Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First SOG, Wow!!

AJ · 3 · 2160

Offline AJ

First SOG, Wow!!
on: June 20, 2007, 01:21:01 AM
Hello....

I have been using Multi-tools for the last 20 years on the job.
I do appliance repair, delivery and installs. It's alway's been handy to not only have a multi-tool on my hip at work, but at home too.

The first 8 years of tool use I had a Gerber. Then I tried my first leatherman Super tool and never went back to Gerber. Over the last 12 years I have been a die hard leatherman fan. Trying them all and selling or giving away the ones I did not use daily. I mostly used the wave and Ti as my EDC.

I read a lot about SOG online, but never seen then in the retail stores anyplace.

Then I see Lowes had the Power Lock and just had to see if they were as good as I have heard.

This thing is awesome! Fit and finish is like a Swiss tool (yeah, used them for a bit too) and it's built as heavy as the old leatherman Super tool or better!

I am really looking forward to testing this thing out.
As much as I liked leatherman I would still have to send one or two in every year for twisted screwdriver blades or broken bit holders, etc...

It's great to know I can get parts to replace myself if something does break.

Great forums, never new anything like this was around.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:24:20 AM by dakota »
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: First SOG, Wow!!
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:47:15 AM
Welcome dakota, it sounds as if you will fit in nicely around here!  :)

As you get to using your SOG more, we will be interested to here more about how it compares to your Leatherman experiences. Personally, I like many features about the SOG tools. On the other hand, the thing I don't care for is the clumsy process that a person has to go through to get the knife blade out.

Hopefully the new PowerAssist will take care of that problem!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: First SOG, Wow!!
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:03:57 AM
Another SOG fan is made..

The Powerlock is the Sherman tank of multitools...it has drawbacks, but you'll never hesitate to take it out and use it.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD