Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

#2 Robertson/Phillips components

ca Offline angusW

#2 Robertson/Phillips components
on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:24 AM
I would really like a #2 Robertson on my PowerLock but from the pics on the SOG site it looks like a #1. A couple weeks ago I emailed SOG regarding a #2 Robertson and #2 Phillips. They replied right away saying "As far as the Phillips components are concerned, there are no plans that I am aware of to make different sizes, however I will log your suggestion in for our monthly product review as this is a fairly common suggestion." With regards to the Robertson, I don't think she understood my question. "We actually do have a Robertson's drive available as a component which may be purchased from our site."

Has anyone emailed or talked with a SOG rep on why they aren't making a #2 Phillips and #2 Robby? You'd think they'd be more popular than the C-4 spike or the V-Cutter.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: #2 Robertson/Phillips components
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 04:13:44 AM
The robertson is #2, almost anyway, tt's 0.1 mm smaller than a standard bit but will work fine. As for her didn't understand your question, I'm not surprised. Most people outside canada have never heard of it, let along different size.

Yeah the phillips is a shame, #2 would make much more sense.

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 04:36:35 AM
If SOG came out with a #2 Phillips, I would buy one just to replace my #1 Phillips.

ca Offline angusW

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:03:08 AM
The robertson is #2, almost anyway, tt's 0.1 mm smaller than a standard bit but will work fine. As for her didn't understand your question, I'm not surprised. Most people outside canada have never heard of it, let along different size.

Yeah the phillips is a shame, #2 would make much more sense.

If that's the case then I'm going to order one. I wasn't sure since on the pic on the SOG site it looks like there is '1' on the Robby bit.

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:24:37 AM
call me a hereticbut i wouldn't mind a 'stubby flat #2 phillips' (like on the gerbers) that fit in the space next to the #1 phillips

the way i see it i get two philip sizes and two flats (can opener/bottleopener) without sacrifising space (small phillips are more likely to chew ze thread in my exp)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

ca Offline ronemca

Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:28 AM
I've been wondering about both of these issues since ordering a P/L last week.  I'd be all over a #2 Philips and a red Robertson in a heartbeat.

So...where's an inexpensive source? (In Cda would be a bonus!)

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 06:57:33 AM
I've been wondering about both of these issues since ordering a P/L last week.  I'd be all over a #2 Philips and a red Robertson in a heartbeat.

So...where's an inexpensive source? (In Cda would be a bonus!)

If you are talking about SOG parts, just order off their website, free shipping for accessories.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%