Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My watch addiction......lots of pics!

2xTap · 86 · 17643

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: My watch addiction......lots of pics!
Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:16 AM
some nice watches there, i like alphas as very good prices for what you get, the new milsub is very nice, i had the addiction but its a costly business so stopped and i was lucky to be given this 6309 about a year ago, it came with some mods and i added more, it keeps perfect time and never leaves my wrist, watch collecting is a addiction but you need very deep pockets plus my 6309's time is so much better these days now i wear it all the time as before i swapped from one watch to the next,this is now my EDC watch .

paul
inspired from ryan hyunsuks military modified  watches
mods include
acrylic domed crystal
polished brass chapter ring
yobokies 24hr dial and hands
brushed case
and fixed strap bar

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:18 AM
How many arms do you people have??? :D

Lots of nice stuff there, sadly its all out of my price range   :rant:
Everything’s adjustable

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 04:25:29 AM
That is best looking Casio I have seen.  Most look plasticy and gimmicky, but that looks like a higher end Seiko or Citizen.  Where did you get it, might have to buy myself an early birthday present.
I did get mine through Amazon.  Do it, I promise you will not regret getting it.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 04:27:42 AM
That is best looking Casio I have seen.  Most look plasticy and gimmicky, but that looks like a higher end Seiko or Citizen.  Where did you get it, might have to buy myself an early birthday present.
I did get mine through Amazon.  Do it, I promise you will not regret getting it.

There is one with a white face that I am trying to talk to wife into letting me get.  If I could just sell my little video camera I would have some toy cash available.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 04:28:29 AM
some nice watches there, i like alphas as very good prices for what you get, the new milsub is very nice, i had the addiction but its a costly business so stopped and i was lucky to be given this 6309 about a year ago, it came with some mods and i added more, it keeps perfect time and never leaves my wrist, watch collecting is a addiction but you need very deep pockets plus my 6309's time is so much better these days now i wear it all the time as before i swapped from one watch to the next,this is now my EDC watch .

paul
mods include
acrylic domed crystal
brushed case
and fixed strap bar
(Image removed from quote.)

I hate you...that watch is beautiful.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 07:28:34 AM
nice timepieces  :o :gimme:
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 10:27:37 AM

paul
mods include
acrylic domed crystal
brushed case
and fixed strap bar

I hate you...that watch is beautiful.

thats not nice lol, if it wasnt for a good friend i could not of owned this watch, modding these is pretty easy as well one you have the tools, ive got a leather bund strap coming for this just for a change as can only fit straight through type straps , but these have great movements in them and kee p good time, plus i have never had this  waterproof tested but ive still swam with it on and get it wet alot and no water has got in, i just keep the crown and the case back on tight, keep your eye out on ebay for seiko 6309's they do come up a lot just take care of buying them from china as some are bodged together, modding parts are readily available. yobokies does lots of different parts, plus there is MKII but those parts are expensive,

paul

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 04:33:48 PM
That Russian Diver arrived a couple days ago and I finally got around to taking some pics. This is a big'un!

The watch itself is made of Black IP coated stainless steel. Watch case is 52mm, measured with the crown protector the thing comes in at about 60mm.....it's big! And it sits in at 16mm thick. But despite it's large size it's not a heavy watch. You can feel the weight but it's not so heavy in that it slings around on your wrist when you move your arm.

The band is made of black rubber with 2 Black IP coated stainless barrels on each strap....gives the band a cool look. The rubber that makes up this band is rather stiff, not as soft and pliable as other rubber bands I have on other watches.

The band also sports a very large Black IP coated stainless buckle, it's wide and beefy. And between this and the crown protector is where I have problems with this watch. I wear my watches directly on the wrist, not back from it more on the forearm like some do. This puts the crown protector right above the back of my hand so when I bend my hand back it digs right into it. Also, when bending at the wrist forward the buckle goes into the base of my palm. It's comfortable enough wearing it but any serious articulation at the wrist and this watch becomes more of a bother than anything else. I don't think this one is going to get any serious wrist time.

One thing I did want to show though, that my current camera just can't seem to take any good pics of was the lume. On the face of the watch everything that is green in color is luminous......and hitting this for even just a few seconds with one of my LED lights makes all this just pop. It's real bright lume and it lights up real bright. It looks real cool in the dark. My pics don't do it justice, it's much brighter in person than my pics can convey........

All in all though it's a really nice watch. Fit and finish of it is excellent, it has a Swiss made Quartz movement, real good lume, a cool design, and it's decently comfortable to wear......just so long as you don't move your wrist around much!

Although, as much as I like it this thing will likely be relegated to wearing when I'm around the house not doing much.

2xTap

Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 05:13:27 PM
That's nice 2xTap  :drool: I'd be more inclined to wear it on the right hand tho  ;) I wonder is they do a left hook version  :think:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 05:19:31 PM
John,

They do make lefty versions of these, and it's something I had thought about after getting this one. Might keep an eye out for one that comes up on a deal like I got with this one.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 05:44:16 PM
I have always wondered why they position the crown at 3 o'clock.  :think:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:26 PM
I have always wondered why they position the crown at 3 o'clock.  :think:

Probably because they are a replica of the originals. Apparently back in 1959 Invicta was commissioned to make Divers fro the Russian Navy. They made roughly 100 pieces of this design for them. These are a homage to that design. They had that big crown protector at the 3 o'clock position.

2xTap

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 10:47:54 PM
Woah, that's HUGE!!

Luckliy for me, I am a lefty which means I wear them on the right and don't usually have any crowns digging in to me. I have just bought one of these things:

GW M5600BC

Couldn't help myself... needed some modern trickery in a tough retro styled body!
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 11:50:46 PM
here's my Xmas present from the wife:

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 12:27:31 AM
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 12:41:41 AM
That is a very classy watch.

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #46 on: February 14, 2010, 12:54:11 AM
thanks. i think it's a converted pockesmurfch, but it is exquisitely detailed.

i was a bit surprised Stowa was still around - the only German watches im familar with are A. Lange & Sohne, Glasshuette and Sinn

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08:45 AM
thanks. i think it's a converted pockeColorful Enunciationch, but it is exquisitely detailed.

i was a bit surprised Stowa was still around - the only German watches im familar with are A. Lange & Sohne, Glasshuette and Sinn

I love how the forum software censored that.  Who would have thought that pocket-watch would be so offensive :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 01:29:20 AM
thanks. i think it's a converted pockeColorful Enunciationch, but it is exquisitely detailed.

I love how the forum software censored that.  Who would have thought that pocket-watch would be so offensive :D

yea, i was like WTF? :think:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #49 on: February 14, 2010, 01:30:28 AM
That is odd. When I first read his post I was like....what in the hell is a pockeColorful Enunciationch? The boards software is a bit off on the censoring.

2xTap

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:22 AM
That is a touch funny isn't it.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #51 on: February 14, 2010, 03:02:20 AM
 :rofl:

Took me a few seconds to fight through the dyslexic fog and see what it was sensoring! Brilliant.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #52 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:18 AM
I thought he was talking posh  :think:   :rofl:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 06:08:05 PM
Got a couple new ones in over the past week. Figured I'd throw up a little eye-candy............

This first one I have been eyeing since it's release. But it's $229.99 price tag was a bit much. I waited and occassionally it would come up on sale in the $130-$150 range but still too much. Patience paid off and about a week ago WoW had these on a "Daily Deal" for only $88.00, and in the color I wanted.....Red!

It's a Swiss Legend Legato Cirque Chronograph. I have no idea what "Legato Cirque" means but it's definition should mean "real comfortable" as this is the most comfortable watch to wear that I currently own.

This thing has a stainless case that measures in at 49mm wide by 14mm thick, it's a good sized timepiece with some heft to it. The case is mirror polished nearly throughout and houses a Swiss-made quartz chronograph movement with date complication and screw down crown. The crystal over the dial is a Sapphire coated mineral crystal.

Fit and finish throughout the watch itself is superb. It's a great looking piece.

But one the best parts of this watch is the band. It uses a black rubber 26mm wide diver-type band. The rubber material it's made of is quite soft and pliable. It's very comfortable on the wrist.....even with the weight of the watch itself you can barely feel this thing on your wrist.

And it has a large stainless buckle with interlocking dual band keepers, both of which are done in a profile that you do not feel when wearing this watch. I have yet to wear a watch this big that is this comfortable. Swiss Legend nailed this one perfect.  :tu:

This watch has the looks I like with comfort I haven't had in a timepiece before.....this one has become a quick favorite. 

Another plus to all this, and it wasn't mentioned in the sale on WoW's site was the fact that for $88.00 I not only got this nice watch, but they also sent a Swiss Legend ballcap (a nice quality one too!), a Swiss Legend tote bag, and a 2010 Swiss Watch International calender. Can't beat that!   :2tu:

2xTap

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 06:14:12 PM
Now this next one comes from a new line released by Invicta called "I by Invicta". From my understanding this line is meant as a more affordable series to the overall Invicta line. That said most of what has been released under this "I by Invicta" brand are designs I've not seen before, but a few are actually rebadged Invicta pieces. And this one below is one of those.........

..........And actually one I have wanted. This "I by Invicta" is a #41699-003 Chronograph which is identical to the Invicta II #5766 Chronograph, of which I wanted. The 5766 usually goes for around $140, and this "I by Invicta" version at $99.00 or so. Patience again paid off as eWatches.com had a special sale on a bunch of these new "I by Invicta" pieces and had this #41699-003 for a mere #57.99!   :tu:

This watch is made entirely of stainless steel done in a very fine brush finish with the sides of the case mirror polished. The case comes in at 44mm wide with a 13mm thickness....a real good size, not too big and not small. The chronograph movement is a Japanese-made quartz with date complication. The dial is sunray blue with polished chrome accents and is capped by mineral crystal and has a rotating unidirectional divers bezel. The crown is a pull-type but is covered by a hinged crown protector which I find a neat feature.

The stainless bracelet is oyster style and done in the same fine brushed finish that the case has, but with mirror polished accents running the length down the center. It uses a deployment clasp with safety.

These watches come in a much simpler two piece box as opposed to the fancy leatherette style that regular Invicta's come in.....but the quality of the watch is on par with other regular Invicta's I own.

It's a real nice piece for the money.

2xTap

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 05:45:47 PM
Been a little while since my last watch purchase but I came across a deal today I couldn't pass up...........Invicta 4338 Black Ion Plated Russian Diver for $76.00 NIB.

Should have it sometime next week, eye-candy to follow!  :tu:

2xTap

:drool: :drool: :drool:

want!

know anywhere i can find one for a reasonable price?

or something similar?

I

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 08:10:09 PM
okay so i found one for $99 which i think is reasonable?

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Russian-Diver-Collection-Black/dp/B000R7K3MQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1267635696&sr=8-2

seeing as if i do it over amazon it will end up costing around £115

would anyone in the US be willing to help me out? if it would be cheaper doing it that way?

i dont really have any experience with this so can someone offer me there advice thanks
I

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:56 PM
2xTap -
When you run out of wrists for all those watches, feel free to send me the 'Invicta 6331 Pro Diver GMT'..  ;) :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #58 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:13 AM
ryan1835,

The price from Amazon is still pretty cheap for this particular model. But if you are wanting one cheaper you gotta wait on deals to pop up. I do most of my watch shopping at eWatches.com and WorldofWatches.com.........get some of the best deals through these two sites. They always got stuff going on.

AHB,

That's one of my favorites, don't think I would part with that one even if I had no wrists!  :rofl:

2xTap

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #59 on: March 06, 2010, 10:05:11 AM

AHB,

That's one of my favorites, don't think I would part with that one even if I had no wrists!  :rofl:

2xTap
Fair enough..  :D :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44