down to in BC.

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

But, but, but....I want palm trees  :cry:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 05:35:07 PM
-30C is just the beginning- Winnipeg will get down to -40 or -45 by the end of January.  Then February gets cold.....  :ahhh

I grew up just outside of Winnipeg, in Portage La Prairie.  Winters there were cold, but preferable to the slushy wetness we get here.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:43 PM
-30C is just the beginning- Winnipeg will get down to -40 or -45 by the end of January.  Then February gets cold.....  :ahhh

I grew up just outside of Winnipeg, in Portage La Prairie.  Winters there were cold, but preferable to the slushy wetness we get here.

Def
Well Portage is nothing compared to Thompson Def. You might get a bit more wind than we do, but we get to -60! And I like it :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 07:11:52 PM
Actually do have snow now, so expect our country to come to a grinding haul real soon.  :D
I'm back!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:08 PM
Lots of snow here too...  :P :P
I want summer and hiigh degrees...  >:(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 02:36:01 AM
Actually do have snow now, so expect our country to come to a grinding haul real soon.  :D

My wife has just flown up from Stansted and apparently it was falling heavily there.  She was quite glad to get up North where it's nice and warm ATM. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline P35

Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 02:43:41 AM
none,  thank God,50 degrees F today

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 02:55:11 AM

It's some white stuff that comes from the sky every now and again........Don't know how makes the stuff but I guess it has been outsourced to China since the quality have gotten wors over the years and dosen't last that long as it used to.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 07:25:38 AM

It's some white stuff that comes from the sky every now and again........Don't know how makes the stuff but I guess it has been outsourced to China since the quality have gotten wors over the years and dosen't last that long as it used to.
:rofl: :rofl:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 09:45:42 AM
We got a light dusting yesterday, while there's little left on the ground, the trees still have about a 1/4 inch covering them this morning.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 12:30:40 PM
Well it's just started here, not enough to cover anything up yet (I can still see the grass sticking through) but enough to give everything a light dusting.  my daughter is particularly happy. :D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:19 PM
We had a tiny sprinkle too for about 10min but nothing settled as the sun is extremely shiny today :)

I see the bookies dropped the white xmas odds to 2-1 yesterday.... chickens!
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:25 PM
It's all gone again today.  :(
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 02:00:13 PM

Def
Well Portage is nothing compared to Thompson Def. You might get a bit more wind than we do, but we get to -60! And I like it :D

I've never been to Thompson, but really, past -40 it's all pretty well the same in my experience.  Once you get cold enough, you need to be completely insulated from it or you are screwed.  Plus the nice thing about things being that cold is there's no humidity, which I personally find much more manageable than the really wet -10 we get here.

With the wind chill btw, it's about -20 here today.  -13 without.

Def

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
-19 right now, -29 with wind, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Going ski this weekend, heading out to salvation army later today to buy a used iron to wax my skis.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 02:47:20 PM

Def

I've never been to Thompson, but really, past -40 it's all pretty well the same in my experience.  Once you get cold enough, you need to be completely insulated from it or you are screwed.  Plus the nice thing about things being that cold is there's no humidity, which I personally find much more manageable than the really wet -10 we get here.

With the wind chill btw, it's about -20 here today.  -13 without.

Def

I know exactly what you mean.  I like to get out in the hills for a few nights camping every winter and have met several Europeans who can't believe how cold they feel even though it's maybe only -5C.  The problem being that if you are used to hiking in the Alps or wherever the air temp is much lower but also totally dry, whereas here you are inevitably also slightly damp.  It just sucks all the warmth out of you. :-\

Offline P35

Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 09:44:58 PM
56 F today, no snow ..........

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 11:53:48 PM
Got about 2" now...
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: December 18, 2009, 03:02:52 AM
Got about 2" now...

Sounds like fun for the kiddies. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 03:09:10 AM
Between tomorrow and Saturday, weather is predicted to bring between four and eight inches of the white stuff. *nods*  I'm happy I already shipped out my packages today. @_@

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: December 18, 2009, 03:12:01 AM
Probably 3+ now.

Yeah I like the snow.  Bit of a prob tonight though as Sue has gone out with her Mum tonight and as she is petrified of driving through a puddle (her Mum not Sue) this snow is making her poodle along so slowly that it has taken them over 3 hours so far to cover a journey which is 40 mins on a good run.  ::)  Muggings here now has to stay up till she gets in (which will easily be another hour) to let her in.
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: December 18, 2009, 03:17:56 AM
Snow definitely has its good and bad points. :-\

Sooooo......anybody got pictures to back up their snow claims? :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%