Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need some help, I need a clock, help?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
I need some help, I need a clock, help?
on: July 11, 2022, 11:32:31 PM
Ok, just like the subject says I need a clock but I just can’t find what I’m after! The Mrs has had the same crappy clock on her side of the bed for idk how many years, she also keeps a ecodot on it so yesterday she ordered one of these two in ones, Amazon had a little thing going and it was originally like $99, but on sale for like $49, yet if you ordered it through your eco you got a little something extra off, so she did and not only did she get it for $32, but it also came the same day!
So I’m kinda jealous, I’ve also had my clock for ages, my thing is I like mine atomic, and I also like to know the temp in the room, the one thing I really like about hers is as you turn the lights off the leds start dimming, I was like :o wow, which is perfect cause my eyes are sensitive, I mean come night time I normally put my extra pillow up so it kinda blocks it so it doesn’t bother me, I really like the Mrs but I don’t need a 2nd eco, plus I want my room temp, unfortunately I just can’t find anything to fit what I’m after, display (time-temp) atomic, and auto dimming? Anyone know of such? Thanks
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Re: I need some help, I need a clock, help?
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 03:39:13 PM
I guess out of so many no one knows anything on clocks?
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 04:40:13 PM
Yeah sorry. I had the old school alarm clock for the longest time then decided to throw it away as it was taking up space. Phone can do pretty much the same thing.
I have been eyeing alarm clock that simulates daylight.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=daylight+simulation+alarm+clock&adgrpid=80882701081&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3MypzMnz-AIVRhitBh2FhgvIEAAYASAAEgK7XfD_BwE&hvadid=378373091921&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9031241&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16947842988080141532&hvtargid=kwd-378340308708&hydadcr=13513_10208776&tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_5g7ubu1iw2_e

Thinking it’s less of a heart attack to wake up from. No matter what gentle chime I use on my phone still feels a bit sudden.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 04:50:43 PM
Interesting, I just don’t need an alarm cause that would be called the Mrs! I just want the time and temp, but I’d like the time pinged off of the tower, heck if they made one just like hers that she just got that also showed the temp, but didn’t talk since theres already one who does on the other side of the bed I’d be happy,
JR

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 05:22:28 PM
I have a Lenovo smart clock in the bedroom and I love it- although it runs Google Assistant and not Alexa, if that is a problem for you.  I don't think it shows the room temp by default, but it works well with my Nest thermostat- there are sensors you can buy and maybe it would show the results of that?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 05:53:07 PM
I have a Lenovo smart clock in the bedroom and I love it- although it runs Google Assistant and not Alexa, if that is a problem for you.  I don't think it shows the room temp by default, but it works well with my Nest thermostat- there are sensors you can buy and maybe it would show the results of that?

Def
So basically it’s the same thing as an Alexa but runs by google? Cause I spotted one which was like perfect, so not atomic but runs via internet? Like an Alexa? Can you tell this is not my high point of knowledge,,
JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 08:54:07 PM
That looks like the same model I have  yes.  And yes, Google Assistant is very much like Alexa, although TBH, I have both and I find Google Assistant to be better.

Alexa sounds better and is better for shopping, but I find Google better for everything else.  I don't have any turtlenecks so I've never tried Siri.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 09:27:14 PM
Well we have those Alexa’s in every freaking room, including the bathroom, the Mrs loves them, and since she got a new one for her side of the bed with the clock the old one which is newer then another one it’s getting switched out and the old one is going out to the garage, so seriously EVERYWHERE! To have the absolute correct time and a temp would be perfect, but if this thing is just like a Alexa and you can ask it things and whatnot it would be pretty cool, cause the Mrs can do all her things with Alexa yet it won’t effect my clock, yet if I want to do something I suppose I could do it through my clock :dunno: now I searched for these things and the only one that is on Amazon says it contains an alexa, so it would have to be that specific model?
JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 10:51:34 PM
Amazon won't sell Google devices since Google is the opposition.   :D

Like going into a GM dealer and asking if they have a new Mustang.

Def

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 10:54:50 PM
 :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 11:32:30 PM
They had the screen protectors for the old ones! Besides any times you go to a car dealership whether it be a ford or GM or even the Lincoln dealer down the street they always have other manufactures out in the lot,, :p
JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 12:32:07 AM
Not new ones they don't, which is why I stipulated new in my post.  :D

Def

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 02:52:34 AM
Oh blah blah,
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%