Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ok...Someone please explain this to me because I don't get it!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Re: Ok...Someone please explain this to me because I don't get it!
Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:20 PM
Saw a couple of comedy Christmas movies over the Holidays that were decent enough that I'd watch them again.

"Deck the Halls" with Danny DeVito and "Just Friends" with Amy Smart and Anna Faris:

Anna Faris is hilarious - one of the few Hollywood actresses not afraid to go all the way and make a complete fool of herself.  ;>

N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #61 on: December 28, 2009, 10:08:49 PM
She is also very hot.  Got a bit of a thing for her.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #62 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:45 PM
I'd never even heard of her before today :think:

But then I don't really like movies much, so it's no surprise I've never heard of her :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: December 28, 2009, 10:22:25 PM
She is well nice;

I'm back!!

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #64 on: December 28, 2009, 10:22:41 PM

But then I don't really like movies much, so it's no surprise I've never heard of her :D

With over 30,000 posts is it that you don't like movies or simply don't have time for them?  LOL!
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Reply #65 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:33 PM

Reply #66 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:25 PM

With over 30,000 posts is it that you don't like movies or simply don't have time for them?  LOL!
:rofl:

Nah I just don't like movies coz there just a bit to shallow for my tastes :-\

I prefere a novel or tv series where they get the time to built a character :), rather than just try and blow you away in the first 5 minutes :-\

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #67 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:56 PM
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:42 PM
Damn!

I'd best stop now...
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #70 on: December 28, 2009, 10:29:23 PM
Sorry Mike I get a little carried away.  :rofl:
I'm back!!

Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 10:29:38 PM
No, no, don't stop :drool:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:48 PM

I prefere a novel or tv series where they get the time to built a character :), rather than just try and blow you away in the first 5 minutes :-\
Well, I have to agree with you there.  I much prefer books to movies.  Most movies lately have disappointed me especially if it's based on a book I read.  The actors they choose just never seem to match the picture in my head of the characters they portray...example Tom Hanks to me is NOT Robert Langdon.  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Reply #73 on: December 28, 2009, 10:32:10 PM

Well, I have to agree with you there.  I much prefer books to movies.  Most movies lately have disappointed me especially if it's based on a book I read.  The actors they choose just never seem to match the picture in my head of the characters they portray...example Tom Hanks to me is NOT Robert Langdon.  :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that :tu:

Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan in 'Hunt for Red October'? please ::)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #74 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:41 PM
Ok just one more  :D

I'm off for a cold shower now...
I'm back!!

Reply #75 on: December 28, 2009, 10:35:39 PM
Damn :drool:

And that's from a bloke who doesn't usually like blondes :tu:

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: December 28, 2009, 10:44:10 PM

You know, that's the only one of those books that I read and then saw the movie and I totally agree.   :tu: Everyone keeps asking me why Tom Hanks doesn't "work" for me as Robert Langdon and who else I would pick and I honestly don't know...I just know that he isn't it.  I think the casting for the Da Vinci code was all wrong, quite frankly.  I usually love Ian McKlellan but he wasn't right in that movie either. 

Reply #77 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:55 PM

You know, that's the only one of those books that I read and then saw the movie and I totally agree.   :tu: Everyone keeps asking me why Tom Hanks doesn't "work" for me as Robert Langdon and who else I would pick and I honestly don't know...I just know that he isn't it.  I think the casting for the Da Vinci code was all wrong, quite frankly.  I usually love Ian McKlellan but he wasn't right in that movie either.  
Well I've not read or seen any of the Dan Brown books/film, but I do get the impression that if Mr Hanks expressed an interest in being in your film, your not really going to say no  :D

Don't get me wrong Mr Hanks is a fine actor, but he has been miss cast before :-\ I love 'Saving Private Ryan' but he was far too old to be playing a Captain in the Rangers ::)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:49:43 PM by Mike, Lord of the Spammers! »

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: December 28, 2009, 10:56:48 PM

You know, that's the only one of those books that I read and then saw the movie and I totally agree.   :tu: Everyone keeps asking me why Tom Hanks doesn't "work" for me as Robert Langdon and who else I would pick and I honestly don't know...I just know that he isn't it.  I think the casting for the Da Vinci code was all wrong, quite frankly.  I usually love Ian McKlellan but he wasn't right in that movie either.  
Well I've not read or seen any of the Dan Brown books/film, but I do get the impression that if Mr Hanks expressed an interest in being in your film, your not really going to say no  :D

Don't get me wrong Mr Hanks is a fine actor, but he has been miss cast before :-\ I love 'Saving Private Ryan' but he was far too old to be playing a Captain in the Rangers ::)
:)  That's probably true...he is a very very good actor.  And he didn't do a "bad" job in the movie.  It just didn't really work for me. As cliche as it sounds, I think the one movie franchise that has nailed quite a few of the characters very accurately with the casting for the movies was Harry Potter.  Gary Oldman was perfect as Sirius Black and they couldn't have found a better Voldemort than Ralph Fiennes.  I know that Harry Potter is the height of literature, but I sure enjoyed the books. 

Reply #79 on: December 28, 2009, 11:00:14 PM

:)  That's probably true...he is a very very good actor.  And he didn't do a "bad" job in the movie.  It just didn't really work for me. As cliche as it sounds, I think the one movie franchise that has nailed quite a few of the characters very accurately with the casting for the movies was Harry Potter.  Gary Oldman was perfect as Sirius Black and they couldn't have found a better Voldemort than Ralph Fiennes.  I know that Harry Potter is the height of literature, but I sure enjoyed the books. 
Never seen/read those either :-[

But after years of worshiping the works of Sven Hassel, I finally watched a copy of 'Wheel's of Terror' ::) That was a truly horrible film, from start to finish ::) And I know Mr Hassel tried to do everything in his power to prevent the film release, and tarnishing his awesome books :-\

Watch at your peril >:(

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: December 28, 2009, 11:03:49 PM

But after years of worshiping the works of Sven Hassel, I finally watched a copy of 'Wheel's of Terror' ::) That was a truly horrible film, from start to finish ::) And I know Mr Hassel tried to do everything in his power to prevent the film release, and tarnishing his awesome books :-\

Warning taken!  :)  Although I don't think I'm familiar with his books.  Might have to check them out though. :)  Most of the really really good books I've read will probably never be put onto the screen and that's probably a good thing.  The best book I've read lately is The Girl who Played with Fire (sequel to The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo) excellent books if you are in need of a good story. :)

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #81 on: December 28, 2009, 11:08:46 PM

Hubba hubba... :D
Anna_Faris_Looking_Busty.jpg
* Anna_Faris_Looking_Busty.jpg (Filesize: 41.71 KB)

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #82 on: December 28, 2009, 11:10:18 PM

Nothing to add...I just wanted to be in on the quoting marathon :D

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 12:12:29 AM

I have to disagree here! I thought Alec was a wonderful/spot-on Jack, bright, passive-aggressive, articulate, the look (black hair); I thought he was perfect and was very disappointed when Harrison Ford took over the role.

and what's up with the new Dumbledorf! :twak: I know you cannot replace Richard Harris but the replacement is Horrible!
anybody but him :-[
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:14:17 AM by WhichDawg »

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #84 on: December 29, 2009, 12:54:35 AM
She is also very hot.  Got a bit of a thing for her.

She looks like your missus. Well before you knocked her up anyway  :P
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #85 on: December 29, 2009, 01:27:07 AM

Nothing to add...I just wanted to be in on the quoting marathon :D
:o
:like:    :MTO:

Reply #86 on: December 29, 2009, 07:19:40 AM

Warning taken!  :)  Although I don't think I'm familiar with his books.  Might have to check them out though. :)  Most of the really really good books I've read will probably never be put onto the screen and that's probably a good thing.  The best book I've read lately is The Girl who Played with Fire (sequel to The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo) excellent books if you are in need of a good story. :)
Unless you like brutally horrific tales of war on the eastern front, you might want to avoid them :)

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #87 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:33 AM

I liked her MUCH better when she had black hair - way hotter.

Nowdays, as a blonde, Anna doesn't really stand out from the crowd of hundreds of blonde Hollywood starlets.

N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #88 on: December 29, 2009, 12:31:17 PM
Lets be honest, she'd look great with bloody green hair.  :D
I'm back!!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #89 on: December 29, 2009, 12:35:04 PM
Lets be honest, she'd look great with bloody green hair.  :D
+1   :drool:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24