Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Guess what came home, and LM did ?

Zed · 26 · 2655

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Guess what came home, and LM did ?
on: February 19, 2010, 09:10:52 AM
Nowt  :-\ not tightened up , its still not straight when closed, but hey i still love it, i got a standard invoice with no details saying they could not do anything, they didnt even sharpen my blade    ;) oh well at least ive got it back and TBH its not that bad and probably wouldnt bother most people, i mean it is 12 years old and used,  :tu:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Guess what came home, and LM did ?
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:34:00 AM
They didn't do anything at all ???

Well there are a few folks on here who can take a look at it for you (Dave being one) :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:55 AM
Another reason to go to the meet  :pok:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
cheers guys, i thought they at least would have said they couldnt do nowt, but i can live with it TBH and at the end of the year it will be retired , im just glad to get it back, funny as the package felt bigger , i thought a possible extra in there  :D but no just bubble wrap  :rofl: 

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:53:55 AM
Thats not very good  :(  Pehaps after they contacted you asking if you wanted a replacement they just put it in an envelope and sent it back to you .

Thats a shame  :(

Dunc

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:18:14 AM
Thats not very good  :(  Pehaps after they contacted you asking if you wanted a replacement they just put it in an envelope and sent it back to you .

Thats a shame  :(

Dunc

i did ask dunc for it to be tightened up etc,  :-\

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 11:34:29 AM
I didn't want to say anything during the discussion about sending it away in case I was unduly harsh, but I'm afraid this fits pretty well with my experiences of Whitby's :(

Paul - if you'd like to send it to me, I'm sure I can make some improvements to it for you. No charge of course :)
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:14 AM
Nice one Dave :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:03:49 PM
I didn't want to say anything during the discussion about sending it away in case I was unduly harsh, but I'm afraid this fits pretty well with my experiences of Whitby's :(

Paul - if you'd like to send it to me, I'm sure I can make some improvements to it for you. No charge of course :)

Tell him he can get it back from you at the meet-up. ;)

Na, nice offer Dave. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:31:34 PM

Nice offer Dave  :D 

Paul I would take Dave up on his offer mate , he really does know what he's doing . Or you could send it to me , I've never taken an original Wave to bits  >:D

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:51:55 PM
That's a bit poo.  I'm guessing they didn't move on past the broken driver.
I'm back!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
Paul this is what Kwakster has said about tightening the pliers on original Waves,( I am not sure if your one has loose pliers )

"The only correct way to tighten up older Waves is to replace the plierhead and the plierhead pivots.
Just tightening the 5 pointed Torx screws will leave you with very hard to open blades, without attacking the real problem which is wear.

I've stopped replacing parts on old Waves altogether, when these come in and the customer hasn't stated a certain fondness of the old tool, it gets exchanged for a New Wave."

Kwakster used to be a official Leatherman repairer, my original Wave seems to suffer this looseness due to wear problem  :(. I bought some 5 star torx screw drivers & tightening does not solve the problem :(.

At least you got it back mate  :D :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 01:39:46 PM
Ah, well remembered MM.  :tu:
I'm back!!

Offline ratslash7

Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 02:10:03 PM
How long have you had that thing?

>:D
A

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
Sorry to hear that they didn't do anything for it man :-\ But at least they did send it back to ya and not replace :cheers: If it goes to Dave it will be in good hands :tu:

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:03:35 PM
I get the impression we Brit's get the crappy end of the stick when it comes to Leatherman's warranty ::)

I have never seen a poor response from someone sending their tool to Leatherman USA. You would think for the extra they charge in the UK we could count on a decent warranty followup  :D

Obviously this my opinion based on my findings about Whitby and not the views of MTO  :tu:

Nice offer from Dave  :salute:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 05:29:52 PM
thanks guys for all the replys and dave i will take you up on your kind offer mate, its not really the pliers although they are very slightly loose, its mainly the grips, one is looser than the other and when closed sags down, i dont know if this can be sorted but at least they could of sent it in writing, im not impressed with there service sadly as am a big LM fan,

ill pm you late dave as busy at the mo and just got back from a 10 mile walk and the plates of meat hurt  :D  :tu:

paul

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 05:38:04 PM
Well, I obviously can't promise to work miracles or anything, but I'll make it the best it can be :tu:
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 06:15:00 PM
Well, I obviously can't promise to work miracles or anything, but I'll make it the best it can be :tu:

cheers dave, ive sent whitby a email saying about my disappointment, lets see if they care about future LM purchases,  :(

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 07:28:22 PM

cheers dave, ive sent whitby a email saying about my disappointment, lets see if they care about future LM purchases,  :(

They will e mail you immediately Paul to tell you they have found the necessary parts and can return it to it's former glory  ::) Actually I would have thought that Whitbys would be obliged to stock the necessary parts to repair any tool in line with the twenty five year warranty  :think: But I suppose replacement in most cases is good enough.
Gabba gabba hey!!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 07:31:20 PM

They will e mail you immediately Paul to tell you they have found the necessary parts and can return it to it's former glory  ::) Actually I would have thought that Whitbys would be obliged to stock the necessary parts to repair any tool in line with the twenty five year warranty  :think: But I suppose replacement in most cases is good enough.

they would of just given me a new one Chris if i wanted one, my main issue is that it doesnt line up when closed as is loose, it all functions OK but im anal like that  :rofl:will be interesting to see what they come back with, i suppose they are closed over the weekend so possibly wont here till Monday.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 07:41:42 PM
It's kinda lousy service they didn't do anything at all.. :P :P  
But good of you Dave,  :tu: and I want pics when you get it back, Paul..  ;)

Offline ratslash7

Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:33 PM
I suppose there are some folks who would have been disappointed if they polished a tool with sentimental value. " That scratch on the blade happened on my honeymoon..." etc. As I recall, there was some debate as to whether you wanted it polished at all?

I think they did you right. They couldn't fix what you wanted fixed and you didn't want a replacement so they sent it back and now it's home safe and sound.

A buddy of mine broke the tip off my old beat-up PST. I sent it back to LM and told them that if they couldn't fix it I would like it back rather than get a replacement due to sentimental value. They replaced the blade and polished the tool. It looks brand new now except for a little "funk" on the file. I kinda' miss the old beat-up tool...the broken blade was killing me though.
A

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 08:42:02 PM
I suppose there are some folks who would have been disappointed if they polished a tool with sentimental value. " That scratch on the blade happened on my honeymoon..." etc. As I recall, there was some debate as to whether you wanted it polished at all?

I think they did you right. They couldn't fix what you wanted fixed and you didn't want a replacement so they sent it back and now it's home safe and sound.

A buddy of mine broke the tip off my old beat-up PST. I sent it back to LM and told them that if they couldn't fix it I would like it back rather than get a replacement due to sentimental value. They replaced the blade and polished the tool. It looks brand new now except for a little "funk" on the file. I kinda' miss the old beat-up tool...the broken blade was killing me though.

(I think they did you right)  :think: i asked for it to be tightened up as one side sags lower than the other, they said they didnt have the part for the driver, i excepted that with no problems, but i got it back with no reference to why they couldnt fix it at all, thats my gripe, these do come with a 25 YEAR WARRANTY , plus i decided not to get it polished etc, TBH all i wanted was a why it could not be fixed thats all, not much to ask really,

paul   

Offline ratslash7

Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 08:46:50 PM

(I think they did you right)  :think: i asked for it to be tightened up as one side sags lower than the other, they said they didnt have the part for the driver, i excepted that with no problems, but i got it back with no reference to why they couldnt fix it at all, thats my gripe, these do come with a 25 YEAR WARRANTY , plus i decided not to get it polished etc, TBH all i wanted was a why it could not be fixed thats all, not much to ask really,

paul   

Yup. You're right. A little explanation would have been nice. I have and old Wave as well that has seen better days. There's something about it I love even though I rarely carry it.
A

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

paul   

Yup. You're right. A little explanation would have been nice. I have and old Wave as well that has seen better days. There's something about it I love even though I rarely carry it.

i still use mine when i can, not as much these days but i still hold it dear, its got everything ive ever needed im a MT so far,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%