Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman warranty experiences

Crow · 42 · 13823

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman warranty experiences
Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 08:45:18 AM
Bump on an old thread!

I just received my wave and micra replacements after getting home from a smurf day at work, and closely avoided 2 car accidents on the way home. I thought wow great this will cheer me up. Guess again Daz. Not only did it take 11 days in the post from the next state over, Those retards sent me a micra in worse condition than the one I sent in for repairs. I sent it in because the scissors got sticky when opening, sometime they would spring back sometimes they wouldn't, apart from that it was perfect. The one they sent me has the same sticky scissors but also the handles weren't spamped properly and you can barely read micra. The wave they sent me has a loose spring in the large bit driver so the bit just rattles around. Needless to say this has only made my day worse. I have sent them an email as business hours are over.

I feel that I have been beating my head into a brick wall all day.   :rant:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:10:03 AM by DazMechanical »
darren

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 09:31:38 AM
G'Day Daz,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I have only had excellent service from them, however I always go in and see them. That also gives me the opportunity to show and tell them exactly what the problem is and check the repairs or replacements before I walk out. I'm sure they will answer your mail and sort the issues out.

Cheers,

Pete

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:03 AM
Thanks mate! All my previous experiences have been good! It is not possible for me to take it back in person as there are no Leatherman warranty stores in Adelaide. It's just one of those days I guess :facepalm:
darren

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 04:48:47 PM
I have sent in three tools, a crunch with a broken lock, a pst with loose pliers and a juice pro with a broken back spring. In return I received a perfect crunch, a perfect Rebar for the pst and they could not or said they couldn't fix the pro. They offered something else for the pro but I just kept it. All in all there warranty is solid as far as I am concerned .

Swiss Army knives .

Interestingly, I returned a Leatherman Mini a month ago as the plier tip had snapped off 1/4" from the end. They replaced the whole plier jaw quickly, and I was happy. I mention this because the Mini has the same plier head as the (early) PST, which they chose to not repair, but replace with the Rebar.

In three other returns to Leatherman I have only been unhappy with the warranty work once: they mangled my wave handles trying to make the plier action tighter, and they replaced an ES4 with a different (scissor-less) model that I was not enthused about. A quick call to LM though, and they replaced the Wave and sent the correct ES4.

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:38 PM
I'm dealing with it but through a dealer. Just sent a Wave and a Micra, and I'm hoping they get back to me before Christmas. Other than that, there was this situation involving flying bit holder springs... I asked for one replacement and I received four from Leatherman US at no charge. So I would say it was a pleasant experience.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 09:05:20 AM
Thanks mate! All my previous experiences have been good! It is not possible for me to take it back in person as there are no Leatherman warranty stores in Adelaide. It's just one of those days I guess :facepalm:

You are welcome to send them on to me, I'll take them in and wait for the fix. I'm not sure if Zen closes over the festive period, but I would imagine they will.

I will be in Hahndorf during the first week in March next year on a two week motorcycle trip, I can collect them then if you like.  ;)

Cheers,

Pete

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:39 AM

You are welcome to send them on to me, I'll take them in and wait for the fix. I'm not sure if Zen closes over the festive period, but I would imagine they will.

I will be in Hahndorf during the first week in March next year on a two week motorcycle trip, I can collect them then if you like.  ;)

Cheers,

Pete

No worries mate! They have organised free Express postage for me and they say I should have it back before Christmas. Thanks for the offer mate!  :tu:
darren

Offline mybabybook

Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:41 PM
delete
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:41:59 PM by mybabybook »

Offline mybabybook

Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 07:41:36 PM
Yes, enki summed it up pretty well (thanks :)) for Bulgaria  :tu:

Now I bought two brand new Juices and another PS4 (I've been whining about that in two other topics :D).

The PS4 was bought from my country, but upon arrival it  had a few scratches, quite suspicious. The BG distributor (another one this time) did not reply my e-mail at all. From LM US they readily let me know that I could send it in for replacement. I didn't and won't, I was just curious if a brand new tool could have nicks.

Then, the brand new Juice Xe6 I got has quite loose scissors. I bought it from eBay, but contacted LM US to ask about that issue. They again told me I could send the tool for replacement. Which I won't do again, because I'm likely to get the new model xe6, which I don't like.

The S2 also gave me trouble - the backspring of one flat driver broke. The BG guy I bought it from contacted the US dealer HE'd ordered it from, but had been redirected to LM US. I myself contacted LM US directly with this issue... But I haven't had a reply yet. This is the first time when they've delayed a reply or haven't replied yet.

So far they've been great to me.  Unlike their brand new tools :D :D

Hi,
how it is with the 25 year warranty for Wave in Bulgaria? I have broken on of the saw blades and wondering if I can get it repaired? Unfortunately I have no proof of purchase anymore, as I bought it few years back. but it is not 25 year old anyway, as the model was first released in 1995 or 1998.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:57 PM
Hi,
can anyone tell me how it is with the 25 year warranty for Wave in Bulgaria? I have broken on of the saw blades and wondering if I can get it repaired?

Welcome to the boards mate.    :cheers:

You might want to read this thread... https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,72491.0.html

ca Offline b_martin

Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 08:33:02 PM
My first LM was a Rebar that developed a sloppy loose plier head shortly after I purchased it. Send it in to the Canadian distiributor and got a nice refurb Rebar. The pliers on that tool snapped with regular use, so I sent it in again and the replacement Rebar had a chipped knife blade and the pliers were misaligned and there was considerable handle wobble when it was closed. I got ahold of the LM head office and they took great care of me by sending me a prepaid shipping label (twice because the first time they didn't include customs information) and sent me a Wave as replacement.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%