Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My christmas good news, A old friend returms.

Zed · 11 · 1340

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
My christmas good news, A old friend returms.
on: December 24, 2009, 06:39:54 PM
Well a few weeks back after me and my wife both had swine flu we got into some money problems due to no sick pay, i decided to sell some things of mine to help out, one being my leatherman wave that my dad got for me in 1998, its a long story but its the only thing he has ever got me since i was 9 years old , he left when i was 9 , and i got hold of him after 15 years, sadly though he is a selfish man and although ive given him,loads of chances with his grandchildren he keeps messing up so 2 years ago i told him that was it and if he has taught me anything in life its how to be a good dad, well i stuck the leatherman on here but no joy and then was made a offer, i turned it down as decided to keep hold of it, but then was made a bigger offer on another site, i decided to sell even though my wife said i was mad, well i asked the guy today if he would sell it back and he said yes and at the original price, im over the moon and will never sell this again, sorry this was long winded but im getting a old friend back ,crazy talk i know but itsa how i feel and cant wait to get him back  :tu: ive decided he will be retired for a newer model this year and i might even clean him up and possibly get the broken flat head fixed,

happy Christmas ,   

paul

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: My christmas good news, A old friend returms.
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 07:24:44 PM
Sorry to here about your dad being like that mate, but it seems you've turned out just fine despite him :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:26:45 PM
Sorry to here about your dad being like that mate, but it seems you've turned out just fine despite him :tu:

cheers mike, sometimes you need a bad roll model to turn out ok  ;) and he has god taste in MT  :D just glad the guy will return it, he is off a watch site ive been on for about a year, top bloke for understanding,

paul

us Offline danbomb

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:26:54 PM
That is great I know what it is like to sacrifice- I have been out of work for 2 years and have sold tons of musical equipment that I have had for many years.  I also sold my Original mint PST that sat in a drawer since 1996 when it came back for repair from Leatherman (I bought a PSTII while I was waiting for it to come back.)

Anyway I gave my 12 year old son my original Wave and hope he never has to sell it.
w

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:27:17 PM
That's not crazy - it's cool  :)

I've got a couple of hundred tools or so in my collection, and apart from the financial value and hassle replacing them, they are basically just tools. Bits of metal.

But I've got a couple of tools that I consider sacred. Gifts from my father, gifts from my partner that commemorate big moments in my life etc.

I'm really pleased you got it back. Great  :cheers:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 08:03:42 PM by DaveK »
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 07:58:28 PM
More than my Dad has ever gotten me by a long shot and it sounds like our "fathers" have a lot in common so I know exactly how you feel. That really is an awesome story. Great of the guy to sell it back to you like that. Not sure I would get it fixed though, while I  understand the temptation, I think replacing a part of something so important would be akin to erasing a part it's history. I would leave it as it is and remember it for what it means to you.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:59:31 PM
I'm glad you have it back where it obviously belongs and as for your old man, I don't believe that relatives have the right to treat you like that and still be considered "family".

My family consists of the people who I love and want in my life... definitely a choice thing  :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:05:22 PM
Sounds like the fellow who agreed to sell it back to you deserves a big thanks mate :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 06:18:55 AM
Good to hear a bad story turn out good,thanks for sharing. :salute:

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 10:43:46 AM
Thats a nice story mate,  I'm glad you felt like sharing it  :cheers:
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:49:51 AM
Thanks everyone, he sent me a pm yesterday asking for my address and he will send it back asap, i paypal the money this am, i cant wait to get him back, as said where he belongs, and never to do a stupid thing like sell it again , if i ever stick him up please someone slap me  ;)

and nuphoria  im with you on your comments, he is no father of mine, and a waste of anyone's time, he isnt going to get the chance in messing with my 3 daughters heads as he did mine as a child,

paul

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD