Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What are the most collectable Victorinox SAKs?

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
What are the most collectable Victorinox SAKs?
on: February 10, 2010, 03:46:46 PM
That is probably a really huge question...lol

Thanks,
FC
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: What are the most collectable Victorinox SAKs?
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:51:46 PM
Judging my ebay of late, anything red alox that is slightly uncommon.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:54:18 PM

neil do you have any problems selling knives on ebay ? or can you just sell overseas  ???

paul

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:28:31 PM

neil do you have any problems selling knives on ebay ? or can you just sell overseas  ???

paul
No you can't sell knives on ebay from a UK IP >:(

Fortunately there's www.edcsource.com :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 06:51:55 PM

paul
No you can't sell knives on ebay from a UK IP >:(

Fortunately there's www.edcsource.com :)

yeah i do look on there now and then and drawl a lot mike  :D

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:39 PM
You can actually sell knives on ebay if you're a UK member but you have to do so from the .com site and sell in USD.  Also no one from the UK/Ireland will be able to bid on it. 

Considering how much cheaper SAKs are in the US than over here it makes it a pointless exercise for anything other than the most collectable.

That aside I meant to say in my orginal post....
Judging by ebay of late, anything red alox that is slightly uncommon.

:oops:

Offline Magnus

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:23:53 AM
I would have thought an original Modell 1890 would be the most collectable.  :think:
[

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:29:27 AM
Anything alox right now. You'll should do very well with that Voyageur you just put up on eBay. Old Alox Soldiers seem to be where most of the big money is going right now. The highest sale I've seen in the past 3 mos was almost $700 for a 1973 Soldier.

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 01:03:44 AM
Anything alox right now. You'll should do very well with that Voyageur you just put up on eBay. Old Alox Soldiers seem to be where most of the big money is going right now. The highest sale I've seen in the past 3 mos was almost $700 for a 1973 Soldier.

Wow!  That's nuts! er...no offense in case one of you bought it for $700.00....
 :D
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 07:09:44 AM

Well, it wasn't me that's for sure. The funny part? The same knife sold for < $60 a couple weeks later:

$700 1973 Soldier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404246416
$60 1973 Soldier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280438355334

It looks like you're really getting into the SAK selling business. If I were looking to make some money on SAKs (and I'm not, trust me - when it comes to SAKs, the cashflow is most definitely negative), I'd look at alox stuff right now.

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 02:38:08 PM

Well, it wasn't me that's for sure. The funny part? The same knife sold for < $60 a couple weeks later:

$700 1973 Soldier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404246416
$60 1973 Soldier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280438355334

It looks like you're really getting into the SAK selling business. If I were looking to make some money on SAKs (and I'm not, trust me - when it comes to SAKs, the cashflow is most definitely negative), I'd look at alox stuff right now.

Could it be the different tang stamps that so drastically changed the value?  Wow...
I wouldn't say I'm getting into the SAK selling business...its just that my and a buddy won a blind auction on a defaulted storage unit here, and hidden in the back corner were 2 5 gallon buckets of knives and multitools.   One 5 gallon bucket had nothing but SAKs in it....no kidding!

I just don't have a use for 400 SAKs!   ???

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 04:10:19 PM
 :pok: Give them to me ;)

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 04:21:50 PM
:pok: Give them to me ;)

How much you wanna pay??  lol :pok:

-Dylan Thomas

de Offline duder

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 04:34:11 PM
Pictures first, please !  :drool:

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 04:37:52 PM

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:41 PM
Pictures first, please !  :drool:

Here...

Haha  :P

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Precise

• I can haz multitoolz nowz?
Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 04:46:56 PM
A 5 gallon bucket of SAKs! Ye gads man! Leprechauns don't have pots of gold they have pots of SAKs!

Here's my suggestion: Go through and keep the nicest of each model and a couple of the models you like to use alot. Put the alox in a pile till you can determine their worth and if their really valuable, sell on ebay. Sell the rest of them to us fellows here.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 04:48:36 PM
Wow... nice haul. The knife with the mag glass could be something interesting - what are the other tools on it?

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 04:49:29 PM
A 5 gallon bucket of SAKs! Ye gads man! Leprechauns don't have pots of gold they have pots of SAKs!

Here's my suggestion: Go through and keep the nicest of each model and a couple of the models you like to use alot. Put the alox in a pile till you can determine their worth and if their really valuable, sell on ebay. Sell the rest of them to us fellows here.

Nah, I say he just sends the entire bucketful to me. :D

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 04:51:25 PM

Is there a market here for ...say....80 SDs?  lol!  I actually have all of the alox ones on ebay now, including the red farmer I had thought I sold already(smurf neighbor changed his mind, :)), as well as the Voyageur.
I have a ton of various others though.

I'd be more than happy to sell here, but I didn't think people would be that interested in the common ones

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 04:52:26 PM
Wow... nice haul. The knife with the mag glass could be something interesting - what are the other tools on it?

Its an Explorer.  Have a bunch of these...lol.  Got a set of 3 for $40.00 on ebay now.

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 04:54:42 PM

I could do that.  Shipping would be $1500.00 though.  :rofl:

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 04:56:29 PM

Not if it fits in a USPS flatrate box; if it fits, it ships. :P

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 04:58:44 PM

Its my flat fee.  ;)

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 05:00:09 PM

Weird, the site just embedded my reply to you, INSIDE my other reply post.  See above, the "Its my flat fee" part.

Its my flat fee.  ;)

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 05:00:38 PM
Seriously, though, see if there's any interest here before tossing any more on eBay; that piano Classic looks interesting. :)

Now if you have any 58mm that say Nokia on it, I'll take it, pending picture of the tools. XD

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:43 PM
Seriously, though, see if there's any interest here before tossing any more on eBay; that piano Classic looks interesting. :)

Now if you have any 58mm that say Nokia on it, I'll take it, pending picture of the tools. XD

I will keep an eye out for any like that!

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 05:04:42 PM

Woohoo.  While you're at it, see if you can find any Passengers, Yeomen, Scientists, Lumberjacks, and 84mm's with scissors. :P

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 05:12:33 PM

Woohoo.  While you're at it, see if you can find any Passengers, Yeomen, Scientists, Lumberjacks, and 84mm's with scissors. :P

er...do you have pics?  I don't know what those look like.  LOL!  I just went through all the 58mms (give or take a few) and no Nokia branded ones, sorry.  I had one that I gave to the Mrs that was a leather Coach SD.

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

er...do you have pics?  I don't know what those look like.  LOL!  I just went through all the 58mms (give or take a few) and no Nokia branded ones, sorry.  I had one that I gave to the Mrs that was a leather Coach SD.

Nice find on the leather Coach SD. :)  A Passenger is an Explorer without scissors, a Yeoman is a Compact with the inline Phillips/Magnifier layer, a Scientist is a Yeoman without scissors, a Lumberjack is a My First Victorinox Plus (Bantam with saw) with a pointed main blade, and 84mm's with scissors are just the Bantam-sized frame with scissors. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%