Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Earbuds with Mic

us Offline BadMechanic

Earbuds with Mic
on: October 27, 2020, 07:19:46 AM
Im looking for something that I can listen to music or make a phone call with. Wired or wireless. Doesnt matter. It is for an android phone.

No real budget but ill say $100 as a starting point. Wont be used THAT much so prefer not to go top end. But still want decent quality.

Im not much of an electronics guy so I came to the experts. So any help is appreciated.

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Earbuds with Mic
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 03:54:33 PM
I have a nice set of no name Bluetooth ear buddies that Megan got me for my birthday a few years ago.  They have one wire with an ear bud at each end, and a small mic/volume control doodad just below the right ear bud.  I think she paid about $30 for them and it works pretty good.  You can connect it to two devices simultaneously and the sound quality seems pretty good to me- although I can rarely tell the difference between "good" and "bad" sound after all the bars I worked in.   :facepalm:

Anyways, not a bad option, if you find something similar.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Earbuds with Mic
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:32:23 PM
I don’t know if you’ve found a pair, but I just saw this.

When I did a lot of air and train travel, I invested in a set of Shure earphones which I still use over a decade later.  You should be able to get the SE215/AONIC215 with inline microphone and volume control for less than $100. 

They have great sound quality and come with different tips for your ear size.  They are noise isolating, so you don’t hear a lot of the surrounding noise which could be good or bad depending on desired use.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:38:52 PM by Sos24 »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Earbuds with Mic
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 02:52:43 AM
Just seeing this as well :ahhh I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds + (which I ended up getting along with a new phone :whistle: ;) ) and they are amazing :o I keep one in at a time and 1 will last me all day long at work and phone calls are way more audible with the buds than when I try to just use the phone itself :salute: I am not much for music but when I do listen to things on my phone like videos, they are very clear and I am very happy with them. I have also had them since April when they came out and they still last all day :like: Hope you have found something already but if not then check them out :tu: I am actually going to buy another pair for my computer and hook them up with Bluetooth so I won't be tethered to my computer via a audio cable :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%