Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Original wave owners club,

Zed · 516 · 43455

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Original wave owners club,
Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 08:43:34 PM
got em all covered there dave, great pic  :tu:
paul
Nope...  :pok: ;)

But a beautiful pic, Dave..  :tu:

ok a list of whats missing allan  :D
This: Clicky  ;)

i see the 2HO,  :tu:

us Offline airballrad

• Gadget Addict
Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 12:30:22 AM
Here's mine, with the new kid and a tank engine named Thomas.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 03:54:16 PM
Well out of the many clubs I started this is the only one I'm so happy to re-join,i started on this forum with a old 98 wave and after a 4 year gap I can happily come back on my 1st ever club (1of many lol ) well thanks to a trade with our dunc here is my 99 stamped original wave,i've got all my flatheads back  :ahhh plus one isn't snapped off like my old wave  ::)
IMG_00000215.jpg
* IMG_00000215.jpg (Filesize: 172.96 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: May 04, 2013, 07:17:03 PM
At the place where I worked back in '99, there was this new guy and one day he noticed my Supertool on my belt and he showed me his Wave and while doing so, he started bragging about the fact that his one was newer, and had one hand opening tools on the outside ... I responded that mine was bigger and had locking screwdrivers  ;).

Anyway, the seed had been planted and in 2003 I bought myself a Wave.  It was my third multitool, after my ST in '94 and my Gerber Multiplier in '98.

Reading this topic I just noticed that I don't have any good pics of my old Wave, just the ones with my new Wave and on all of them (except the one below) the old Wave is out of focus ...

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:08 PM
At the place where I worked back in '99, there was this new guy and one day he noticed my Supertool on my belt and he showed me his Wave and while doing so, he started bragging about the fact that his one was newer, and had one hand opening tools on the outside ... I responded that mine was bigger and had locking screwdrivers  ;).

Anyway, the seed had been planted and in 2003 I bought myself a Wave.  It was my third multitool, after my ST in '94 and my Gerber Multiplier in '98.

Reading this topic I just noticed that I don't have any good pics of my old Wave, just the ones with my new Wave and on all of them (except the one below) the old Wave is out of focus ...

Cool pic eric  :tu: i remember when my dad gave me my old wave in 98 he said it was there top model,of course at that point I didn't even know who leatherman was  :D  :facepalm:

gb Offline Morini

Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013, 08:14:43 PM
I have a new wave which i use regulary. I recently came across a 20th anniversary Wave on eBay UK. Being a newby to the multitool world I had no idea as to the value or the scarcity of these. I managed to contact the seller before eBay shut him down and the wave plus leather case in excellent condition arrived a couple of days ago. All the tools appear to had little or no use. The only criticism I have is that when the tool is closed there is a bit of looseness that isn't there when its open. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs? Has anyone used this model on a regular basis if so how has the anniversary decals stood up. My opinion of them is that they won't last long in a working situation.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 307.18 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: May 13, 2013, 08:40:38 PM
I have a new wave which i use regulary. I recently came across a 20th anniversary Wave on eBay UK. Being a newby to the multitool world I had no idea as to the value or the scarcity of these. I managed to contact the seller before eBay shut him down and the wave plus leather case in excellent condition arrived a couple of days ago. All the tools appear to had little or no use. The only criticism I have is that when the tool is closed there is a bit of looseness that isn't there when its open. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs? Has anyone used this model on a regular basis if so how has the anniversary decals stood up. My opinion of them is that they won't last long in a working situation.

Great find mate  :drool: the wave rattle or wobble is pretty normal due too its design  :tu:

england Offline hennypenny

Reply #67 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19:30 PM
You're quite right to worry about the BO finish. I am so disappointed with Leatherman's poor attempt at BO finish compared to Victorinox or even a cheap Chinese maker like Sanrenmu. I paid only £9 for this Sanrenmu and just look how beautiful and durable the black finish is.
IMG_6010.JPG
* IMG_6010.JPG (Filesize: 65.01 KB)

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #68 on: May 14, 2013, 08:44:47 PM

I think the DLC found on the 20th Anniversary is not too bad , much more robust than BO.
Yours does look to be a bit faded already though  :think: :think:.

The early Waves are prone to developing looseness especially in the handles at the 2 plier pivots  :think: LM sorted it with the 'new' Wave.

As per an old post by Kwakster ;

"The only correct way to tighten up older Waves is to replace the plierhead and the plierhead pivots.
Just tightening the 5 pointed Torx screws will leave you with very hard to open blades, without attacking the real problem which is wear.

I've stopped replacing parts on old Waves altogether, when these come in and the customer hasn't stated a certain fondness of the old tool, it gets exchanged for a New Wave."

Kwakster used to be a official Leatherman repairer, my original Wave seems to suffer this looseness due to wear problem.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline Jailbird

Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 02:52:30 AM
I have a 20th wave also. I don't use it much since purchasing a new model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #70 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:33 PM
Like I said, I didn't have any pics from my old Wave (except the one shown above), so today I had a little fotoshoot with my "old" friend  ;).

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 03:34:22 PM
Very shinny eric  :salute:

I tightened the pliers on mine today using my anvil,now there is no rattle :tu:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:37:25 PM by Zed »

us Offline bdAmmo

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: May 17, 2013, 02:53:56 AM
Wow Eric, that is a shiny Wave!

Here is a pic of my original Wave. It's been used quite a bit and still has held up really well. I picked this one up in Iraq back in 04 and it has been around the world with me. I don't use it to often anymore but every once and a while I still carry it.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 258.51 KB)

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #73 on: May 17, 2013, 05:41:40 AM
I have an original that the mrs used today on a project. I asked her if she took any pics but sorry, no pics.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #74 on: May 17, 2013, 10:45:19 PM
My old Wave is no more shiny than others, it's all thanks to correct lighting, nothing beats the afternoon sun for making tools look so shiny  8).  And playing a bit with the setting in Canon RAW mode also helps  ;).

The picture of the Wave next to the sheath, that's the same Wave as the one in the shiny pic.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 05:59:08 PM
new tool new club heres my 0303A both handles entry
010.JPG
* 010.JPG (Filesize: 165.84 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #76 on: August 15, 2013, 06:05:53 PM
new tool new club heres my 0303A both handles entry
Sweet. Everyone needs an orignal Wave.
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #77 on: April 15, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
Yay, yet another "original" LM club I can join.  I just posted in the Supertool one, and now here.  I've finally gotten my long desired original Wave, and for a great deal as well, especially considering it was stated to have not been used.  Once I got it and checked it out, it appears the seller wasn't pulling my leg on that fact.  It appears unused, and I got if for less than $40, which I never thought would happen considering the prices I'd seen them go for before :D.  Pics coming tonight.
K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #78 on: April 15, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
Did the original waves came with the brown leather sheath? JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #79 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:34 PM
Did the original waves came with the brown leather sheath? JR

I think so, but mine didn't come with a sheath. 
K-Tibbs

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #80 on: April 15, 2014, 10:55:56 PM
Yes it came with the brown leather sheath, which is a much better quality that the sheaths currently being produced by Leatherman. I've owned the original wave since 97 or so and it's still an awesome tool in a small package. I have been thinking about carrying it again but I have tools that are more capable that it and I couldn't stand to break the old girl and send her in for repairs. Instead she sits around looking pretty, wearing a coat of tough glide lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:43 AM
I thought so, wasn't sure, but I don't have any pics of my original :( I don't remember when I got it, but I got it after my LM crunch broke and at the time it was the best one that fit what I needed. Now I really don't need the pliers and have gone back to my sak, but still carry lm's in my pouch or backpack! But the wave has retired to around the house chores! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #82 on: April 16, 2014, 02:56:07 AM
Here's my new original Wave:

K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #83 on: April 16, 2014, 04:42:23 AM
 :tu: nice score Monrogue! JR

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #84 on: April 16, 2014, 04:54:13 AM
K-Tibbs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #85 on: April 16, 2014, 04:55:07 AM

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #86 on: April 16, 2014, 06:08:22 AM
Here's my new original Wave:

Very nice Kyle 8) Welcome to the club :D
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!