Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Pioneers

meanx · 42 · 4937

00 Offline Bill.H

Re: My Pioneers
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 03:28:10 AM
any ideas on how to make it work? someone in SA is needed to purchase and ship  :cheers:

Vito,

Count me in if you are looking for people who want a blue Pioneer.  Possibly we could do a group buy and have one of our South African members play host.  :think: 
:2tu: I'd go for one also

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 03:41:20 PM
This morning Sharp Edge had 7 blue Pioneers available,I e-mailed them for a quote on shipping, they answered me and this afternoon when I wanted to buy them they were all gone hopefully it was a friend of one of you guys that bought them all up.

No one I know either.  I guess we'll find out when they pop up on eBay.  I'm not getting into a bidding war over them though.  If they have a "Buy It Now" option I will most likely buy one.  That is, if they show up on eBay.
[

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 02:31:54 AM
With help from a fellow model railroader and stamp collector, I managed to complete my "modern pioneer" family.

While I was pretty excited about this, I thought that the limited run of blue alox Pioneers was simply using the same scales as blue alox Farmers.
However, to my amazement, putting them side by side I discovered that Pioneer is adarker blue than the Farmer. The difference does not show that well in the image, but quite noticeable to the naked eye (Pioneer is at the top):

Seeing this difference in colours made me think about 2008 VSAKCS Electrician, and what colour that is, so now I am on the hunt for one !
-------
Alexei

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 02:49:15 AM
BEAUTY!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 02:53:30 AM
A group buy must be organized, Def any word from Tim, is he back?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 03:39:38 AM
Very Nice!    ...the darker color though really has be interested now.  It could just be sample variation though, not uncommon with anodizing.

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 03:49:56 AM
...the darker color though really has be interested now.  It could just be sample variation though, not uncommon with anodizing.
That is definitely a possibility, so I am on a hunt for the border patrol version and the VSAKCS electrician to see what those scales look like...
-------
Alexei

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12:34 AM
A group buy must be organized, Def any word from Tim, is he back?

You can count me in on any group buy.   :cheers:   I'm sure enough of us could be found to make it happen.
[

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 06:05:06 PM
You can count me in on any group buy.   :cheers:   I'm sure enough of us could be found to make it happen.

Same here.

za Offline meanx

Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 02:48:12 PM
Also managed to complete my Pioneer set with the black Pioneer arriving today,thanks ICFT

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 12:23:36 AM
Whatever happened to the Blue Pioneer group buy??????  I have no connections but am more than willing to participate in a group buy.  Surely there has to be someone to facilitate such an arrangement.  I know, I know, don't call you Shirley.   :D
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 12:49:15 PM
Also managed to complete my Pioneer set with the black Pioneer arriving today,thanks ICFT

(Image removed from quote.)

That's a great set to have. :drool:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%