Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why do we collect?

Poll

How do you view your collection?

It's a hobby for fun
13 (65%)
It's an investment
1 (5%)
I do not have a "collection", rather they are my EDC items
5 (25%)
"Other"
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Why do we collect?
Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 02:03:37 AM
Necro thread for sure.

Well...my first response...written 8 years ago (My where has the time gone) still stands. I have slowed down these past few years however.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Walley

Re: Why do we collect?
Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 05:05:53 AM
I guess i'm one of the 25% that collects for EDC. I like gadgets and tools and like to get the best quality I can in things that I get good use out of.
I started around 20 years ago by carrying a SAK for work until it grew on me and I had to have one on me all the time.
eventually after losing one then finding it after I bought another one, then picking up more here and there for variety.. and then a few years later pretty much the same story with Leatherman MT's until one day I got them all together in one place and realised that I have a collection!
I have a couple MT's that are like new but mostly they are well used but in good working order.
I only have one SAK that is in less than working order but i'm keeping it that way. it was my very first one and my daughter put a doll sticker on the scale one day before I went to work about 15years ago and ive never taken it off. it has a lot of sentimental value for me so that's the only one I have that I don't carry.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%