Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mythbusters

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Mythbusters
Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 04:10:26 AM
DVR?  Dang you guys must be rich!  I'm still working with VHS for recording shows!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 04:17:23 AM
Hehe... I was watching some of the Man vs. Wild today.  I've got my DVR set to record episodes I don't already have, and it's been running quite a bit today :)

I personally like Bear Grylls for his entertainment value and him demonstrating how to get out of different hazards.  I like Les (Survivorman) for his ingenuity.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 12:40:18 PM
I like Les Stroud because he's from Collingwood, which is near where I used to live! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 10:07:48 PM
Kind of late, but I was watching a DVD on my computer, and I took a screenshot with a good view of the Leatherman, I'll try and get it up.
EDIT:

Here we go:

After investigating, Def was right. I thought it was a Wave, someone else said Charge, but the only Charge with bolts like that is the TTi, and its bolts are further in the handle than the Surge and Wave, The one he has, has bolts that touch the ends of the handle. The Wave doesn't do this, but the Surge does. Am I right?

EDIT 2: I just finished the first edit, but I realised that the opposite side of the blade looks like a file, where on the Surge, it would only show smooth steel even if the file was in. I can't tell very well though.

EDIT 3: My third edit in about 5 minutes, I just realised that, even if that was a Wave, you would see the saw, not the file, so it has to be a saw or the interchangeable thing on the Surge, it's just blurry.

EDIT 4: I've been watching more and here's a shot of the blade, in case that would help.

After further investigation, I think that my original thought (Wave, I didn't post it) was correct, the first picture gives a bad angle of the bolts.

EDIT 5: I'm going to stop using numbers now....
I've gotten addicted to getting every possible shot of the Leatherman possible, and I'm now 99.9% sure that it is a Wave, probably New-Style, when did the new style come out?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:41:54 AM by Viper »
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 02:17:05 AM
I believe the new Wave came out in 2004.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 02:38:44 AM
It's tough to be certain, but I believe that is an original Wave shown. In your second photo, the thumb slot in the knife blade appears to look more like a straight oval like the original had.

In your third photo, the plier pivot area is "round" like the original, whereas the New Wave has an oval-shaped plier pivot for more strength.

* Mythbustersleathermanblade.jpg (Filesize: 29.25 KB)

* MythSpoon.jpg (Filesize: 36.97 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 02:40:48 AM
Here's a side-by-side of the old Wave and the new Wave.

(By the way Viper, thanks for the screenshots!) 

* Waves.jpg (Filesize: 54.98 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 02:44:10 AM
I would agree with you there- the plier head gives it away.

Def

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 06:06:58 AM
Aw shucks, if I'd have known the old Wave had good scissors, I would have hopped on the chance to get one for 70 bucks.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 02:18:09 PM
I love the scissors on the old Wave.  I was first introduced to that design with the PST and thought it was fantastic.

$70 does seem a little steep for one though.

Def

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 03:29:23 PM
Better than cutting myself on the New Wave's scissors!
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD