Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Cairngorms

Offline Abstraction

The Cairngorms
on: June 07, 2010, 01:38:30 PM
I'm off to stay in the Cairngorms with a group of about 10  mates at the end of the month  :D big old lodge to stay in then the UKs biggest national park in all directions to keep us amused  :D

Anyone ever spent much time up there and how did you find it? Hoping my back ache clears up by then but this is the first time i'll have been up the the scottish highland and it looks stunning, the plan is 7 days of hiking, bbq'd local salmon (weather permitting), tours of distilleries and a cruise out to see puffins and whales to keep the other half happy  :)

We don't Ski, hence the reason we're going at this time of the year, but has anyone got any 'must do' walks or hints about the best places to go by?   First time we've gone as such a big group out so it's going to be interesting to see how that works!

We're flying up there though and only have one small suitcase between me and my girlfriend, which means i'll have to limit myself in terms of multi's/saks  ???

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Re: The Cairngorms
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:18:33 PM
I've been up a few time myself, normally working though so I'm not sure I have a lot of tourist hints.

What I can say is do some walks and try to get up the funicular railway near Avimore to see the views. I seem to remember that you can hire a Mountain Bike in Avimore too and there are a plenty of good places to ride up there, the local bike shop will let yu know where's worth going.

"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

Offline Abstraction

Re: The Cairngorms
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:15:50 PM
I've been up a few time myself, normally working though so I'm not sure I have a lot of tourist hints.

What I can say is do some walks and try to get up the funicular railway near Avimore to see the views. I seem to remember that you can hire a Mountain Bike in Avimore too and there are a plenty of good places to ride up there, the local bike shop will let yu know where's worth going.

Nice idea, cheers mate - I didn't even think of hiring a bike, would give us much more time to see the surrounding landscape  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%