Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wave clip

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Wave clip
on: December 25, 2009, 06:41:44 PM
I have been thinking of adding a pocket clip to my Wave, however I was wondering how it would hold up to clipping to my belt versus my pocket? Has anyone tried this I am thinking of going the sheathless route for awhile.

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Re: Wave clip
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 06:48:21 PM
Do you mean how will the clip hold up? They do fine clipped to a belt, LM clips have a lot of flex to them.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 07:02:24 PM
Yeah I want to get rid of carrying a sheath all together and use the clip to hold it to my belt. I have been checking them out and it appears they will hold pretty well.

us Offline STik

• Have tool, will travel...
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:42:45 PM
A word of caution RaptorMan.  I don't know how well broken in your Wave is, but mine's pretty loosey-goosey, and has a tendency to open up when sheathless (and when jumping around while sheathless  :D)  Do whatever works, but I figured that might be useful...

STik
S

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 03:39:05 PM
this may not be too helpful but i have been pocket clip carrying my tti and it seems to work really well...
'

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 04:14:24 PM
I think it's funny how it's a pocket clip and some folks call it a belt clip. I always see folks even down here in the south wearing a pocket clipped knife on their belt. I don't like the idea personally, it lends to the tool being lost (I personally have bent the snot out of a leatherman clip real good) or there is the sheeple factor. I think tool and knives should either be clipped to a pocket or sheathed on ones' side. Anything else lends to some kind of problem. I agree the leatherman clip is quite flexible but there is just too much room for error there and I would hate to see someone loose a tool if something unforeseen happened. Just my .02

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 10:21:02 PM
I pocket clip a Charge all the time and barely notice it's there. I'd be wary of belt clipping it though.

I have (rarely to be fair) accidentally disengaged the clip by depressing the lock release. In a pocket, the tool simply falls into my pocket, but on a belt.......
I used to come here a lot.

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 04:15:24 AM
I agree Im leery of it but I ordered the clip so I am willing to try it out at least and if it doesnt feel right I will switch back to the sheath. I have considered permanently fastening the clip to the wave but I will wait until I get it to look at my options.

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 06:25:58 AM
I pocket clip a Charge all the time and barely notice it's there. I'd be wary of belt clipping it though.

I have (rarely to be fair) accidentally disengaged the clip by depressing the lock release. In a pocket, the tool simply falls into my pocket, but on a belt.......

wow thats talent mate!  i've never done that but i've only carried my tti for a few months.  i need to get back to keeping it in my edc bag and having my skeletool in my pocket.  i would havea really bad day if i lost my tti
'

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 04:51:53 AM
Got my clip for my Wave today. So far I like it. Just wore it around the house and no issues so far. I go back to work Monday so I will give it a shot then, but have a sheath in my desk just in case.

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 05:15:09 AM
Got my clip for my Wave today. So far I like it. Just wore it around the house and no issues so far. I go back to work Monday so I will give it a shot then, but have a sheath in my desk just in case.

Good luck mate! Hope it works out for you :)

I love how LM makes their clips for the Wave and Charge. I like it how barely any part of the tool is exposed when you are carrying it and how easy it is to remove it.
[

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 06:16:00 AM
I have pocket carried my Wave with the clip as well and you barely know it's there :tu: but as a couple others have said don't know if I would clip it to your belt :-\ I remember 1 guy last year said that he bet over to get something and put some stress on the clip and it snapped on him :o LM replaced it for him but with a tool that costs as much as the Wave I wouldn't want to lose it :tu:

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 06:17:01 AM

Good luck mate! Hope it works out for you :)

I love how LM makes their clips for the Wave and Charge. I like it how barely any part of the tool is exposed when you are carrying it and how easy it is to remove it.
Let us know how you like it in a week or two,I've been thinking about getting a clip for mine also,thanks for the input Poncho,you was putting it in,while I was typing mine.
 :cheers:& :salute:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:20:11 AM by Smitty44 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31