Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Swiss Champ: The art of the deal

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Vic Swiss Champ: The art of the deal
Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 04:38:45 AM
I love fiddle factor!  And this thing is definitely way up there on the fiddle factor scale!  :)  I doubt very seriously that I'll ever carry it, but you and Chrissy are right, it is an extremely cool thing to own.  It's also very neat to get to actually "play" with tools that I don't have on any of my other SAK's and see if I like them.  For instance, the pliers.  None of my tools have them, but I have kind of been eying a Deluxe Tinker but didn't have any experience with the pliers so I didn't know if I'd like it.  Now, I can safely say that I really like the pliers.  I also love the little scraper on the back.  I originally thought it was a "dedicated" flat head screwdriver...nope.  That's a really handy little tool right there.  The rest of them I have some experience with but it's neat to be able to see all those together like that.  I know there's SAK implements out there that aren't on this, but it's still kind of cool. :)

You need to try a SwissChamp XLT, then, Kelly.  If you want fiddle factor, then wow. o.o  Cybertool driver, and even a spatula, plus the electrician and pruner blades, too. o.o

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 04:39:45 AM
Eventually I do want to try the Cybertool Driver.  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 02:19:16 PM
Swisschamps aren't that hard to carry in a belt pouch , and are virtually un noticed when carried in a briefcase or bag . I often carry a Ranger which is nearly as big .

Chris

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 04:26:54 PM
A shorter phillips seems like a retrograde step  ???

Nice score though - I never carry mine really but it's definitely a great tool.

The one bonus with the new shorter Phillips is that it also has the 'bump'' on the back of the tang.  The little 'bump' really engages on the backspring and makes it very tough to close accidentally (like when you are using it :)).  The same little 'bump' is now also on the cap lifter/flat screwdriver, take a look on any SAKs you have that are less than a couple of years old, it's not very obvious I'll admit but you should be able to see it.

I was also a bit sceptical about carrying the Swiss Champ but Neil set me up with a belt pouch and I've ended up carrying it quite a bit.  Not my first 'go to' SAK perhaps but it's certainly one that I think everybody should own. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 10:04:28 PM
I think a Swisschamp would work well with a Monroe Dangler , my Ranger is comfortable that way .

Chris

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 10:11:17 PM
I think a Swisschamp would work well with a Monroe Dangler , my Ranger is comfortable that way .

Chris
Well I edc my Swisschamp via a Vic belt hanger, and you hardly know it's there :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 02:47:16 PM
Well this thread made me dig out my belt pouch and drop in my Swiss Champ, just to prove to all you doubters that it's easily worn. :pok: :D  Not nearly as bulky or obvious as you may think. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 03:55:33 PM
well done, i love a bit of haggling, im going to get one of these this year,  :tu:

paul

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 12:13:51 AM
I'm glad when I got my first Ruby one I had no takers at $35, I may have even dropped it to $30 still sealed in a blister pack.  I finally decided that it wanted to stay so I opened it up.  After that point I could not let it go, it came in quite handy and since then I decided that it really did represent a significant timeframe in SAK history and worked much better than I could have imagined.  I wound up getting a few others, some with more fancy scales, as they greatly reduced the prices in the latter part of last year.  For a larger pocket carry I still go for the Ranger, but now the Champ, Champ XLT, the Champion Plus, and the Cybertool Lite have to compete for belt carry along with the Spirit.  I keep one of each in their own pouch waiting and ready for action.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%