Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

English suspected terrorist

yud · 9 · 866

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
English suspected terrorist
on: February 24, 2010, 04:37:40 AM
Ok so I am watching NFL Full Contact (more fun then watching football), and cameraman Bob in London for an NFL game.  He is lost and gets pulled over and is given a suspected terrorist ticket.  And I was just wondering what is it and how do you get one.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: English suspected terrorist
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:28 AM

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:34:30 AM
It is not just England.

I was told by a city employee to stop taking photographs of the Boats in the Public marina a few years ago. When I informed him of my interest in the ducks in said marina, he still told me to pack it up and leave public property. I didn't argue with him, and left politely. I was ticked off enough to enquire with the School police liaison officer the next day. He was incredulous that such an event happened. However, he did state that I did the right thing, as under the law, all public city property is technically owned by the Mayor, and thus they can charge trespassing.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline andre0407

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:38:28 AM
Well I guess given the world that we all live in now, fear and suspicion abounds.
Where I live, if you board a train wearing a face mask or cap and is carrying anything that is no larger than a small haversack you would be subject to many stares.. and if you forget to retrieve your bag whilst alighting the said train you would bound to be referred to the Police.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:55:11 PM
It is not just England.

I was told by a city employee to stop taking photographs of the Boats in the Public marina a few years ago. When I informed him of my interest in the ducks in said marina, he still told me to pack it up and leave public property. I didn't argue with him, and left politely. I was ticked off enough to enquire with the School police liaison officer the next day. He was incredulous that such an event happened. However, he did state that I did the right thing, as under the law, all public city property is technically owned by the Mayor, and thus they can charge trespassing.

too bad you have some amazing brids photos

Here if you take photos of oil refineries or other infrastructure you will get to have a nice little chat with the FBI, but there are movements to make sure Photogaphers know their rights

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 04:14:58 PM
IIRC some Police forces have already had their knuckles rapped over the same thing.  The legalisation (rightly or wrongly) is designed to give the Police the power to stop people who are acting in a highly suspicious manner, something like taking pictures of all the access points into the Houses of Parliament for example.  NOT guys taking photos in a small town centre, the officer should have been able to give a specific reason as to what he had been doing wrong as I understand it.  The guys belligerent attitude does him not favours though, while he isn't rude he is confrontational so I can see why the officer didn't just let it go.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 04:37:23 PM
For those of us in the US here is a site about Photographer’s Rights

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:36:31 PM
I can see a basis for legislation like that, and I can see that it would be difficult to enforce without affecting innocent people like that.

Who knows, perhaps one of those santas was in the SAS and thats why all the fuss :D

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 04:45:45 PM
UK is turning into 1984, that's all.  :P

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/feb/21/photographer-films-anti-terror-arrest

Ridiculous. My God, who are these cops? What a bunch of sh*theads! Just trying to flex their authority, not protect anyone.

And what the hell is antisocial behavior?

I've got your antisocial behavior right here.  >:(
G

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44