Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

look what I done today

Dunc · 5 · 1405

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
look what I done today
on: June 24, 2007, 05:46:23 PM
Life good when you get to do things like this .....

Went down to the Airbase for a look round and a talk about our future training session out to sea with them  ;D The guys from 22 squadron B flight RAF Wattisham were great and made us feel most welcome and were very keen to train with us in the very near future and also maintain this level of training .This is great news and we will be able to learn alot from these guys .

Dunc

Offline AJ

Re: look what I done today
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 06:22:13 PM
Looks like a lot of fun.

Lucky dog...
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 06:30:50 PM
ARGHH! You lucky bum! I'm so jealous! Did you actually get to go up in a flight?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 06:56:12 PM
We didnt get to fly today but when they learned the last time we trained with them was 7 years ago  :o they were very keen to to bring us up to spec . Because we are independant and not part of the RNLI ( Royal National Lifeboat Institute ) all our funding is done by ourselves and we dont always have set procedures with the big boys .All RNLI stations have Air sea helicopter training once a year . So the guys from the RAF were very keen to train with us and train us . So in the very near future they are coming out to do training out to sea which includes bringing the boat into the right position under the helicopter and also being winched up  ;D ( how cool will that be ) . Be sure of one thing , no matter how much adrenalin is running through my veins I will have a camera with me  ;)

To be continued.......

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:54:56 PM
That's awesome Dunc!  We have Sea Kings flying here as well but it's usually the pilots and crew of them that need to be rescued!   :grin:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%