Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bakoda Tools

Offline supratentorial

Bakoda Tools
on: June 04, 2007, 09:51:17 AM
Some cool snowboard (?) multi-tools: http://www.bakoda.com/?q=bakoda/product_detail/71  They make a half a dozen or so tools but I found these particularly interesting:

U.R.A. Tool

The most versatile tool in our line. The URA, a true pocket friendly tool with more than you need...until you need it.

Features: Durable and lightweight multi-tool * Aluminum and polycarbonate Construction * Stainless steel bit extender * 2-S2 steel bits * Stainless Steel Knife * File * Bottle/Can Opener * Lace Pull/ flathead * Leather Awl * Hex tools #3 & 4 * Ticket clipper * Locking mechanism * Compatible with every binding on Earth * This is a rib friendly tool

Bentley

Our Flagship piece. Flip out ratchet and all the other crucial tools that fold into a cell phone sized device. Designed for the privileged few who care to go above the standard.

Features: Push button, snap open ratchet * 90°/180° bit extension options * Double ended heat treated wrench (10mm/8mm) * 30" Measuring tape * 3-S2 steel bits * Bottle Opener/Lace Tightener * Stainless Steel Knife * Compatible with every binding on Earth * This is a rib friendly tool

McIver (ATTN: Spoonrobot and Defender!)

Bringin' back the tool that gets you out of those dilemmas where everyone has the screw driver but the one that you need. Having the McIver Driver means having them all.

Features: Push button, snap open mechanism * 90°/180° bit extension options * Double ended heat treated wrench (10mm/8mm) * 3-S2 steel bits * Bottle Opener/Lace Tightener * Compatible with every binding on Earth * This is a rib friendly tool

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Bakoda Tools
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:05:36 PM
I don't know beans about snow-boarding,but those are some cool looking tools ! They look like they can have more generalized applications.Anybody here have one to comment on?
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:32 AM
I must confess, I've never even heard of them.  :(

Unique looking designs though.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:01:06 AM
I'm wondering how wide that folding ratchet blade is on the Bentley tool? It looks like it would be some fine mod hardware.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 03:24:08 AM
Anyone spot prices on any of these?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 11:28:40 PM
I have a Bakoda McGiver from a while back.  Picked it up on eBay for around $20 or so.  It seemed like a cool idea but the tools don't seem particularly durable and the spring to open the driver is very weak.  I don't know how their other tools are but I'm leery about picking up a Bentley if the McGiver was any indication of quality. 

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 12:40:10 AM
The durability issue is a shame,because the Bentley looks like it could be a gent's dress multi.
I

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:42 AM
they actually look like they are designed for drugged out hippy snowboarders
Yabba dabba doo!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 03:36:36 AM
Nowadays they seem to be the ones with all the money, so why not? :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 01:17:31 PM
I think the McGiver looks pretty gnarley, dude!  O0

Offline zackhugh

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:57 PM
;D Yeah, actually there is one feature of the McIver that is not often mentioned:

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_110804WABsnowboardtokerSW.3b597905.html

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 05:22:58 AM
they actually look like they are designed for drugged out hippy snowboarders

:police: Hmmm, I'm wondering how you were able to make such an accurate statement Fred?  :police:  Please step aside, we'd like to check your locker.  :police:

Offline damota

Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 07:33:16 AM
;D Yeah, actually there is one feature of the McIver that is not often mentioned:

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_110804WABsnowboardtokerSW.3b597905.html

People like Ms Ylvisaker make me wonder= she thinks??  "There are definitely pieces on it that look exactly like what a marijuana pipe would look like with a screen and a hole to be able to suck through," no proof.
Retorts like that makes me wonder if she is led to think those thoughts through personal experience. She must have really studied its possibility's.
If some are using it for that purpose, they will soon find something else if they are banned, especially if they can legally obtain the proper gear. I thought it was only the UK that was a nanny state?

Dave

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 07:45:43 AM
We need to bust all the apple tree growers around me too!  They've provided me with nice luscious apples to carve into bongs :)

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 12:16:57 PM
If it's one thing I have noticed about your average pothead, it's that they seem to view almost everything as a potential bong!  I have had some friends and acquaintances over the years that were so inclined and that was a popular conversation topic.

Def

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 08:11:10 PM
Apples for bongs..there's a novel approach...get a buzz,and take care of those munchies with one fell swoop.
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 08:35:41 PM
It's funny how potheads will look at things and think they'd make great bongs and plier people look at the same things and just want to make anything out of them!

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 12:18:55 AM
Anybody besides zackhugh already have any of the Bakoda tools? I'm still pondering that Bentley model.   :-\

Offline alex

• New User
Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 04:55:25 PM
I have the McGiver as well.  I've only used it for snowboard-related repairs, but it works well and has the tools you need - plus a fragile tape-measure that only measures up to 18".  But that's okay because most of us snowboarders can't count past 10 without taking off our boots.... especially when we're stoned.  ;)

I haven't encountered Zack's problem with the spring, but it is starting to pick up some rust and the rubber grip is starting to fall off.  Still, if their ratcheting mechanism is any good I'd like to see it modded into a multi-tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%