Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pocket Clip on New Wave

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Pocket Clip on New Wave
on: September 30, 2006, 08:56:28 AM
Do any of you guys carry your New Wave with the removable pocket clip?  And if you do does it scratch up the wave were the clip meets the side of the handle?
"

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: Pocket Clip on New Wave
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 02:58:44 PM
I carry my new wave with the pocket clip most of the time, it doesn't scratch up the wave at all, and it is nice that it comes off and you have the option of wearing  a sheath or not. Clips works well with jeans but can really hang your pants down if your wearing dress pants  :P Also this is my second clip, I was at a store conversion (converting a food lion to a harveys) and on the last day I was there the clip got caught on some shrink wrap and pulled it sideways bending it, when I went to bend it back it snaped. Good thing they only cost about $7.

DavidBinGA

Do any of you guys carry your New Wave with the removable pocket clip?  And if you do does it scratch up the wave were the clip meets the side of the handle?

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 05:27:14 PM
I carry my Charge TI in a pocket clip quite a bit and really like it there, no bulky sheath sticking out!

Kap
I

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:24:10 AM

I carried the Wave with the clip, but it didn't really work out for me.  In my job, I'm always runnin and jumpin around, and I guess because the clip is on the bottom of the tool, the part that opens, I'd have the tool opened in an L shape in my pocket all the time, and it became a pain in the rear.  What I did instead for a long time was hook it on my jeans behind my back, and it stayed put. 

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:13:56 AM
I carry my Charge TI with the pocket clip all the time.  The pocket clip really makes a difference in the feel of the tool in your pocket.  I just recieved another clip and lanyard for my Wave. I just wanted to make sure that didn't scratch up the side of the tool.  Thanks for the imput guys :)
"

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:08:59 AM
I have been carring my Wave for the past week with the removable pocket clip and I have noticed that the clip when attached makes the tools inside extreamly hard to get out.  Is this just my Wave or does any one else have this happen to them.
"

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:13:29 AM
Isnt it heavy clipped to your pocket?
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:19:58 AM
Isnt it heavy clipped to your pocket?
    You really don't notice the weight of the tool when it is clipped to your pants pocket.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 04:25:25 AM
I have been carring my Wave for the past week with the removable pocket clip and I have noticed that the clip when attached makes the tools inside extreamly hard to get out.  Is this just my Wave or does any one else have this happen to them.

I don't have a Wave, but I have a Charge. Getting the inner tools out feels the same, whether the removable clip is on or off. No difference.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 04:48:57 AM
I have a Charge as well and mine doesn't feel any different whether the clip is in or out.  I was just wondering if my Wave had a small problem or not.
"

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 02:43:16 PM
Hey guys, here's an interesting realization on my part.  I was playing around with my Wave yesterday, and with the removeable clip and also with the removeable lanyard attachment, and then I saw it.  There is a lanyard attachment ALREADY ON the Wave!!!  I didn't know that!!!  It's in the handle, right next to the Scissors.  It slides right out.  Why do they sell you a removeable lanyard attachment when the Wave already has one!?!

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 04:47:22 PM
My can opener and bit driver are har to open when the clip is attached, it takes me having to pull the can opener out first to get a hold of the driver and get that out too.

DavidBinGA

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 11:14:25 PM
Why do they sell you a removeable lanyard attachment when the Wave already has one!?!

Because someone will buy it? :P

Seriously, it is a different type of lanyard ring.  Some one may want a quick release type instead of a permanent mount one, just like some folks prefer to use the clip instead of the supplied sheath.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 08:18:45 AM
My can opener and bit driver are har to open when the clip is attached, it takes me having to pull the can opener out first to get a hold of the driver and get that out too.

DavidBinGA

Thats exactly the same as me. Thanks I guess its not just my Wave
"

Offline colubrid

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 05:59:10 PM
Hey is there any way to put a pocket clip on the old Wave?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 08:19:54 PM
No the pocket clip slips in a special place made for it on the New Wave and is held in place by the tool lock release button.
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD