Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Discontinued LMs

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Re: Discontinued LMs
Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 09:23:17 PM
My brother is quite fond of his leatherman minitool and had a question which I also found intriguing and thought I would post here (since its a discontinued tool).

Can you use the leatherman bit adapter (the one which slides over the plier jaw head when the tool is closed) with the minitool? I would think you can, but he wants to make sure before he makes a purchase. So can anyone offer any help?

No-one have a minitool and bit adapter.... ???

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 02:35:32 AM
No-one have a minitool and bit adapter.... ???

Not me.  :(  I'm hoping Prime77 does.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 08:48:32 AM
As far as I know LM made two bit adapters.  One called the standard tool adapter for the SuperTool and SuperTool 200, but it also fits the PST, PST2, Pulse and Sideclip.  The other adapter, the one I have is the "Old" Wave or Universal Adapter that fits every LM except the SuperTool and ST 200.  The two are still listed on the LM website. It does fit the Minitool and the SideClip. In the pics it looks a like the tool  handles aren't closed good, but the adapter does fit over the plier heads nicely and when holding the handles tightly while driving a screw it helps hold the adapter in place.
new1.jpg
* new1.jpg (Filesize: 20.84 KB)
new2.jpg
* new2.jpg (Filesize: 18.32 KB)
new3.jpg
* new3.jpg (Filesize: 20.03 KB)
"

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 08:51:05 AM
The Universal adapter fits the SideClip good, and strangely enough fits the SwissTool even better.
new.jpg
* new.jpg (Filesize: 21.99 KB)
new4.jpg
* new4.jpg (Filesize: 23.69 KB)
new5.jpg
* new5.jpg (Filesize: 28.57 KB)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:52:41 AM by prime77 »
"

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 10:07:08 AM
Very many thanks Prime, I am sure this means my brother will now be trying to find one of those adapters for his minitool!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:13 PM
Very many thanks Prime, I am sure this means my brother will now be trying to find one of those adapters for his minitool!

Yep, me too. I've held off getting one of those adapters for dang near a decade, but you've worn down my resistance.  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 11:12:02 PM
I bought my book from Swissknifeshop.com , it's where I do most of my buying (online, that is).

I figured out that it was on backorder, and expected this week, and they said they'll refund the shipping costs, and ship it next-day as soon as they get it.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD