Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My new Wenger...

665ae · 14 · 2525

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
My new Wenger...
on: June 11, 2007, 01:07:11 AM
Just got back from using my new Wenger... I have to say it's the best one I've owned!

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: My new Wenger...
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:41:14 AM
Har-dee-har-har!  :D  I suppose you took that and your Victorinox motorcycle on a little camping trip?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:56:58 AM
That Vic cycle looked nice... but I would kill myself on that thing!

I have to say, that Wenger tent was really nice.  I don't know if anyone has considered buying one, but they're affordable and well made.  (made in china though)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:00:49 AM
Where'dja get it? Locally, or on the net somewhere?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:21:01 AM
I bought it from Amazon.com

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 06:38:49 PM
I hope you're putting it good use today..BTW Happy Father's Day everyone ! I've bought quite a few Wenger branded non-SAK items from WalMart,and all of them have been high quality goods.
I

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:16:43 PM
Nope... no camping today :(  Today we're out visiting my dad and my girlfriends dad. 

Bison56, did you get some Swiss Gear stuff?  What stuff did you get?  I've picked up a couple of Swiss Gear sleeping bags that are VERY nice :)  I'm always interested in hearing if any of the other stuff is any good.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 10:44:16 PM
I have a Swiss Gear medium duffelbag (don't know the model name or number but it is the basic 2 side compartments and 1 middle large compartment style bag) that has held up quite well for the past few years. I use it as a general gear bag when I go riding and as my travel bag. It's nice because it is made of fairly thick material and features a clear plastic zipper pouch for toiletries that snaps to the main flap so it stays in one place and is easily accessible.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 12:47:23 PM
Hope you don't mind Mike, but I used your new Wenger pic for todays SAKtivity over at SOSAKOnline.

Link: http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=31&page=view&catid=8&PageNo=1&key=143&hit=1

(Your big royalty checks should start rolling in shortly after Def gets back!)  ;)

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 04:16:40 PM
Hehe... I don't mind at all.  I never even thought you could use that pic for a SAKtivitiy :)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 04:31:39 PM
Sorry about the delay in getting back...who knew Father's Day was so much work?! I've got the Wenger battery powered lantern,and it puts out a good light,in the 2 years I've had it,I've never had to re-charge batteries.There is even a compass inset in the top of it.
 The Wenger air mattress is a tough durable..and comfy item.From my experience,no matter what one thinks of Wenger's knives,their other product lines are good stuff
I

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 01:00:07 AM
Royalties from SOSAKOnline?  I wish there was such a thing... :P

That Wenger Gear stuff is awesome.  I have been harassing my Wenger contact for a while now to send me a tent so I can go camping for a weekend or so.  I have some other Wenger stuff too- my camera bag is a Wenger, my luggage is Wenger, I have a set of four aluminum water bottles from Wenger... I have some other stuff too but I can't think of it off the top of my head. 

I am looking for a nice Victorinox or Wenger wallet soon too.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 01:15:16 AM
Sorry about the delay in getting back...who knew Father's Day was so much work?! I've got the Wenger battery powered lantern,and it puts out a good light,in the 2 years I've had it,I've never had to re-charge batteries.There is even a compass inset in the top of it.
 The Wenger air mattress is a tough durable..and comfy item.From my experience,no matter what one thinks of Wenger's knives,their other product lines are good stuff

Is that the Swiss Comfort Air Bed???  I've been looking at getting one of those for a while now.  I keep putting it off :)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 08:49:04 PM

Is that the Swiss Comfort Air Bed???  I've been looking at getting one of those for a while now.  I keep putting it off :)
Yes it is.Good gear,you won't go wrong if you buy one.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD