Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2010 UK Meet - Date and Venue Confirmed - Bookings now accepted! 15329

Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,290 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
Re: 2010 UK Meet - Date and Venue Confirmed - Bookings now accepted!
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2010, 12:02:47 AM »
Rubbish...  >:(

We need an intervention to get Dunc there I think.

I'll bring a syringe full of Propofol, some gaffer tape and a stretcher.  Anyone up for a quick 'snatch and grab'?  :D

Sounds good to me

"I'm sorry that I didn't make the reception, but I was drugged and kidnapped by a bunch of English Ninjas....honestly"

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 2,169
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
Rubbish...  >:(

We need an intervention to get Dunc there I think.

I'll bring a syringe full of Propofol, some gaffer tape and a stretcher.  Anyone up for a quick 'snatch and grab'?  :D

Sounds good to me

"I'm sorry that I didn't make the reception, but I was drugged and kidnapped by a bunch of English Ninjas....honestly"

In the real world that sentence sounds ludicrous.  Anyone who frequents this forum knows that on here its quite plausible.  I'm off to get some porpofol...   >:D >:D

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,375 Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2010, 12:05:34 AM »

Funny thing is, one of the ninjas kept saying "Arrrr Jim lad".....

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,375 Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
I can't come  >:(  I'm working and as a double whammy I've a friends wedding reception in the evening .I really am upset by this as I really wanted to to come and meet the new guys and see the old faces again  :( I had such a good time on the first meetup .

Sorry to let the side down

Dunc

:(

OK. I'm coming to Norfolk at some point this year mate. So help me.

:D  Just for the day ?

Dunc

In all seriousness. I do fancy a day-trip to see me old mate Dunc. Maybe in the summer?

Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,553 Aggressive in defence
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »
I can't come  >:(  I'm working and as a double whammy I've a friends wedding reception in the evening .I really am upset by this as I really wanted to to come and meet the new guys and see the old faces again  :( I had such a good time on the first meetup .

Sorry to let the side down

Dunc

:(

OK. I'm coming to Norfolk at some point this year mate. So help me.

:D  Just for the day ?

Dunc

In all seriousness. I do fancy a day-trip to see me old mate Dunc. Maybe in the summer?

That would be great  :D  I could give you a little tour including Hunters yard , Raf Coltishall , Happisburgh cliff erosion etc.

Dunc
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
I would love to visit Hunter's again - it's been 27 years :)

And as you know, I spent time at RAF Coltishall when my uncle was based there too.

There's already too many reasons to come Dunc, even before we start talking about multitools! It's a date :tu:

Multitool.org Main Site Manager Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,317
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:37 AM »
We were thinking about going camping on your bit of coast in the summer, so I'm sure I'll bump into you later in the year :tu:

:pok: but you're still not forgiven ;)

I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2010, 12:42:17 AM »
Maybe we could go see him together Neil? You know, I distract him, you run in and nick his stuff kind of thing :D

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49:06 AM »
I would love to visit Hunter's again - it's been 27 years :)

And as you know, I spent time at RAF Coltishall when my uncle was based there too.

There's already too many reasons to come Dunc, even before we start talking about multitools! It's a date :tu:

I really hope this happens Dave  :D Would be great . From now on I'm working two days on two days off so let me know what dates your thinking about .

We were thinking about going camping on your bit of coast in the summer, so I'm sure I'll bump into you later in the year :tu:

:pok: but you're still not forgiven ;)

Wow , if the mountain won't come to mohammed .... :D  Neil let me know when and if I can be of any help give me a shout .

Still think we should have a meetup on a broads cruiser one year . We could hire a big old one that sleeps twelve and have it out over a long weekend .Wouldnt have to worry about scaring people with sharp things either .

Dunc
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
Maybe we could go see him together Neil? You know, I distract him, you run in and nick his stuff kind of thing :D

You'd have to find me first . Strangers in the village and all that , you two would stick out like a saw thumb and locals would tell you nothing  :rofl:
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2010, 12:52:28 AM »
I really hope this happens Dave  :D Would be great . From now on I'm working two days on two days off so let me know what dates your thinking about .

It'll happen :)

Still think we should have a meetup on a broads cruiser one year .

If it's got sails I'm in :tu: (I hate those diesel powered monstrous things. We used to refer to them as "grockle" boats).

You'd have to find me first . Strangers in the village and all that , you two would stick out like a saw thumb and locals would tell you nothing  :rofl:

I'm imagining that scene in American Werewolf in London when the American lads walk into that pub :D

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »
I think we would have to go diesel if a good few of us turned up , plus I know diddly squit about sailing  :D Also there wouldn't be room for your collection on a sailing boat  :D
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
I think we would have to go diesel if a good few of us turned up , plus I know diddly squit about sailing  :D Also there wouldn't be room for your collection on a sailing boat  :D

I dunno, you've seen some of those Hunters boats  :drool:

I'm RYA advanced tutor anyway ;)

« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »

I dunno, you've seen some of those Hunters boats  :drool:

I'm RYA advanced tutor anyway ;)

Are you  :o  Nice one  :D  Daves Skipper everyone  :D  Sorted  :D  I'll navigate then  >:D

Dunc
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »
I wonder if those qualifications expire actually. Put it this way, I was RYA Advanced when I was 16 anyway :D

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »
The boat sounds cool actually, I vote we do that next year :tu:

Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 43,090 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2010, 07:16:56 AM »
I'll be wanting a PFD at all times then (I hate the water as I sink alarmingly!) :o

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
No Life Club Posts: 3,516 Benner fan club #003
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
I'll be wanting a PFD at all times then (I hate the water as I sink alarmingly!) :o
Apparently Spam has very little buoyancy  ::)
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,290 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

Not enough fingers eh?

Seriously, the boat sounds like a great idea.  I think I'd have to travel down the night before to make it worth while though, Norfolk is quite a way away.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Hero Member Posts: 990 I am the Toast King!!
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

Sounds familair, I've always been told that anyone can float but I too tend to knife downwards in water  :(

"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 43,090 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »

Sounds familair, I've always been told that anyone can float but I too tend to knife downwards in water  :(
Are you a fellow sans fatty then?

Hero Member Posts: 990 I am the Toast King!!
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »

I believe that the phrase is racing snake  8)

"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »

I believe that the phrase is racing snake  8)
I prefer "built for speed, built for pleasure" :D

Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,083 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
Well the Salon has been fitted with a new set of boots, been fully serviced, MOT'd and taxed (to a total cost of £500  :() but she is ready to rock for the meet!  :D

I'm back!!
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »
Well the Salon has been fitted with a new set of boots, been fully serviced, MOT'd and taxed (to a total cost of £500  :() but she is ready to rock for the meet!  :D

I feel your pain mate, the Mondeo just needed a new set of front springs (one had sheared  :o) and a new rear hub bearing.  Just a bit under £500 all told. :'(

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
And here was me moaning about £300 out at the garage on Thursday  :-\  ... I'll be shutting up and counting blessings!

Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,083 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
And here was me moaning about £300 out at the garage on Thursday  :-\  ... I'll be shutting up and counting blessings!

£100 of mine was tax though, and that did include a full set of tyres.  So not too bad really.

I'm back!!
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »
I'm not being all tree hugger atm, but damn cars are expensive these days :(

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
They can be.  Sadly all mine came in one huge lump.  Usually I'd try and tax one month, service and MOT another and get crap like tyres/exhaust etc done another.  Didn't work out though this year as I left it all too late.

I'm back!!
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »
At least it's all done in time for ferrying me about :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $659.94
PayPal Fees: $37.89
Net Balance: $622.05