Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ebay Lot of 25 Multi Tools

AHB · 14 · 566

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Ebay Lot of 25 Multi Tools
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:56:18 PM
That Sideclip looks to be in pretty rough shape, and there are really only four tools there that are "worth" much.  Looks like a PST, Skeletool CX, Sideclip and a Gerber MP400, with the rest being Micras and Squirts.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:01:21 PM
That Sideclip looks to be in pretty rough shape, and there are really only four tools there that are "worth" much.  Looks like a PST, Skeletool CX, Sideclip and a Gerber MP400, with the rest being Micras and Squirts.

Def
With the retail prices we have here, I could make a small fortune on the Micras and Squirts, after a little cleaning...  ;)  :D

Micra 66$ - Squirt 89$  :P
Source: Leatherman.dk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:04:53 PM
 :o

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:08:33 PM
:o

Def
Good reply...  :)
No wonder I picked up a few of Tim's Micras up on EDCsource, huh..  ;) :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:51:29 AM
 :o X 2
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:52:54 AM

Def
With the retail prices we have here, I could make a small fortune on the Micras and Squirts, after a little cleaning...  ;)  :D

Micra 66$ - Squirt 89$  :P
Source: Leatherman.dk

WOW
(

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:11 PM
Those are probably MSRPs... However, street prices are not that much better... Around here, Micras go for like €35-40 ($50-60) and Squirts start from €45 ($65) for a P4... :-\ The basic difference is that all retailers choose to sell at or around MSRP and this seems like the theme throughout Europe.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 06:09:56 PM
Those are probably MSRPs... However, street prices are not that much better... Around here, Micras go for like €35-40 ($50-60) and Squirts start from €45 ($65) for a P4... :-\ The basic difference is that all retailers choose to sell at or around MSRP and this seems like the theme throughout Europe.
Greedy smurfs...  >:( >:(  :twak: :twak:

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 06:47:38 PM
Probably a matter of perception: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (or Recommended Retail Price for the UK band) is a suggestion. These guys seem to take this a bit too seriously... :-\ I don't know if there is any legislation forcing them to obviate from those figures by at most some percentage or anything, but in the end I tend to believe that they just think MSRP/RRP is the "right" retail price...

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:13 PM
Same thing here in Serbia

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:41:00 PM
Probably a matter of perception: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (or Recommended Retail Price for the UK band) is a suggestion. These guys seem to take this a bit too seriously... :-\ I don't know if there is any legislation forcing them to obviate from those figures by at most some percentage or anything, but in the end I tend to believe that they just think MSRP/RRP is the "right" retail price...

Not legislation, but almost certainly sole import agreements. That is the case in the UK at least, where retailers have to agree to sell at the RRP, or the sole importer won't supply them. I have spoken to several retailers who would like to drop their prices, to sell more tools (or even sell ANY tools), but they cannot. It's shocking.

I'd bet money that this is the same for most EU importers, I know that it is in the UK, France and Germany at least.
I used to come here a lot.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 07:48:45 PM
I suspected that's the reason why the prices are that high... And it even makes sense.... Well, not really. :-\ If the sole importer does indeed have a monopoly and they don't negotiate their wholesale price, why not letting retailers sell at whatever price they deem best? ???

As a side note: I bumped into a smoke shop downtown the other day that had a :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh MINI :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh on display. I'm afraid of asking the price though... :-\

Offline Magnus

Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 10:21:14 AM
they do it so no one retailer can get a large market share, who could then leverage that against the importer to get a discount...

in other words, they do it to protect their monopoly...
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD