Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Old Mag Lite on ebay...7 cell

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Old Mag Lite on ebay...7 cell
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:09:19 AM
Never seen a 7 cell- I carried 6C and D cells an awful lot, and I heard about a twelve cell that was made long ago in very limited numbers, but 7 is a new one on me.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline AJ

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:44:41 AM
I had a 7 cell that I would have bought in 1988.  It still maybe around someplace. I am watching the auction to see if it's worth looking for. :)

Def,
 5,000 post!
You a sick man...  ;)
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:48:29 AM
Hehehe... it's worthless, but seeing as how we are good buddies, I'll give you ten bucks for it! :P

5,000 posts huh?  I wonder what this place would be like if I got a life? :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:56:23 AM
12 cell?  That must have weighed a ton... :-X

I wonder why Mag Lite never came out with hexagon shaped heads (and even tailcaps) to prevent rolling...I understand "sticking with what works", but that's my main gripe with Mags...they roll!

I might buy one of those accessory kits with the anti roll thingie...does anyone know if it's plastic or rubber?  Those kits are about $15 on ebay, and I have 3-4 full size Mags I'd like to put them on... :angry:  I've never seen those kits in any store either :angry: :angry:
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:03:58 AM
My guess is ease of manufacture.  A simple textured tube seems like it might be easier to crank out than a hexagonal tube which I think would have to be milled.  Of course I know little about manufacturing metal thingees, so maybe I am wrong.

12D's were HEAVY!  Although, now that I think about it, it might have been an accessory tube to add length on to them rather than actually being issued that way.  Of course one would think twice about dealing with a night watchman carrying a monster like that, which I believe was the whole point of them. 

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:21:32 AM
My guess is ease of manufacture.  A simple textured tube seems like it might be easier to crank out than a hexagonal tube which I think would have to be milled.  Of course I know little about manufacturing metal thingees, so maybe I am wrong.

12D's were HEAVY!  Although, now that I think about it, it might have been an accessory tube to add length on to them rather than actually being issued that way.  Of course one would think twice about dealing with a night watchman carrying a monster like that, which I believe was the whole point of them. 

Def

I meant produce a hexagon HEAD...the part you twist.  But yea, I think to keep the cost down they kept a simple design.

That 12D must have been the size of a baseball bat :twak:
[

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 04:04:17 AM
Post #7, the 12D is huge

I prefer to mate my 6D bulbs in a 2C body with 3x123 Batteries.  ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 04:10:07 AM
Thanks- I was sure I wasn't imagining it! :D

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%