Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My watch addiction......lots of pics!

2xTap · 86 · 17772

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Re: My watch addiction......lots of pics!
Reply #60 on: March 06, 2010, 04:18:45 PM
Finally got some pics taken of another bargain buy that recently arrived........

Invicta 6791 Causeway Chronograph with a Swiss made Ronda 5040 Quartz Chronograph movement. Case and bracelet are made of 316L stainless and black IP coated with a brushed look and polished accents along the middle links of the bracelet and sides of the case. The unidirectional dive bezel, chrono pushers and crown, and the dial accents are done in Rose Gold. The watch is topped with a Flame Fusion crystal.

The hour and minute hands, as well as the sub-dial hands, and all of the hour markers are done over in luminous Trinite coating. The case is 45mm in diameter and 13mm thick. The bracelet is 24mm wide for it's whole length and uses a fold over clasp with safety.....

The build quality is excellent and the multi-link bracelet is very comfortable. The design and finish will go well with both casual and formal dress.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: March 06, 2010, 06:28:49 PM
Now thats my kind of watch.  Looks great.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #62 on: March 06, 2010, 06:56:48 PM
This thread actually makes me consider getting a watch again, eventhough it's been years since I had one... :P :P
 Thanks alot 2xTap..  :twak:

:D

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:57 PM
This thread actually makes me consider getting a watch again, eventhough it's been years since I had one... :P :P

Stupid question, but what do you do when you want to check the time, aside from looking at a cell phone? >.>;

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 07:04:52 PM

Stupid question, but what do you do when you want to check the time, aside from looking at a cell phone? >.>;
I'm always carrying at least one cell phone and we have a watch on the wall at work... I don't really need anything else..  ;)

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #65 on: March 06, 2010, 07:08:51 PM

I'm always carrying at least one cell phone and we have a watch on the wall at work... I don't really need anything else..  ;)

Ah.  :tu:  Have you thought about looking at the dual-SIM card phones so you could consolidate your multiple phones into just one? :)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 07:14:48 PM

Ah.  :tu:  Have you thought about looking at the dual-SIM card phones so you could consolidate your multiple phones into just one? :)
Not really... :think:
It works fine with two phones, since I don't want to talk to customers in my spare time.  ;) :D  

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #67 on: March 06, 2010, 07:25:28 PM

Not really... :think:
It works fine with two phones, since I don't want to talk to customers in my spare time.  ;) :D  

Good reasoning to me, AHB. :D

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: March 06, 2010, 08:51:11 PM
Eight years come the 24th of this month

I'll be surprised if anyone's even heard of this brand.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #69 on: March 07, 2010, 02:19:42 AM
Now thats my kind of watch.  Looks great.

It looks better in person, my pics don't do it justice really.

This thread actually makes me consider getting a watch again, even though it's been years since I had one... :P :P
 Thanks alot 2xTap..  :twak:

You are welcome!  ;)

Seriously though, there are just so many nice watches out there at reasonable...if not down right cheap...prices that I can't see why anyone wouldn't have at least a couple wrist watches lying around. Lots of "Deal-a-Day" sites and the like offering large discounts on all kinds of timepieces. It's what has made it easy for me to get into this particular hobby.

Though I have to admit, my tastes are getting a bit more expensive and I find myself eyeng certain watches that are more than I would usually spend on any watch. I guess it's like any other hobby, eventually you start going up in price ranges as the addiction really sets in.  :-\

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 03:53:57 PM
I have been really impressed with all of my Invicta watch purchases lately and was keeping an eye out for some of their new releases when this one popped up. ShopNBC was running a bunch of new stuff from them but most was out of my price range when this nice Chrono came up at the right price.

It's a Invicta 6953 Sport Chrono. Made entirely of stainless steel with a mix of brushed and polished accents. Case is 45mm wide by 13mm thick and houses a Swiss Ronda 5040.D Quartz Chronograph movement with date complication. The blue dial has a mix of textures between the flat part of the dial face, the outer ring, and the subdials giving it a unique sunray effect that really pops in the sunlight. It's currently overcast and gloomy here so my pics don't show this very well.

The hour markers and hands are done over in luminous Tritnite and the case is topped by a Flame Fusion crystal. The 22mm wide stainless linked bracelet is also done with brushed and polished accents and once sized is very comfortable. The clasp is a fold over deployment style with safety.

The watch is 100 meters water resistant and came in the typical yellow faux-leather watch box. A real nice time piece with a sub-$100 price tag.

2xTap

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 03:56:08 PM
Another brand I have been impressed with so far has been Swiss Legend. I already own two of them, one being their Neptune diver, and since getting that one they have released a slew of new versions in a multitude of colors and different dial set-ups.

WoW is having a sale on them I couldn't help myself when I saw this particular Neptune........

...........which I ordered last night!  :2tu:

2xTap  :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #72 on: March 27, 2010, 06:25:45 PM
Recently I came across some good deals on pieces I have been wanting and couldn't pass them up. True affordables as each costed me less than $100 a piece.

This first one is another SL Neptune. A little while back I acquired from a forum member on another forum a all Black Swiss Legend Neptune. A great watch and one I quickly came to like. Recently SL has released a slew of new Neptunes in a range of colors and dial set-ups. When I saw this one come up I couldn't help myself......

These are good sized watches at 52mm case diameter and 18mm thickness. Swiss Quartz movement with date, unidirectional bezel with mineral crystal, screw down crown, luminous hands and hour markers, and like my other SL watches the most comfortable rubber band of any other watches I own. And of course, in a bright green color.  :tu:

Here it is alongside my other Neptune..........

This next one is my first Stuhrling Original timepiece. I've eyed a few recently but had yet to pick up one until I saw this one. Liked the style and color combo, and the price was right........

It's a Stuhrling Original Monterey with a polished stainless 44mm case topped with a Krysterna Crystal over a serpentine-embossed silvertone dial with a blue outer chapter ring. Hands and hour markers are coated with Super Luminova which lights up quite bright when charged and seems to have a decent luminous duration. It has a Swiss Quartz movement with date function and a push-pull crown. It has a round Cyclops as opposed to the more familiar oval-type I am used to......I don't particularly care for these date magnifiers but I have to say this one does work well. The band is blue soft rubber with the same serpentine pattern as the dial and I find it very similar to the bands on my Swiss Legends....very comfortable.

It's a fairly straight forward timepiece with just the right bit of style, color, and finish......a real nice watch at a sub-$100 price point.

This last one arrived yesterday. Been wanting this one for a while, was just waiting on a good deal and hit one when it came up on InvictaShark. I've been real happy so far with all of my Invicta watches and this one is no different. Another from their Pro Diver Series, which most of mine are, this one a 6012 with the 21-jewel automatic movement (I believe a Myiota)........

All stainless with the dual polished/brushed finish. 43mm case with a 15mm thickness with screw down exhibition case back. Unidirectional Coke bezel with Flame Fusion Crystal and Cyclops over a silvertone dial with Tritnite coated hands and hour markers. The stainless bracelet is their triple-link with dual polished/brushed finish with foldover deployment clasp with safety.....a very comfortable bracelet when sized properly.

A good looking timepiece with excellent F&F for the price. I really like Invicta's Pro Diver Series of watches. My only disappointment with this one was I was hoping it was a earlier model which had the movement that also has the manual-wind feature and screw down crown like my 9110 Pro Diver. From the pictures and description the site had I thought this was the case as it stated a screw-down crown and the pics showed the movement with a plain rotor.........but it has the newer movement with the fancy rotor, no manual-wind feature, and a push-pull crown. Oh well, still a nice watch for $69.00 so I am not complaining.

Also, my little watch display box I had was out of room, and wouldn't fit many of my larger watches. So I also ordered one of those 21 watch Sicuro Watch Towers in the mahogany finish......I haven't taken any pics of it yet but what a sweet storage for watches. Very nice construction and easily holds even my largest timepieces. I'll try to get some pics taken of it and posted up when I can.

2xTap

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 12:23:28 AM
Snatched myself up another good deal on a nice Invicta. Arrived a few days ago and I have to say I am impressed again by Invicta.........

It's a 8928OB Pro Diver Automatic. Another nicely done homage by them of a similarly styled Rolex Submariner....and at a mere fraction of the price of said Rolex Submariner.

The watch is made of stainless steel with their dual brushed/polish finish, and fancied up with 23kt. gold accents. The case is 40mm across sans the crown and houses a 21 jewel Myiota automatic movement with date complication and manual-wind feature. The blue sunray dial is topped by a Unidirectional coin edged bezel with a mineral crystal and cyclops. The case back is screw down with mineral crystal window.......

The crown is screw down as well and the watch is rated at 200m water resistant. The hands and hour markers are coated in Luminous Tritnite. The 20mm Oyster style bracelet sports a fold over clasp with safety. It's a good looking timepiece, I like the style..........

...........and while I am not one much for gold anything I think the combination of stainless, and the blue dial and bezel, along with the yellow gold done in this fashion makes for a attractive watch. It's a bit more dressy than I am used to, but not so much so. And the F&F of it is excellent. Alot of watch for under $100.

2xTap

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 12:44:09 AM
I only have two good watches , an Omegea Seamaster Profesional , and a Citizen Ecodrive . Thanks for sharing your stash , There is something very special about a fine automatic , sometime I would like to try some more .

Chris

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #75 on: April 12, 2010, 01:45:51 AM
Styerman,

You got a couple of nice ones there. I actually prefer Quartz movements but there is something about automatics I like.

2xTap

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 02:04:13 AM
I've recieved quite a few watches recently.  I now have a Luminox Navy Seal, Citizen Chronograph, Victorinox Field Watch, Seiko 6309 Diver, and am getting a Citizen Eco-Diver professional diver here sometime this week.  I also have my dads gold Seiko chrono, but it needs some work, mainly on the water sealing.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 09:00:58 PM
some lovely watches there mate, i prefere auto's and i prefer watches with a movement over a quartz , i know there reliable etc, but as you said there is something about a auto/mechanical watch, its almost like it has a little engine, my 6309 keeps great time and i find since ive worn it everyday the time keeping has got even better, my problem was is that i dont like running a mechanical watch down for very long and i got obsessed with winding them up, i had to sell my watches and i just kept the modded 6309 and the accurist  my partner got me 8 years ago, i might get another G-shock though as miss having a good beater for bike rides  :tu:

paul 

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 10:08:15 PM
someone care to explain this watch gibberish to me  :D

whats a quartz movement compared to a movement and autos
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 10:19:56 PM
someone care to explain this watch gibberish to me  :D

whats a quartz movement compared to a movement and autos

quartz is powered by a battery , and a mechanical movement is just that, a auto mechanical watch winds itself up as you move,  :D

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:27 PM
Zed,

I do like them both, just prefer Quartz.......both for the accuracy and the ease of ownership. Auto's are great and I find myself intrigued by them due to their complexity but I find myself constantly having to reset times and dates on many of mine as I let them run down far too often. It wouldn't be bad if I only had one or two auto's but I am up to 6 now and will likely have more on the way in the near future. Rotating them out between my quartz pieces means I got a few that run down every week.

Not that I am complaining as I really like them, just wish I had the money to buy a nice watch case with multiple winders......but those are pricey.

2xTap

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 11:06:15 PM
Zed,

Not that I am complaining as I really like them, just wish I had the money to buy a nice watch case with multiple winders......but those are pricey.

2xTap

hmm dont buy a new watch for a month or two  :D

oh wait watches are shinier
I

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 11:32:34 PM
The one I would need costs more than all of my watches combined.....at least for a good quality one. A three watch Orbita winder can run between $1800 - $3000! For that kind of money I'll let mine run down and just deal with the time and date setting everytime I go back to wearing them.  ;)

2xTap

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:29 PM
oh, what does it do to them then? shake them about so they charge or something like that ?
I

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 11:55:16 PM
oh, what does it do to them then? shake them about so they charge or something like that ?

It spins them at a given rate at certain times of the day. On automatic watches they are powered by a coiled spring. The spring is wound up by a free spinning rotor that is attached to the movement. You can see this rotor in my pic below, it's the half circle shaped piece with all the writing on it...............

.......as this rotor spins it's winds the watch. They spin easily and do so through regular arm movement. So as you wear the watch you are actually winding it. Automatic Watch Winders in a way simulate such movement (though they do this in a spinning fashion) and keep your watches wound up while they are not being worn. Most automatics when fully wound only have a power reserve usually between 36 to 48 hours before they wind out.

There are cheaper watch winders out there but I have heard of too many problems with many of them......if I were to spend my money on one I would want one that lasts. But that's where they get pricey.

What makes this a bit easier is the fact that 3 of my automatics also have a manual wind feature like a true old style mechanical. Not only do these particular ones wind up through arm movement but I can also wind them using the crown.

2xTap

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #85 on: April 12, 2010, 11:57:00 PM
thanks for all the info much appreciated
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31