Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm Headed to Portland...

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
I'm Headed to Portland...
on: June 29, 2007, 11:56:19 PM
I live in PA, but my wife's from Portland, and her best friend's getting married next weekend (7/7/07). So we're flying out there on Monday, and I'm really hoping to get to see the LM factory store. Has anyone heard anything about it?
The website says that you can play with the entire line there, so just that should be worth checking it out in my opinion. There's also some kind of tour, but I'll have to see if it fits our schedule, and it's also got limited space.
Now, I just have to decide how much to spend... unless they charge full retail $  ::)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: I'm Headed to Portland...
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:11 AM
Make sure your camera is fully charged! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline AJ

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:29:26 AM
Make sure your camera is fully charged! :D

Def

Yes, I want to see lots of photos!
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:32:25 AM
Photos please!
[

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 05:06:00 AM
Wilsonville isn't too far off..slip in and see what CRKT is cooking up,schedule permitting.  Don't forget the pics! And have a safe trip.
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 01:55:13 AM
...and don't forget that Gerber is located in Portland as well. Also Kershaw and Al Mar knives.

Link: http://portland.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2001/07/09/story4.html?pg=1

In effect sir, you will be making a pilgrimage to the knife and multitool capital of North America!  :angel:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 06:32:00 PM
In effect sir, you will be making a pilgrimage to the knife and multitool capital of North America!  :angel:
I know, and unfortunately I won't have a car, and it might be difficult to convince the others there that's as important as the wedding!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 06:40:46 PM
Oh come on, they'll probably be married for a while... this may be your only trip to the Holy Land! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 07:35:53 PM
Oh come on, they'll probably be married for a while... this may be your only trip to the Holy Land! :D
Def
The good news is that her family still lives there, so I can probably count on another trip back in a year or two, but I'll still probably be dying next week...

Thanks for the reminders about picture taking, I could have forgotten about the camera till it was too late! (We are in the middle of moving, and it might take some searching to find it) Imagine that, I'm going to a wedding but it takes a tool factory to make me remember the camera! ::) I'll try to take as many pictures as I can without looking like the nerd that I am.  ;) :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:13 AM
If you need to skip the reception afterwards in order to spend more time at a knife or tool factory, we understand completely.  :D

And if your wife doesn't agree, let us know and we can write you up an "excused" note.  ;) 
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 03:37:52 AM
...let us know and we can write you up an "excused" note.  ;) 
Yeah, that might help... I'd like to see the note anyway.  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 03:40:23 AM
I have one ready for you whenever you need it!

Dear Wife or Significant (for the moment) other,

Please excuse (your name here) from (insert boring waste of time here) as he has over 400 people waiting on his report and pictures of (insert factory here if it fits!).  We thank you for your concern and appreciate your understanding.

Yours,

Def

Def

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 03:44:37 AM
Dear Wife or Significant (for the moment) other,

Please excuse (your name here) from (insert boring waste of time here) as he has over 400 people waiting on his report and pictures of (insert factory here if it fits!).  We thank you for your concern and appreciate your understanding.

Yours,

Def

Hmmm... that just might work. Now all you have to do is scribble your name on there like a doctor to make it look official. I think what I really need to do is convince her dad to take me dumpster diving at some odd hour! Who knows what might be going to the dump!  ;D
Actually now that I recall, he said he knew someone who made some parts for LM, I'll have to grill him on that when I get there.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 03:48:36 AM
Hmmm... that just might work. Now all you have to do is scribble your name on there like a doctor to make it look official. I think what I really need to do is convince her dad to take me dumpster diving at some odd hour! Who knows what might be going to the dump!  ;D
Actually now that I recall, he said he knew someone who made some parts for LM, I'll have to grill him on that when I get there.

OMG, we may need to lock this thread down.  :o  I'm getting myself all worked up into a lather just thinking about the possibilities!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 03:49:18 AM

I love idiots who scan their signatures and post them online!   ;D

I used to work for a security company whose owner did that.  Really brilliant.  That was the same company where the GM insisted that any incidents that occurred before 9am had the previous day's date because he didn't understand 24 hour time.

Needless to say, I left in disgust.

Def

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:16 PM
Well... Im here! And I'm sitting at a computer writing to you folks right as the first of two weekly tours gets started at the factory!  :twak: I'm going to go to the store on Thursday I believe, unless I can work out a ride on Friday morning and possibly hit the tour, which would be fun. We'll see what happens.  :)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 07:30:29 PM
Well... Im here! And I'm sitting at a computer writing to you folks right as the first of two weekly tours gets started at the factory!  :twak:

Arghh! So close and yet so far away!

Hopefully you can get in on one of the later tours. Good luck!

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 08:47:10 PM
OK, I just reserved 2 spots for the Friday morning tour, now I just NEED a ride!  ;D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 12:35:22 AM

FOR GODS SAKE MAN, WALK IF YOU HAVE TO!!   :grin:

Oooh, and make sure you have fresh batteries in your camera!

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 09:41:21 PM
Good news.  :) Her dad has off work on Friday and wants to go. Now I just wait...

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 10:40:29 AM
Oh and dont forget the camera  ;D  Im really envious of you . I would love to go . One thing though , I'm sure when we talked about the factory tour a while back someone said you couldnt take photos  :o  Would be great if you can
Dunc

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 06:59:25 PM
Sorry, I should have said... I started a new thread here:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1773.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!