Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Trekker Space Pen

AJ · 15 · 3673

Offline AJ

Trekker Space Pen
on: June 28, 2007, 07:47:47 PM

I ordered one of these today and should have it in a few day's.
Anyone else try one?

I am really wondering what the size of this pen will be.

Have not seen much info on them anyplace yet so I will do a review with some specs and photos after I get it.

I had been looking at the Inka pen and did not think I would like how it is put together. The way the cap and ring is on the space pen looks like something that would be more useful to me.

Now that the Inka's are cheaper I may have to get one so I can compare the two side by side.

[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Trekker Space Pen
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:12:41 PM
I can't wait to see what you come up with... I fell in love with my Fisher Bullet when it arrived, but I almost lost it when the pocket clip slid off about a year ago.  When it hit the street it messed up the PDA stylus on the back.  Other than the pocket clip thing though I think it's a great pen.  I'm sure the Trekker solves that problem perfectly!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:34:55 AM

Now that the Inka's are cheaper I may have to get one so I can compare the two side by side.

Side by side comparison? Does that mean you'll have a WRITE-OFF? Will the IRS approve? :D
Seriously I looked at the Trekker website..and I liked what I saw.
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 03:49:13 AM
  Side by side comparison? Does that mean you'll have a WRITE-OFF? Will the IRS approve? :D

Hehe, a funny punny.  :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline AJ

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:41:59 AM
Side by side comparison? Does that mean you'll have a WRITE-OFF? Will the IRS approve? Cheesy

lol...

It got shipped today by priority mail from one state over. If I have any luck at all it will be here in the morning.

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:41 AM
That would certainly be pretty darned nice, wouldn't it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline AJ

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 03:44:13 PM
Why do I not get anything good in the mail on Friday or Saturdays?

Yeah, looks like I will have to wait until Monday to check out the new pen. :(

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 04:34:38 PM
I had my fingers crossed for you....

I dunno about you but I always find it a bit frustrating to think that my package is just sitting a few blocks away being ignored in a pile with a bunch of other ignored packages... especially when I am so close, and I could be making use of it!

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 06:39:37 PM
My PO is really good about things.
I live in a small town and live one block west of the PO and my work is right next to the PO.

I walk by it a number of times everyday.

I had a black Surefire A2 one time coming and knew I had to sign for it.
They knew I was waiting for it and wanted it before the weekend as I told them I would be leaving early Saturday morning for the weekend, said if it come to let me know monday.

My phone rings at 6:30 am Saturday morning, it's the PO letting me know they have my package. It was awesome, but not for long.

Brand new Surefire A2-BK and it did not work!

Had to send it in to surefire and wait another 4 weeks before I got it back.

and life goes on.... :)
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 06:43:34 PM
Owie... that's gotta hurt!

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:07:30 PM
Got the pen today and just wanted to post a quick photo and a few words before heading back to work.
I would like to do a full review with a number of photos and update the review after some long term use of the pen.

Would it be best to start a post in the Review section for that or just post it here?
I was not sure if the Review section would be the place for a pen review or if it was just for multitools and knives.

My very first thought was that is was maybe a bit longer then I thought it would be.
Once I got it out of the package (got photos of that too.. ) it did not seem bad for size at all.

Then I pulled the cap off and thought wow! It seem to be made out of some heavy gage steel.
I thought it would have a cheaper feel to it as I have had some other (police) space pens and for the price I thought they had kind of a cheap feel to the bodies.

Not this one!

On the the writting. The first test on paper was preaty amazing. Once again the other 4-5 space pens I have used alway's seem to have a bit to thick of a line and the start alway's left some what of a blob of ink at the start.

Once again, not this one. Seems to write about the same size line as a pilot G-2 .05 ( my daily pen)
I thought the pilot was much smoother then my other space pens too, as they alway's seem to have a thick feel to the ink, unlike my pilot G-2's.

This may change over time, thus the reason for a longer on going , put it to use in the field test. :)

Here is one quick snap shot.

* spacepen.jpg (Filesize: 120.94 KB)
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:34 PM
Very nice!

The Reviews section would be honored to have your thoughts on the Trekker.  I'm not too much of a stickler for putting things in certain places, so you can go right ahead and post it wherever you feel comfortable!

Was the carabiner included with it?

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:41 PM
Yes, the carabiner was included with it?

I will get a review started in the review section then.

[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 11:11:01 PM
Awesome- I think I may have to look into one of those now.

Def

Offline AJ

Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 03:11:27 AM
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:18:03 AM by dakota »
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41