Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Value Packs, Let's See Them.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Leatherman Value Packs, Let's See Them.
on: February 25, 2010, 06:52:48 PM
I like many of the retired Leatherman MT's, so even though I already have one, if I see one on eBay in NIB or Mint condition that catches my eye I will bid on it.  Recently I bid on and "won" a Leatherman Value Pack.  I had never bought a Leatherman MT in any other type of Value Pack other than the occasional MT & Flashlight Combo.  So when I saw this Value Pack I bid on it and won it for a decent price, $61.    

It made me wonder what other types of Value Packs Leatherman has sold over the years.  If you've bought a Leatherman Value Pack in the past let's here about it, unless you haven't opened it yet, then let's see it.  If you buy one in the future, post some pictures.  I'd be interested to see what other Value Packs Leatherman has produced over the years.

This Value Pack was a Super Tool 200 with a Nylon Sheath, Barska Trend Field Glasses (8 X 21) and a Butane Storm Proof lighter.  The Storm Proof Lighter is made by DAC Technologies.  I have never heard of them before.  Both the binoculars and the storm proof lighter aren't top of the line in their fields but both seem to be decent quality.  All in all I'm pleased with the Value Pack.  Especially enlight that I probably would have paid $61 for the Super Tool 200 NIB alone.   :D

Front of Value Pack

Back of Value Pack

Open Contents of Value Pack.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:01:37 PM by 1jump2many »
[

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Leatherman Value Packs, Let's See Them.
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:33 PM
That's a really nice find!  :salute:

(I'm not a SuperTool 200 fan, but still that's a fabulous price)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:22 PM
Thanks 1jump, that's a great find IMO. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:53 PM

Now that I've had a day to play around with the other items I can say the lighter is a bit cheesy.  It works but I don't think I would rely on it.  The field glasses/binoculars are decent for their size.  I actually didn't expect much but they turned out to be better than I expected. 

I was hoping others had purchased Value Packs in the past but evidently, due to the lack of response, that isn't the case.  :D
[

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:08:15 PM

Now that I've had a day to play around with the other items I can say the lighter is a bit cheesy.  It works but I don't think I would rely on it.  The field glasses/binoculars are decent for their size.  I actually didn't expect much but they turned out to be better than I expected. 

I was hoping others had purchased Value Packs in the past but evidently, due to the lack of response, that isn't the case.  :D

I've not seen any, but if it makes you feel any better, I dreamt I'd found over twenty combo packs of Victorinox SwissTool/SwissTool Spirit/Leatherman Micra for $40 at Big Lots... damn these evil dreams of mine.  :cry:

Offline andre0407

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:16:00 PM

I've not seen any, but if it makes you feel any better, I dreamt I'd found over twenty combo packs of Victorinox SwissTool/SwissTool Spirit/Leatherman Micra for $40 at Big Lots... damn these evil dreams of mine.  :cry:

MT value packs are hard to come by where I live. :( and Sazabi.. I think that is what we call 'obsession'.  >:D

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:11:23 PM

Now that I've had a day to play around with the other items I can say the lighter is a bit cheesy.  It works but I don't think I would rely on it.  The field glasses/binoculars are decent for their size.  I actually didn't expect much but they turned out to be better than I expected.  

I was hoping others had purchased Value Packs in the past but evidently, due to the lack of response, that isn't the case.  :D

I've not seen any, but if it makes you feel any better, I dreamt I'd found over twenty combo packs of Victorinox SwissTool/SwissTool Spirit/Leatherman Micra for $40 at Big Lots... damn these evil dreams of mine.  :cry:

MT value packs are hard to come by where I live. :( and Sazabi.. I think that is what we call 'obsession'.  >:D

Yup, but what can I say?  I'm a thrifty sale-bum, always keeping my eyes open for good prices... which is why I hate Craigslist... someone wants $35 for a NIB SuperTool, but I don't want to drive 45 minutes to pick it up. :/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 05:13:34 PM by Sazabi »

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 05:34:04 PM
The best value pack of all time in my opinion was the Core, Crater, Bit kit combo at Home Depot two Christmases ago.  If I remember it was 35-40.00.

Offline fatcat55

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:34 PM
I don't know if this was a "value pack" or not, but I just bought my son a LM  Blast and Micra packaged together as  a special deal. On the package it said "$75 value" and it originally sold for $49.99.

This month they were reduced on clearance to $34.99 and my son had a $15 gift card, so he got 2 new LM tools for a total of $22.76.

I thought that was a pretty good deal.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:03 AM

Now you've gone an put some dream fodder in my head.  I'll probably have visions of Vic MT's dancing in my head tonight.   :D
[

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12:19 AM
I don't know if this was a "value pack" or not, but I just bought my son a LM  Blast and Micra packaged together as  a special deal. On the package it said "$75 value" and it originally sold for $49.99.

This month they were reduced on clearance to $34.99 and my son had a $15 gift card, so he got 2 new LM tools for a total of $22.76.

I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Welcome to MTO  :cheers:   That sounds like a Value Pack to me. 
[

Offline Nonicks

Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 01:48:09 AM
I love a great deal. Not a value pack but a heck of a great deal on Vic Soldiers. Several years ago they were closing them out for $10. Bought a bunch! :climber:

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 02:51:37 AM
Over the past few years
Core with LM knife and bit kit $40 X2 one went to my uncle
Kick with Micra $30
Fuse with Monarch 200 $33.39 the light went to my coworker
 :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 04:04:28 AM
My Blast came in a nice metal tin with a clip watch that I have carried clipped on me everyday for the last 2 years :o :D Seems like I gave around $59 for it and that is a good deal considering I got it at a knife store that is expensive on LM :D

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 04:47:40 AM
My very first MT , a Surge Pack came with a cool watch which I use at work, it came in a LM tin. It was a gift from my wife & I think it was a OZ market only set  :think:

I also got the Core pack which included ; a Core  :P :D , E301 LM knife , bit kit + bit holder & a extension tool bit. At $39us I thought it was a steal but I think these sets went as low as $20us in the shops in the US  :o :o :o :o :o.

I saw a Kick & torch combo for around $30aus on OZ Ebay , Tinnie bought a couple. I think it had a silver colored torch (early LM torch :think: :think: :think:).
That price was a steal for OZ prices. I was tempted to get one for the torch but did not , the Kick is about the only LM I am not interested in  :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 05:00:17 AM
Mat,

That watch is very interesting.  Is that a carabiner?  I like the light and compass on it too.   :tu:
[

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 06:31:01 AM
Yep it is a carabiner :D :D, not sure how accurate the compass is though  :think: I could check it against our GPS  :think:
It is a nice watch made in Japan , the first one I had was broken out of the box  >:( but the OZ importer replaced it once I sent the broken one in.

This OZ ebay seller has similar ones for sale
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHERMAN-NEW-CLIP-WATCH-Choice-YLW15BK-or-YLW16WH_W0QQitemZ120534481346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_KnivesSwords?hash=item1c106a39c2

I think Joe mentioned Zen Imports(OZ LM Importer) has permission to sell these LM watches.I do not think they are available in any other markets  :think: :think: :think:
I like the silver wrist watch myself  :D :D. Go to products , accessories & then watches in the link below. :D :D

http://www.leatherman.com.au/

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 03:07:01 PM
I think Joe mentioned Zen Imports(OZ LM Importer) has permission to sell these LM watches.I do not think they are available in any other markets  :think: :think: :think:
I like the silver wrist watch myself  :D :D. Go to products , accessories & then watches in the link below. :D :D

http://www.leatherman.com.au/

That is interesting.  I wonder why they are just limited to the Australian market? :think:  I would buy one if they were available in the US.  Great information, thanks.   :tu:
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 03:11:42 PM
I like the look of this one a lot. :drool:

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:05 PM
And they have "new" lights as well!  ;)

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 06:47:12 PM
Does anyone know who makes the watches for Leatherman?  Is it a company like Casio etc. or are they contracted out by Leatherman?  I've got some other "irons in the fire" I'm looking for but now Mat has sparked my interest in these too.  Does it ever end...... :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
[

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:23 AM
Paperwork that came with my carabiner watch was decidedly sparse , 12 mnth warranty + very basic instructions. The watch does have made in Japan on it  but that is it. I think they are a 'good' quality watch not 'great' quality watch  :think: :think:

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 02:52:58 PM
Paperwork that came with my carabiner watch was decidedly sparse , 12 mnth warranty + very basic instructions. The watch does have made in Japan on it  but that is it. I think they are a 'good' quality watch not 'great' quality watch  :think: :think:

Awww......and here I was hoping Rolex made them.   :D    I'm sure they are decent enough quality.  I will most likely get one but I've got a few items to check off my list first.  I still think they are cool, especially in a Value Pack.
[

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:50 PM
I have one of those also MultiMat. I bought it at the local gun shop. I don't think it was an Australia only item.

Here are a few other value packs.

25th Anniversary Charge AL.

Charge SLV.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:11:56 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 03:18:16 PM
 :cheers: Chako I stand corrected  :tu: :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:14 PM
Here is mine. It is a neat little watch, that is for sure.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline joebw

Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:52:30 PM
Hi,

This watch was available with a Stainless Blast in a tin case in the US in 2006.  The product number for this set was 830757.

Cheers - Joe

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 05:29:03 AM
I have one of those also MultiMat. I bought it at the local gun shop. I don't think it was an Australia only item.

Here are a few other value packs.

(Image removed from quote.)

25th Anniversary Charge AL.

Charge SLV.

As always.........VERY nice Chako.   :tu:
[

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 05:31:58 AM
Hi,

This watch was available with a Stainless Blast in a tin case in the US in 2006.  The product number for this set was 830757.

Cheers - Joe

Joe do you know if the wrist watches available through OZ Leatherman, are they sold in any other markets  :think: :think:.
 :cheers:

Offline joebw

Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 09:40:31 PM
With the exception of the carabiner watch that we've discussed, I haven't seen the other Oz watches anywhere else.  I will say that their wrist watches are huge.

Best - Joe

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD